SC Postgame Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SC Postgame Thread

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
It’s not much of a consolation prize, but I do hope this puts the conversation of ONO v. Boston to rest. It was almost immediately clear who was getting the better of that battle. Boston was the second-best player on the floor...unfortunately, there was a hell of a lot of ground between her and the best.
She got away with a lot of fouls, did she have any assists? 1

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
That game broke a 7-game OT losing streak which has lasted over 16 years. Connecticut last won in overtime 12/1/04 against South Florida, 76-65. Since then 7 losses, one in triple overtime to ND (one of four against them; the others were Duke, Stanford, and Mississippi State). Four of the seven were in the NCAA tournament, including 3 Final Fours.

It also runs Connecticut's record to 8-1 as a #2 playing #1 (lone loss to Baylor in 2011).
I wonder what team has the record for defeating the #1 team, all time.

Reaction Score
Excellent defensive game plan by Dawn. SC shut down UConn’s game down low, and cut off the slash and drive game, usually Christyn’s bread and butter. As a result, she dared Liv and Aaliyah to hit from the outside, which neither could do. Folks are upset that Liv kept shooting from out there, but she was the only one being given open shots and she has to fire ‘em to keep the defense honest. Just gotta learn to make ‘em with some reasonable percentage!

Reaction Score
I don’t think she was hurting, she was not productive is my guess. She was out of sorts today, it was easy to see. No contribution so he sat her. She always contributes some way but not today.
Too bad. I was sort of counting on her to provide firepower from the outside. I do hope that there is nothing wrong with her.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
giphy.gif
Not sure what to make of this meme, which is rare.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The problem is that these picks have been allowed for every game until tonight. So, will they be OK again going forward? Did Dawn Staley get in Dee Kantners' ear to call fouls on those picks?
I fully agree, but they can still go to the game film, and learn how to set a stationary pick. Remove all doubt from the Refs. I think Geno and CD and staff have done an excellent job teaching the players how to cut down on fouls, and still play excellent defense. This was just a learning experience.

Reaction Score
So I watched the game downstairs in my man cave. When Paige's 3 went in, I let out a yell, causing Mrs. Oldude to come running downstairs, greatly concerned about my well being. I guess she still loves me. :cool:
Here's to the Love, Olddude!!! Way To Show Spirit!!!! :)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I wanted to see what UConn would do when they had the ball in the fourth quarter and the clock was running down, but the ball got away from Evita.
Looked like she was having trouble moving much of the night. She just could not get out after that pass, and she may have been fouled to boot.

Reaction Score
Can you name one specific game that comes close to what Paige did tonight?

-Paige scored half of the team's points on 54% shooting. The rest of the team shot a combined 31.9%.

-Paige scored the team's final 13 points, including two jumpers to send it to OT and all 9 points in OT. 5-5 shooting and 2-2 from the FT line.

-She did this against the #1 team in the country.

the UConn/Tenn regular season game her year junior year. Seriously, go look at the schedule and box scores. Diana pretty much had to do this against half the Big East, and the top teams. Geno was trying to figure out a way to have Diana pass Diana the ball. ?

Those teams had no business winning a championship, but did because DT was magic those two seasons.

I don’t say this to negate anything that Paige is doing..heck, she’s being compared to The GOAT as a freshman..but what DT did with those teams, was just..remarkable. Remember the second best WNBA player from those teams was Ashley Battle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been annoyed with Boston for quite some time. Apparently she doesn't want to tough it out with a smaller, but very physical player. Bravo, Aaliyah! I think there will be a rematch in the NCAAs.
Nothing like a 'minty fresh' smile (with no teeth missing)! :D

Reaction Score
OK, here is a question for our UConn trivia experts. Has any UConn player ever scored 30 pts in 3 straight games?
No. I recall during the post-game of the previous game, when she had done back to back 30 point games, it being mentioned that she was only the second UConn player to do that, and nobody had ever done three in a row.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I thought that was the announcers making the mistake since all they did was talk nonsensically. As I complained about in the last DePaul game, it seems as though they think they have to fill in the action because the women's game isn't engaging enough. I think it is insulting. That was a great and exciting basketball game. We didn't need the constant monologue. I also thought the refereeing was horrendous. They miss all kinds of contact on shots but call every possible moving screen. If you want to call it tight, call it that way 22 feet from the basket but also 2 feet from it as well.
Any game with Dee Kanter will be called bad. I replayed the last shot at half frame by frame there were zeros on the clock when the ball was still at her waist.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is this team needs to be led by the frosh going forward. it’s not the norm in college basketball, but it gives them their best shot to win.

The juniors very good complementary players who will take turns stepping up, but if this team wants to win a title, it will be led by it’s freshmen.
As I said in the game thread, this is Paige's team. It will go as far as she and the other freshman take them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom