Sanogo wants more PT | The Boneyard

Sanogo wants more PT

Reaction Score
He should feel that way today. And maybe 1 or 2 other games. But today was egregious.

We don't speculate about transfers here. Jusr say I'd understand if he did but hope he sticks around.

Hurley needs to shape up or lose his team.

Reaction Score
He should feel that way today. And maybe 1 or 2 other games. But today was egregious.

We don't speculate about transfers here. Jusr say I'd understand if he did but hope he sticks around.

Hurley needs to shape up or lose his team.
Not speculating. Just stating that when your best player is saying he feels he should be on the floor, that is not a good sign. Who wants to play 10 minutes a game when you are the only unstoppable player on the court?

Reaction Score
This needs to be nipped in the bud before it becomes an issue. Not a great look that we just had a big guy transfer out because of lack of playing time, now another one is complaining about the same thing. I keep saying that its a good thing we don’t play again until Saturday. The entire team and staff needs the break mentally for than anything at this point.

Reaction Score
Transfer could be more likely if the NCAA passes the waiver exemption, as they’re expected to do so.

Reaction Score
This needs to be nipped in the bud before it becomes an issue. Not a great look that we just had a big guy transfer out because of lack of playing time, now another one is complaining about the same thing. I keep saying that its a good thing we don’t play again until Saturday. The entire team and staff needs the break mentally for than anything at this point.
This is false and has been said over and over again here. Javonte didn't transfer because of lack of playing time, he transferred because the coach who recruited him left and he went to a school to play for coaches he was more comfortable with

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score

Honestly I don't think its crazy to think he may transfer out if Hurley insists on never playing him. Our best big in a decade and Hurley is blowing it

I understand the worry, but you're building a bridge to nowhere. In the grand scheme of things in a 2-3 year career, this will be a blip.

Well adjusted people don't even think about jumping ship on a program, especially one on the rise and Hurley has stated that AS is a "program changing" player, over something like today. The events of today are mystifying, but AS isn't going anywhere.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I understand the worry, but you're building a bridge to nowhere. In the grand scheme of things in a 2-3 year career, this will be a blip.

Well adjusted people don't even think about jumping ship on a program, especially one on the rise and Hurley has stated that AS is a "program changing" player, over something like today. It was mystifying, but AS isn't going anywhere.

WRONG. Sanogo is not a moron. He sees that Hurley has a huge bias towards guards, and will play backup guards over good big men. Why would any forward play for a coach that does that?

Reaction Score

Well adjusted people don't even think about jumping ship on a program, especially one on the rise and Hurley has stated that AS is a "program changing" player, over something like today. The events of today are mystifying, but AS isn't going anywhere.
Not saying he is going anywhere, just saying that reasons like today are why players like Sanogo could want to leave. And this is not a one-off. Hurley has done this every single game with Sanogo. He never plays in the 2nd half beyond the U12 mark

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not saying he is going anywhere, just saying that reasons like today are why players like Sanogo could want to leave. And this is not a one-off. Hurley has done this every single game with Sanogo. He never plays in the 2nd half beyond the U12 mark

Carlton, Whaley and Sanogo have all played well this season, and they were splitting one spot for most of the year. We already had a center transfer, and it wasn't like he transferred to New Hampshire. He got a major conference offer immediately. But hey, let's play 5 guards and see how many forwards want to come to UConn.

Reaction Score
Great, so no one on this team understands that at UConn, you make other teams adjust to you. Not the other way around.
This all leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Hurley has been great running this program in terms of recruiting, defensive intensity and culture but you can't talk a big game and then let an inferior team dictate how you play. Who cares that St. John's played a lot of guards, we're way bigger and better down low than them. They play small, you pound it down low every single time and you absolutely don't take out your best low post scorer. He's created an issue here for no reason.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This all leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Hurley has been great running this program in terms of recruiting, defensive intensity and culture but you can't talk a big game and then let an inferior team dictate how you play. Who cares that St. John's played a lot of guards, we're way bigger and better down low than them. They play small, you pound it down low every single time and you absolutely don't take out your best low post scorer. He's created an issue here for no reason.

Can you imagine Calhoun pulling Okafor because the 4th worst team in the conference went with 5 guards?

Gutter King

Reaction Score
WRONG. Sanogo is not a moron. He sees that Hurley has a huge bias towards guards, and will play backup guards over good big men. Why would any forward play for a coach that does that?
I should have qualified my post.

I believe that Hurley will change the approach on how he handles him moving forward. If today is a pattern, then yes, there's definite reason for concern.

With Bouk out (even with him in) we need to work inside out. Next game the guards need to relentlessly feed it to Sanogo from the tip.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine Calhoun pulling Okafor because the 4th worst team in the conference went with 5 guards?
Of course not. The strength of this team is bigs especially now with Bouknight out. He isn't going big and he's now pissed off the most talented offensive big we've had in probably a decade all while trying to recruit one of the best bigs the state has probably ever produced.

Gutter King

Reaction Score
This right here is the main take away for me as well. This is the exact opposite of the toughness he preaches. Mixed message for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom