Sanogo Feat | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sanogo Feat

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
6 blocks, man he was a beast tonight - too bad he wasn't hitting his % on FTs, would have saved us all the stress of OT but no doubt he was on fire everywhere else. I think he passed out of at least 3 bad situations and had 2 assists as well.
The assist on Whaley's dunk was beautiful and something Adama likely wouldn't have done in December. Appears that Hurley is getting through to him on options.

Reaction Score
Only one critique: 6/11 from the charity stripe, although he did make both when it counted the most.

Poe

Reaction Score
Felt like watching Emeka again... amazing
I was thinking the same thing last night. I didn’t think he would be this good this season, but he put in the work in the summer and it shows. He’s playing like a veteran senior. Unfortunately there’s really no place on the NBA for players line him, so I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

Reaction Score

His answers certainly say how much he wants to keep learning the game and that he listens to Hurley and the coaches.
He mentions often that Hurley and the coaches tell him to do this or do that and he works on doing those things. He’s confident, works out on his own and he wants the ball.

It was a good coaching plan to have the offense run through Adama this year.

Reaction Score
NBA doesn't have a place for 6'8 earthbound, traditional bigs any more. The kid is a hell of player and will Mke a living playing this game, but it won't be in the league.

I'd love to be proven wrong.
While not a high flyer he didn’t look earthbound last night. One thing that doesn’t get mentioned is Adama has amazing endurance for someone his size. Sanogo is proving to be the best big in the BE. I’m looking forward to his matchup with Watson.

Reaction Score
The assist on Whaley's dunk was beautiful and something Adama likely wouldn't have done in December. Appears that Hurley is getting through to him on options.
So Hurley is not a “useless” coach that deserves to be fired every time UCONN looses or gets into a tight game as some here say?

PS ok he is not a Calhoun or coach Szewszewski but ………WTH!

Reaction Score
While not a high flyer he didn’t look earthbound last night. One thing that doesn’t get mentioned is Adama has amazing endurance for someone his size. Sanogo is proving to be the best big in the BE. I’m looking forward to his matchup with Watson.

IMO he's in a class of his own as a big in the BE. As a SOPHOMORE. A sophomore the age of most freshman, actually. I'm a little biased... but I'm sticking to it.

Reaction Score
What a big pick-up he was late last summer, just when people were beginning to doubt Hurley's ability to reel in a big in he brings in one that has been able to contribute from the get-go. I'm not looking past this year, but taking advantage of this kid's talent next year is going to be crucial. Next year has to be a top ten squad.

Reaction Score
This off-season (if he comes back which I’m optimistic he will) is going to be interesting.

Expanding his jumper out to the 3 point line will be imperative. But it is also hard to take someone so efficient near the basket, out to the 3 point line.

Was really impressed with his awareness & passing today.

Last play of regulation was trash. That was simply Adama making a play
i haven't seen the replay, but you got martin with a semi-open look at the rim, and adama in position (with enough time) for an offensive rebound put-back. there were four seconds on the clock. not sure how that qualifies as a "trash" play.

the andre jackson inbounds the play before, however...

Reaction Score
Crazy to think that only started playing a few years ago. Sky’s the limit for him

Reaction Score
NBA doesn't have a place for 6'8 earthbound, traditional bigs any more. The kid is a hell of player and will Mke a living playing this game, but it won't be in the league.

I'd love to be proven wrong.
Montrezl Harrell says otherwise. They are the exact same type of player

Reaction Score

Appreciate the enthusiasm for our guys... but no, not at all man. Harrell has defensive versatility, speed and perimeter skill that Sanogo isn't sniffing.

Some of the hot takes on here somehow are making it necessary for me to put down a super talented players of ours. Good grief.

Reaction Score

Just look at this video man. They're both 6'8 and beefy and don't shoot 3s, but the similarities don't really go much farther than that. They were both friggin awesome college players. They just don't have much similarity in their playstyle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Appreciate the enthusiasm for our guys... but no, not at all man. Harrell has defensive versatility, speed and perimeter skill that Sanogo isn't sniffing.

Some of the hot takes on here somehow are making it necessary for me to put down a super talented players of ours. Good grief.
@aburks41s gonna @aburks41

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It's a shame that Saturday is cancelled, because he had a good shot at conference player of the week. Maybe he still gets it...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom