Sanogo out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sanogo out

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It’s a net negative no matter how you slice it. Sure there’s some positives in that guys who clearly want minutes are going to get them, and they will develop, but we’re objectively a worse team without Sanogo (and Martin) and if/when they do eventually come back they’ll still need time to get into the rhythm.

Reaction Score
All hands on deck...sounds like lots of guys will get a chance in December to show what they can do.

Reaction Score
We can finally play 4 out with some regularity and Whaley back in a rim running role where he historically played his best offensively (dunk the damn ball mode). 3 point shooting will become make or break which is scary, but already has been the story for us this year anyway. Hawkins seems like the likely break out candidate, but high ceiling guys like Jackson and Akok will also get their chances too.

Soul searching season begins

Whaley balled out at the 5 a few years ago. I believe our sucess the next month comes down to Akok. Its now or never for him.

Reaction Score
This is why it sucks Hurley slow plays it with the freshmen. Now they will be thrown into big minutes having not already played against any real competition.
Counterpoint: put yourself in the shoes of the coach - you have to get your top 8/9 guys ready to play the iron of the schedule by playing around/over 30 minutes in the first half dozen or more games (against the good, the bad, and the ugly). You ease in the freshman so they don't get exposed and lose confidence and get them ready for when the injuries hit or their actual play warrants more minutes. That time is now because of injuries, so we'll all see how ready they actually are. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Damn. Hard to know how bad this is without knowing the full extent of the injury. Gonna be tough to deal with both of these injuries at the same time.

Hoping we'll only miss both players for the next three games - vs. Grambling, @ WV, neutral vs. Bonavenutre. The Bonnies have a real significant injury too so at least that game is gonna be equally tough for both teams. @WV will be a real challenge.

Hope we can get Adama back at full strength soon. Nice to have options to replace his minutes though. Whaley is clearly best at the 5 as well too, so that should help.

Reaction Score
"Three weeks is probably the absolute minimum, but I don’t think you’ll probably see him for longer than that."

Someone interpret this?
probably over a month...

Reaction Score
Damn, now this is where we can show case our depth. We have a 4 star top 50 recruit that will now be stepping in and getting some quality minutes alongside Whaley and Akok. It’ll be hard to replace Sanogo’s production but not a bad situation tbh

Reaction Score
This s no shock I was hoping it was nothing but
Hurley mentioned in his press conference
That Sonogo had a lower abdominal issue. Possibly a hernia and was taken out for precaution. That explains the atmosphere at the presser.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
"Three weeks is probably the absolute minimum, but I don’t think you’ll probably see him for longer than that."

Someone interpret this?
yes.
%!backinjury?!#@wtf!?&#backinjury#%&!!?whoknows?!@@*#!
ur welcome.
ooops. looks like it is a 'lower abdominal injury.' whew, that was close.
nevermind. stitch that thing, or let it heal, chillax a bit, hit the situps, and see u when we see u. get well soon adama. looks like video are the only games he'll be playing for a bit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If 2 of our 3 best players are out well into Big East season then the ability to make the tourney starts to come into play. If it's 2 to 3 weeks for both, ok. If they are soft selling this and they are out for a month and a half, I have serious reservations. We have trouble scoring when we are whole. Cole has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Reaction Score
Adversity builds character. With luck, this will make us a better team. Just hope the lessons are not too painful.

Reaction Score

Someone interpret this?
Three weeks at best to return, but probably he won't return until after 3 weeks with no outside return date being guessed at. The doctors would know the range for sure.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
this will benefit us in the long run, time to start laying the foundation for 2023.

cole---digg
hawk--gaff
aj------polley
akok---samson
whaley-springs
The starters will be, I think, Cole-Hawkins-Jackson-Polley-Whaley. And I'm hoping Diggins and Johnson get more than a cameo. They need some first half time, and not only with other backups

Reaction Score
Maybe Danny will actually start pressing now like said. This will allow us to play though other players and not have a black hole on the interior.

Kids will need to develop some toughness. I like when Danny has to get outside of his comfort zone. It’s good for him as a coach.

Speedy recovery adama!

Reaction Score
The starters will be, I think, Cole-Hawkins-Jackson-Polley-Whaley. And I'm hoping Diggins and Samson get more than a cameo. They need some first half time, and not only with other backups
that seems too extreme a departure from hurley's defense first rebounding and shot blocking identity. with hawk and akok in the lineup we're already able to stretch the floor a lot more than we could with martin and sanogo but adding polley at the 4 just makes us so soft. this all hinges on akok of course but i'm not giving up on him yet.

Reaction Score
Listening to the actual Hurley interview he sounded pretty deflated. That's also his general tone, but it doesn't give me much optimism for an encouraging timeline

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom