Sanogo was 3-11 against Gonzaga | The Boneyard

Sanogo was 3-11 against Gonzaga

Reaction Score
It hasn't been discussed much because we won by a thousand points. But that might have been his worse shooting game of the year.

Although it hasn't been much noticed, I'm sure Adama noticed. He has the rep as a very prideful dude. I suspect he will work very hard to have a better offensive game versus Miami. I look for him to be quite motivated.

Reaction Score
Watson bodied him up pretty well. He wasn't able to push in and good position on his moves. The same thing that worries me about Miami center. The Miami center is only 1 inch smaller than Watson and bigger. It will be interesting. Hopefully Sanogo is ready as we will need him to score.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
May have been his best offensive game despite that due to his role as “point center” he stuffed the stat sheet.
It's amazing how he has improved his passing since the early season. Heck, he didn't know that he was allowed to give up the ball to another teamate back then. Great progress by Adama. Also props to the coaching staff making AJ available to receive those passes when he is doubled.

Reaction Score
Watson bodied him up pretty well. He wasn't able to push in and good position on his moves. The same thing that worries me about Miami center. The Miami center is only 1 inch smaller than Watson and bigger. It will be interesting. Hopefully Sanogo is ready as we will need him to score.
Watson is a very good defender and they threw a ton of help at Adama. If Miami lets him go 1v1 he’ll eat. His footwork is too crisp and Omier can get in foul trouble. If they try to help he’ll evidently find the open man.

Reaction Score
Watson is a very good defender and they threw a ton of help at Adama. If Miami lets him go 1v1 he’ll eat. His footwork is too crisp and Omier can get in foul trouble. If they try to help he’ll evidently find the open man.
We will see. I still think it could be a trouble. I think Miami is next to us is playing the best ball of the tournament so it will be a tough game unless we can smash them when they go on shooting slump.

Reaction Score
Adama missed three or four shots he normally makes but had a couple rim out and a few others he front rimmed. He also missed a three point attempt when the game was already well in hand and had a layup wiped out on a questionable travel call.

All in all a tough shooting night for a 60 percent shooter. But that happens and it’s not likely to happen again this weekend. Also, not a bad time for it to happen when the scoring load was spread around.

Still, Adama had 10 points and 10 rebounds and a career high 6 assists. He was 4-4 from the free throw line. He also was really good on the defensive end. So even though the shots weren’t falling Adama still finds a way to help his team win.

Most thought going in if Adama played Timme evenly UConn would win. Timme finished with 12, 10 and 4. Game. (We just all thought both would have scored more points)

Saturday’s matchup favors Adama and he is likely to revert back to his efficient self and it would not surprise me to see him score 20+

Reaction Score
The kid didn’t eat or drink for a whole day. There is no way you perform at a high level like that. He’ll be banging just fine on Sat.

Reaction Score
We will see. I still think it could be a trouble. I think Miami is next to us is playing the best ball of the tournament so it will be a tough game unless we can smash them when they go on shooting slump.
Oh it’s a tough game regardless. Every team left is playing great ball. Just don’t think there’s much to worry about on the Adama front.

Reaction Score
Yes, he missed more shots than normal, but in just about every other way he had a good game. Rebounded well, was much more active defensively, and suddenly had a career high in assists. If he continues to pass well out of double teams he is a nightmare to defend.

Reaction Score
Yep he didn’t get the ball deep enough in the Zags game. They did a nice job pushing him out away from the basket. And truth is when he backs in more than 2 dribbles it’s rarely a positive finish.

Need to get him the ball deeper for a dribble or 2 to his footwork and finish. He’ll be fine.

pj

Reaction Score
The game starts after sunset.

You don't play as well immediately after eating, but yes, he should play better than eating at halftime.

Reaction Score
I have a hunch someone off our bench will have a huge game. Always happens during this time of year. Joey C, Naheim, Clingan prime candidates.

Our depth will shine once again!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It hasn't been discussed much because we won by a thousand points. But that might have been his worse shooting game of the year.

Although it hasn't been much noticed, I'm sure Adama noticed. He has the rep as a very prideful dude. I suspect he will work very hard to have a better offensive game versus Miami. I look for him to be quite motivated.
Best passing game of the year, 10 Rebounds, 6 Assists, 1 block, only 1 TO, and contributed mightily to a suffocating team defense of the most efficient offensive team in the country.

I'm sure he is prideful, and he should be very proud of his performance.

Reaction Score
The kid didn’t eat or drink for a whole day. There is no way you perform at a high level like that. He’ll be banging just fine on Sat.
It is still Ramadan on Saturday and the game starts 10 minutes after sunset local time there so what will have changed?

Reaction Score
It's terrific that he's learned to be a willing and capable passer. We're going to need that, especially with Omier's ability to body up and their guards' tendency to fall asleep on D.

What we can't have is forcing it into him on post-ups and him going 6-15. It seems like we're long past that sort of game, so hopefully if Hurley sees him struggling, we pivot to other ways to attack the rim.

Reaction Score
It's terrific that he's learned to be a willing and capable passer. We're going to need that, especially with Omier's ability to body up and their guards' tendency to fall asleep on D.

What we can't have is forcing it into him on post-ups and him going 6-15. It seems like we're long past that sort of game, so hopefully if Hurley sees him struggling, we pivot to other ways to attack the rim.
This exactly. It can't be an ego thing where he feels compelled to overpower Omier, which incredibly difficult. Remember the game in Omaha? Sanogo was scoring against Kalkbrenner and Kalkbrenner tried to return the favor by scoring on Sanogo and not only did Kalkbrenner fail it was taking Creighton out of the flow of their offense. UConn can't do that.

I can see Larranaga packing the paint to neutralize Sanogo and Clingan and daring UConn to hit 3s. The shooters for UConn need to have that aggressive scorers mentality if that happens. Don't get the case of the yips and don't lose confidence if a few are misses.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This exactly. It can't be an ego thing where he feels compelled to overpower Omier, which incredibly difficult. Remember the game in Omaha? Sanogo was scoring against Kalkbrenner and Kalkbrenner tried to return the favor by scoring on Sanogo and not only did Kalkbrenner fail it was taking Creighton out of the flow of their offense. UConn can't do that.

I can see Larranaga packing the paint to neutralize Sanogo and Clingan and daring UConn to hit 3s. The shooters for UConn need to have that aggressive scorers mentality if that happens. Don't get the case of the yips and don't lose confidence if a few are misses.
Sanogo has an ego?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom