Saylor Poffenbarger St. John's Pregrame Availability | The Boneyard

Saylor Poffenbarger St. John's Pregrame Availability

Reaction Score
Gee, give us all a break. This 'Very Young Lady' is still essentially a High School kid, who is getting her first big time Collegiate Press exposure and was probably nervous as anything. These Student Athletes are not expected to be all "Rebecca Lobo's" on the microphone.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Gee, give us all a break. This 'Very Young Lady' is still essentially a High School kid, who is getting her first big time Collegiate Press exposure and was probably nervous as anything. These Student Athletes are not expected to be all "Rebecca Lobo's" on the microphone.
I was not being critical of her and apologize to anyone that thinks I was. I found it to be kinda down to earth and how alot of 17 or 18 year olds probably talk.
I put it in the thread title to align with my OP.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
File away a mental video of that interview and then compare it to a Saylor interview in say 2 or 3 years, and you will understand just what UConn WBB means to these kids, not only on the court, but in terms of their personal growth and development as young women.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
File away a mental video of that interview and then compare it to a Saylor interview in say 2 or 3 years, and you will understand just what UConn WBB means to these kids, not only on the court, but in terms of their personal growth and development as young women.
I was not trying to be mean or critical, it was a failed attempt at humor.
I have edited the thread title.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I was not trying to be mean or critical, it was a failed attempt at humor.
I have edited the thread title.
No problem. I was not being critical of you. I think Saylor is a delightful young lady. My point is simply that she will grow tremendously at UConn, and that’s a good thing.

I think back to how shy someone like Crystal Dangerfield was as a freshman and compare that to the mature, articulate young lady she became as a senior.

Reaction Score
Its a new world. The GenZ generation have literally taken down big hedge funds on Wall Street. They have a voice at a very young age. Its OK if the freshman or "pre-freshman" lead the team if they have the talent. Geno seems fine with it.

Reaction Score
I’m so impressed by Saylor. It‘s badass enough to simply have the confidence and courage to commit to UConn Women’s basketball. Then to decide to start early and enter that situation alone, mid-stream, rather than at the usual time with the safety net of the rest of her classmates. And then to calmly participate in a press conference streamed to countless hundreds or thousands of strangers. To top it off she name drops Maya Moore! And oh yeah, she launched three three’s in her first minute on the court. Ahhh to have that confidence at age 17/18! ?. I’ll be rooting for her.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
She seems like a nice young woman. Very authentic. I give her a lot of credit for handling all that she is facing as well as she appears to be doing. You come up in the middle of the season, get put in a quarantine dorm, have to jump in with college classes - business, not easy - and try to adapt to college ball at UConn. Away from home in the middle of a pandemic. Nothing is easy about what she is doing.

One could be overwhelmed or intimidated with all that at a very young age. I don’t see any of that with her. Speaks to her character and to the kind of players Geno recruits. She will fit in well.

By the way, how about we all chip in and buy that guy a new phone system? Yeesh.

Reaction Score
Like, personally, I really like, well, like you know, hearing kids of this age talk these days. Its like if they were like deprived of the use of a certain word in the lexicon, they’d like be rendered like mute! But, like still, how can one not like her?

Reaction Score
I have a question that I'm sure been answered on another thread. Does Saylor early enrollment change the recruiting rankings? Same goes for Olivia Miles. For the Maryland's men basketball team, they had an early enrollment as well.

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Very disappointed with the snark and criticism on this board towards a 17 year old's communication skills. Can you imagine for a moment how nerve racking it is to be thrown into a video chat with multiple members of the media in a new environment? The lack of empathy is stunning.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Like, personally, I really like, well, like you know, hearing kids of this age talk these days. Its like if they were like deprived of the use of a certain word in the lexicon, they’d like be rendered like mute! But, like still, how can one not like her?
Good time to insert an emoji

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What's your take on Jamelle Elliot? Do not answer that question. Ditto Geno on the days he uh, uh, uhs. It's all irrelevant. Meeting a diction standard won't increase your field goal percentage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom