2021 Recruiting: - Samson Johnson | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Samson Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I like this kid. He will be a prototypical stretch 4. Great length, you see the athleticism, and still trying to gain his sea- legd. When this kid rounds out, he's going to be tough.

Reaction Score

Sounds like a classic recruiting battle between Cuse and Big East schools.

Reaction Score

It's just one game, but I see a guy who is a smart rim protector (knows how to block while maintaining possession), not afraid to go inside and is well respected from the perimeter.

That's a good combination for a matchup nightmare.

Reaction Score
When I've watched him in the past he has shot and made a couple of threes each game, but he is more of a role player than a difference maker on a team. Sort of like a Polley, with the exception of his last game. My interest in Samson would depend on whether we have other impact front court guys to help him based on other 2021 recruiting. Obviously he plays with Sanogo now, so he can just fill the role he is good at. On his own he is Polley, or Armstrong, which isn't bad, but you still need the key piece.

Reaction Score

NR on 247 and #135 on rivals but based on his offers i'm sure he'll end up a 4*

assuming akok comes back we're going to have a lot of competition for minutes at PF/C in 2021 (akok, springs, brown) and 2022 (springs, brown, clingan?).

if he wants to get drafted quickly he wont wanna wait until he's a junior to start

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He'll need time to fill out his body for the next level. I'd bet he's a 2 year player, longer if perimeter skill need more seasoning.

But he's definitely bouncy and has great timing on blocks and lobs.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Athleticism reminicent of Brimah. Looks a little stronger at this stage of his career. Also, in what I see here better hands and more awareness. Love the shot-blocking and he can get up there! I especially liked the block/steal combination where he just rips the ball from the opponents hands.

Reaction Score

NR on 247 and #135 on rivals but based on his offers i'm sure he'll end up a 4*

assuming akok comes back we're going to have a lot of competition for minutes at PF/C in 2021 (akok, springs, brown) and 2022 (springs, brown, clingan?).

if he wants to get drafted quickly he wont wanna wait until he's a junior to start

He likes UConn but is looking to go to the next level quickly.

I had to laugh at that. Don't they all want to get to the next level quickly?! If a somewhat raw player like this thinks he's going to the NBA quickly, I got news for him - it's harder than he thinks.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Athleticism reminicent of Brimah. Looks a little stronger at this stage of his career. Also, in what I see here better hands and more awareness. Love the shot-blocking and he can get up there! I especially liked the block/steal combination where he just rips the ball from the opponents hands.
Akok is his comp. Very similar players.

Reaction Score
Akok is his comp. Very similar players.
agreed.
in 2021 johnson would have to come off the bench behind akok.
in 2022 springs and brown will be juniors so i'd expect both to start. once again johnson would have to come off the bench.

hopefully johnson's ok with the idea of blowing up as a junior and then getting drafted

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We were on him very very early. St. Patrick’s becoming the Montverde of the north should really help us. Seems like we have a great relationship with them.
Long way to go for that but it does seem like it will be a beneficial relationship for us.

Reaction Score
From what I saw watching Sanogo games, he's built a lot like Akok. Less of a shot blocker. Better looking shot. Otherwise ki d of offensively limited. Both are great athletes, run the floor well.

Johnson is a guy you take for potential. He isn't quite there yet, but could end up in the NBA if the pieces click and his shot keeps improving. IMO his ceiling is highee than, say, Sanogo.. but he isn't as talented right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom