SC vs LSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC vs LSU

Reaction Score
I don't know why the SEC doesn't schedule the top matchups home and home.

I think Dawn would be fine with it.

I guess doing that leads to imbalances down the line. And maybe every good team doesn't want to play the best teams twice. Getting a one hand winner take all scenario has worked out for some in past.

Reaction Score
I won't be shocked if this game is close in Q1 or even by halftime. But I think in Q3 we will see SCar really start to pull away and then completely dominate in Q4. LSU has some good players but I don't think they gel together well and watching them (for a few games) they don't feel like a cohesive unit. I think SCar will frustrate them a lot, especially with their ability to consistently rebound.

I do think SCar's weakness at guarding the perimeter and also their not great shooting % might one day eventually hurt them, but I don't think LSU is that team. SCar should be able to get more than enough second chance points (and deny LSU the same) to more than win this game.

Ultimately LSU's weak schedule is going to be their biggest downfall, IMO.
I think LSU's SOS is a non factor. If SCar beats LSU by 1 or by 30, it's not bec LSU had weak SOS, it's bec SCar is the best team in America and has been for 2 years. They are bigger and have more depth than LSU. If LSU gets big big offensive game from either Poole, Poa or Carson, the game could be close but otherwise it's SCar win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SC is a slow starter, has been all season mostly. LSU will hang around the first half, might have a lead. Second half usually favors SC, we will see Sunday.

Reaction Score
I don't know why the SEC doesn't schedule the top matchups home and home.

I think Dawn would be fine with it.

I guess doing that leads to imbalances down the line. And maybe every good team doesn't want to play the best teams twice. Getting a one hand winner take all scenario has worked out for some in

When Texas and Oklahoma join, I bet we drop to one game each. Maybe one “traditional rival” twice. Say Tennessee for us. The tournament will provide the only other second matchups.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Texas and Oklahoma join, I bet we drop to one game each. Maybe one “traditional rival” twice. Say Tennessee for us. The tournament will provide the only other second matchups.
That would suck if it were to happen.

Reaction Score
My take: South Carolina is the most physical team in WCBB and LSU is not physical, I see a blowout with South Carolina playing the subs most of the second half. Hope I am wrong because I hate blowout games.
LSU players also seem to play off emotion. I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll start compounding the issue when things don't go their way.

Reaction Score

We regularly only play Tennessee once a season today, without Texas' and Oklahoma's help. If we do have a "traditional" rival for 2 games, it will be Georgia......

Reaction Score
Over the entire season:

Points Per Game:
LSU: 86.7 ppg
USC: 82.2 ppg

Opponents Points per Game:
USC: 48.3 ppg
LSU: 54.3 ppg

Field Goal %:
LSU: .480
USC: .467

Opponent's Field Goal %:
USC: .299
LSU: .332

Rebounds per Game:
USC: 50.4 rpg
LSU: 49.9 rpg

Opponent's Rebounds per Game:
USC: 29.0 rpg
LSU: 29.4 rpg

In Southeastern Conference Games:

Points Per Game:
USC: 81.2 ppg
LSU: 77.9 ppg

Opponents Points per Game:
USC: 50.9 ppg
LSU: 58.1 ppg

Field Goal %:
USC: .465
LSU: .434

Opponent's Field Goal %:
USC: .325
LSU: .360

Rebounds per Game:
USC: 49.7 rpg
LSU: 48.3 rpg

Opponent's Rebounds per Game:
USC: 27.5 rpg
LSU: 31.0 rpg

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We regularly only play Tennessee once a season today, without Texas' and Oklahoma's help. If we do have a "traditional" rival for 2 games, it will be Georgia......
"Officially", it's Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I'll be stunned (and impressed) if LSU keeps it close. UConn kept it close because they have a solid team concept. I don't think street ball is going to cut it against SC. Also, SC is a lot bigger and faster than LSU at every position, and they don't get any smaller or slower when they sub.

Now, down to specifics, I think Morris and Flaujae will both be held to single digit scoring, and Reese may score in double digits, but won't rebound in double digits.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss and TN will play much closer games to SC than LSU. Those teams have better coaching and have more physical rosters.

Reese is excellent but Morris is one of the most over rated players in the country who feasts on subpar teams. I don't get the hype around Flaujae personally although her numbers are okay even by HS team level schedule. Raven or Cooke will keep Morris shut down. Reese will score her share of points but SC should win this by 38. I think you see the entire bench by mid third quarter.

Considering LSU has a bunch of hot headed players. I'm afraid an embarrassing loss like this will show down the stretch with some really bad losses to potentially Ole Miss, Vandy and Miss St. The clear cut #2 team in the SEC is still up in the air.

Reaction Score
I'll be stunned (and impressed) if LSU keeps it close. UConn kept it close because they have a solid team concept. I don't think street ball is going to cut it against SC. Also, SC is a lot bigger and faster than LSU at every position, and they don't get any smaller or slower when they sub.

Now, down to specifics, I think Morris and Flaujae will both be held to single digit scoring, and Reese may score in double digits, but won't rebound in double digits.
If LSU plays "street ball" so does SCar so maybe street ball is better than a "solid team concept" on occasion. LSU and SCar are mirror images of each other; defense, rebounds and get to the line but I do agree Scar should win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If LSU plays "street ball" so does SCar bec LSU and SCar are mirror images of each other; defense, rebounds and get to the line. Scar should win bec they are bigger, deeper and more experienced but the old adage respect everyone, fear nobody comes to mind reading your post.
Exactly. I hope you didn’t think you were disagreeing with me.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss and TN will play much closer games to SC than LSU. Those teams have better coaching and have more physical rosters.

Reese is excellent but Morris is one of the most over rated players in the country who feasts on subpar teams. I don't get the hype around Flaujae personally although her numbers are okay even by HS team level schedule. Raven or Cooke will keep Morris shut down. Reese will score her share of points but SC should win this by 38. I think you see the entire bench by mid third quarter.

Considering LSU has a bunch of hot headed players. I'm afraid an embarrassing loss like this will show down the stretch with some really bad losses to potentially Ole Miss, Vandy and Miss St. The clear cut #2 team in the SEC is still up in the air.
You think Ole Miss and Tennessee have better coaching?

Rare Picture of Bogart Bogarting

Reaction Score
My prediction is SC will crush LSU.
I agree. I am not impressed by LSU at all. They have a very weak schedule and not convinced on anyone on the roster outside of Reese. And I think SC (Beal) neutralizes her and their athletic bigs.
I’ll be shocked this isn’t a blow out by SC. But, we’ll see.

Reaction Score

I’m no fan of Mulkey but if you think she’s not a good coach I think you are mistaken. That said, I think S.C. wins by double digits. As another poster said, LSU, and especially Reese and Morris, play a lot on emotion. If things don’t go their way that won’t play to their advantage.

Aliyah and Angel are the big names for their respective teams but in my opinion Morris is the player SC needs to control and I think they will go all out like they did with Muhl to get the ball out of her hands. I don’t believe LSU has a player who can effectively run the team if S.C. is successful. They will switch out people to guard her just to give her different looks and to keep her uncomfortable. Fletcher, Johnson, Beal, Cooke, and Amihere will all get their turn. If S.C. controls Morris they will win.

I can’t wait for the matchup. I “think” SC will come out ready to play and will win by 10. In the end I think the fact that SC players have been in so many big games over the past 4 years will be the key. If I remember correctly this Senior class has only lost 1 home game in 4 years and they have played in some big ones.

Reaction Score
I’m no fan of Mulkey but if you think she’s not a good coach I think you are mistaken. That said, I think S.C. wins by double digits. As another poster said, LSU, and especially Reese and Morris, play a lot on emotion. If things don’t go their way that won’t play to their advantage.

Aliyah and Angel are the big names for their respective teams but in my opinion Morris is the player SC needs to control and I think they will go all out like they did with Muhl to get the ball out of her hands. I don’t believe LSU has a player who can effectively run the team if S.C. is successful. They will switch out people to guard her just to give her different looks and to keep her uncomfortable. Fletcher, Johnson, Beal, Cooke, and Amihere will all get their turn. If S.C. controls Morris they will win.

I can’t wait for the matchup. I “think” SC will come out ready to play and will win by 10. In the end I think the fact that SC players have been in so many big games over the past 4 years will be the key. If I remember correctly this Senior class has only lost 1 home game in 4 years and they have played in some big ones.
I won't be shocked if LSU gets down by 10+ and you start to see some finger pointing going on. It happens when you play off emotion and have a team full of people who haven't spent years together.

I also agree that if you shut down Morris, LSU is going to be shut down for the most part. Reese is great but I don't think "hero ball" is enough to get the job done (unless she has an incredible game and SC throws up bricks AND can't rebound all game).

SC and LSU are both going to come out with something to prove to the nation, but IMO SC even more so. They are reigning champs and when you are at the top, everyone wants to see you lose. The pressure is on for SC to win but I don't see them folding when they have experience on the floor and sidelines.

Reaction Score
I won't be shocked if LSU gets down by 10+ and you start to see some finger pointing going on. It happens when you play off emotion and have a team full of people who haven't spent years together.

I also agree that if you shut down Morris, LSU is going to be shut down for the most part. Reese is great but I don't think "hero ball" is enough to get the job done (unless she has an incredible game and SC throws up bricks AND can't rebound all game).

SC and LSU are both going to come out with something to prove to the nation, but IMO SC even more so. They are reigning champs and when you are at the top, everyone wants to see you lose. The pressure is on for SC to win but I don't see them folding when they have experience on the floor and sidelines.
Cut off the head of the snake. That’s Dawn’s philosophy.

Reaction Score
I think there’s more pressure on LSU to prove itself. You have young players being told all year that they are great and now all of a sudden they are underdogs. That pressure may change during the game but coming in I think LSU feels pressure more. The SC players have been under the gun so many times over the past 4 years. Remember that SC top 7 players are 6 seniors and a junior who have been in so many high pressure games before.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom