Saniya's latest | The Boneyard

Saniya's latest

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I finally got a chance to watch Friday's game between the Wings and Lynx, which the Lynx won by 2. Saniya again looked quite good -- 12 minutes, 3 points on 1 of 2 shooting (the second was a prayer at the shot-clock buzzer), 1 rebound, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, no turnovers. Her +8 was second to Kaela Davis. She played really well in the first but only for 3-4 minutes. The Wings looked rudderless for extended periods, but not when she was on the floor.

The combo of Saniya, Skylar, Allisha Gray, Glory Johnson, plus either Davis or Karima Christmas looks really good. Very quick and athletic. The Wings have a lot of talent, and I think they can be really good once they learn to play together a little better and get fully healthy.

Reaction Score
I finally got a chance to watch Friday's game

The combo of Saniya, Skylar, Allisha Gray, Glory Johnson, plus either Davis or Karima Christmas looks really good. Very quick and athletic... and I think they can be really good once they learn to play together a little better and get fully healthy.

But can they be really really good?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I finally got a chance to watch Friday's game between the Wings and Lynx, which the Lynx won by 2. Saniya again looked quite good -- 12 minutes, 3 points on 1 of 2 shooting (the second was a prayer at the shot-clock buzzer), 1 rebound, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, no turnovers. Her +8 was second to Kaela Davis. She played really well in the first but only for 3-4 minutes. The Wings looked rudderless for extended periods, but not when she was on the floor.

The combo of Saniya, Skylar, Allisha Gray, Glory Johnson, plus either Davis or Karima Christmas looks really good. Very quick and athletic. The Wings have a lot of talent, and I think they can be really good once they learn to play together a little better and get fully healthy.
Not that I would know, really, watching her in this game I was impressed by how fundamentally sound she looks. She knows how to play the game.

Now if she can just splash a few threes.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I agree, Gus -- I was surprised that when they were absolutely falling apart, the head coach didn't put her in to calm things down. And she passed up at least one wide-open three. She's gotta take those.

Reaction Score
Chong played good defense in this game. I wish she would be a bit more aggressive on offense

Reaction Score
But can they be really really good?

Wait until Elizabeth Cambage joins the team next season. I wonder if she could be talked into a half season this year.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Chong played good defense in this game. I wish she would be a bit more aggressive on offense

She's mirroring her play over the last part of her final season with UConn.

It's the coaches responsibility to get her in the right frame of mind to become more of a contributor on offense. Perhaps they've noticed this and are waiting a bit to see her become more comfortable before asking her to assume that role.

If she eventually plays a greater role on the offense and maintains her defensive effort she can look forward to a long pro career...perhaps with some lucrative overseas play sprinkled in.

I certainly wish her well.

Reaction Score

Where can you watch the WNBA replay videos? Thanks ...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Where can you watch the WNBA replay videos? Thanks ...

I got the WNBA League Pass. Every game is archived online; I think it's about $16.

Reaction Score
She's mirroring her play over the last part of her final season with UConn.

It's the coaches responsibility to get her in the right frame of mind to become more of a contributor on offense. Perhaps they've noticed this and are waiting a bit to see her become more comfortable before asking her to assume that role.

If she eventually plays a greater role on the offense and maintains her defensive effort she can look forward to a long pro career...perhaps with some lucrative overseas play sprinkled in.

I certainly wish her well.

Give her a chance to get adjusted to the team. She's a rookie.

Reaction Score
I was very pleased when she agressively went after a rebound soon after going in the game. If she matures and understands she has to go after it all the time she could be a great player.... She should spend time chatting with Chris Sale of the Red Sox. :)... Learn to switch it on when it's gametime... Actually, I believe some young people don't really get this till later. It happened to me actually.

Reaction Score
Apropos of UConn alumnae, do you think there is any chance of Kelly Faris's catching on with another WNBA team now that there have been some injuries? I think even the Sun have experienced a major injury since the start of the season.

Could Faris make a comeback?

Reaction Score
At end of third quarter Dallas is down by 8. Saniya has played 10 min, leads both teams with 5 assists. Only 1 T/O. She was +9 after 3 and is now +13 a couple min into the 4th, both by far the best on the wings.

Reaction Score
Wings win 94-82. Saniya played 19 min. +29!. 5 pts, 6 assists, good D. 1 T/O. Really happy for her. The Wings have been outplayed in the first quarter of all 3 of their games. Then play well thereafter. I think this bodes well for the team and Ms. Chong.

Reaction Score
Saniya and Skylar on the floor together really clicked, the Wings outscored the Stars 33-13 in the 4th quarter. That was fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Saniya and Skylar on the floor together really clicked, the Wings outscored the Stars 33-13 in the 4th quarter. That was fun to watch.

Sometimes Diggins-Smith is better off the ball, they should look in to playing her and Chong together more, also Saniya was +29 in only 20 minutes of play. Loved seeing her step up and hit a big 3

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom