Sanogo Feat | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sanogo Feat

Reaction Score
Sanogo does not move his feet well laterally. It's probably his biggest weakness as a player. It's basically the only reason he gets in foul trouble.

Agree on everything else though.
I feel he’s made a lot of improvement here. not at nba level but so much better than last season.

Reaction Score
NBA doesn't have a place for 6'8 earthbound, traditional bigs any more. The kid is a hell of player and will Mke a living playing this game, but it won't be in the league.

I'd love to be proven wrong.
And that is beyond sad. I loved the NBA back in the 80s through 2010 or so but hate the current game. Steph’s dominance forever changed the game and not in a good way in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Given Sanogo's touch, I have no doubt that he will develop a perimeter game. He is more athletic than some people think. Plus he is so focused and works so hard. He will find a way to play in the league, he is simply too good not to.

Look at how much he has improved in the past year. No reason to think his development won't continue. Loved his passing out of double teams last game, it looks like he learned while watching when he was out.

Reaction Score
Given Sanogo's touch, I have no doubt that he will develop a perimeter game. He is more athletic than some people think. Plus he is so focused and works so hard. He will find a way to play in the league, he is simply too good not to.

Look at how much he has improved in the past year. No reason to think his development won't continue. Loved his passing out of double teams last game, it looks like he learned while watching when he was out.
It surprises me that there are some here who don’t think he can do what he needs to become an NBA player, but they are probably the same ones that had Hawkins leaving after this season.

Reaction Score
Came up in the SI mailbag here

I think UConn’s chances of keeping Adama Sanogo for a third season in Storrs are pretty good. Sanogo has been immensely productive in his sophomore campaign, but as a 6’9” non-shooting big man he has more work to do to improve his stock. I think eventually Sanogo will expand his perimeter game, and he’s a terrific interior defender already. But that, combined with dealing with nagging injuries throughout much of this season so far, makes me think Sanogo will likely be back for one more year.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Adama is the man. I have no doubt he's the best tight end on athletic scholarship at UConn right now.

pj

Reaction Score
Adama has similar if not better stats to sophomore college Montrezl Harrell, and doesn't look that much different physically - Adama is a little bigger and a little slower, but both are powerful and well coordinated. Harrell developed his NBA game, good for him. Don't count Adama out. I bet he makes the NBA and has an impact. When was the last time the best player on a ranked UConn team failed to make the NBA?

Reaction Score
Adama is the man. I have no doubt he's the best tight end on athletic scholarship at UConn right now.
And maybe we can turn him into a secondary ballhandler that can bring the ball up past the half court line, hand it off to a guard/wing, and then get into the paint for a post-up. I'm only half-kidding as this is something he'd want/need to do in the NBA one day.

Reaction Score
I think he'll have a solid NBA career. He listens and works hard. He shows a pretty soft touch for a guy his size.

It's funny to say about a guy his size, but he plays with a lot of finesse around the rim I think this by design so he doesn't pick up fouls from refs who don't really know how to call a game with a guy with his unique frame. However, in the NBA, he will have to bang and bully people with his body more underneath the basket.

Also, like many have said, he needs to show a consistent mid-range shot at least and he has to show some passing ability out of the post.

He defintely has the ability though to do this. He just has to keep working.

Reaction Score
Adama has similar if not better stats to sophomore college Montrezl Harrell, and doesn't look that much different physically - Adama is a little bigger and a little slower, but both are powerful and well coordinated. Harrell developed his NBA game, good for him. Don't count Adama out. I bet he makes the NBA and has an impact. When was the last time the best player on a ranked UConn team failed to make the NBA?
I’m not saying Sanogo can’t make the NBA, I’m just answering your specific question. The 2015-2016 team was ranked for five weeks and received votes many other weeks, and none of those players had meaningful NBA careers.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I’m not saying Sanogo can’t make the NBA, I’m just answering your specific question. The 2015-2016 team was ranked for five weeks and received votes many other weeks, and none of those players had meaningful NBA careers.
That team was an underachieving mess. They lost 10 games, received a poor seed and got bounced from the Tourney in short order due to their seeding and tough matchups. Daniel Hamilton essentially played PG by default. Outside of Shabazz, I don't think anybody from the Ollie era had a meaningful NBA career.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I suppose because of the body type similarities, I thought Wes Unseld (without the outlet pass instinct) would be a good comparison for him.
But while we're raving about the game Adama just had, Unseld averaged 20 points & 19 boards for his 3 years at Louisville. Then won the NBA ROY and MVP in the same season when he went to the league. So the comparison isn't even close. But still, I wish he could sit down and watch game tapes of Wes, to see how a 6-7, 245 pound center can dominate in this game. And mostly, to pick up that outlet pass!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know nothing of the NBA, past or present, but I see other posters saying that the game has changed a lot over recent years. Okafor got drafted in 2004, 18 years ago.
Ouch… It really doesn’t seem like 18 years ago.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Something else to note - he played the most minutes (40) in a high-tempo game and didn't look gassed out. Bear in mind he hustles down court a lot for big and I find his stamina impressive, maybe like his footwork something his soccer background helped with? Will be a huge boon as the games stack up near the end of the season and endurance becomes a major factor.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Something else to note - he played the most minutes (40) in a high-tempo game and didn't look gassed out. Bear in mind he hustles down court a lot for big and I find his stamina impressive, maybe like his footwork something his soccer background helped with? Will be a huge boon as the games stack up near the end of the season and endurance becomes a major factor.
2 games in 2 days coming up will be a test of everyone's endurance. I like our odds in that department.

Reaction Score
2 games in 2 days coming up will be a test of everyone's endurance. I like our odds in that department.

Probably a good time to lengthen the bench. But our second unit has been pretty useless. So the best thing to do would be a blowout win in the first game so the starters get little rest. But I wouldn't count on it.

Reaction Score
His sudden need to get every rebound is impressive and I hope it continues. He was only a decent rebounder until the last couple games he’s increased his aggressiveness to get them all. Lucky Dan made that recruiting upset happen.

Reaction Score
His sudden need to get every rebound is impressive and I hope it continues. He was only a decent rebounder until the last couple games he’s increased his aggressiveness to get them all. Lucky Dan made that recruiting upset happen.
Even with a line of 26, 18 and 6, the thing that made me by far the happiest was the beautiful pass he made out of a double team, leading to an easy bucket!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom