2021 Recruiting: - Samson Johnson to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Samson Johnson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
247 gives a lot more weight to bigger classes-
I'm sure there is some kinda algorithm, weighting, or scoring system for the class rankings. I looked and can't find anything on how the scoring works. Do you or anyone have a cheat sheet for this? I am intrigued.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there is some kinda algorithm, weighting, or scoring system for the class rankings. I looked and can't find anything on how the scoring works. Do you or anyone have a cheat sheet for this? I am intrigued.
nope it's a secret as far as i can tell

C

Chief00

To the doubters and critics out there, even those who come from our own football board, it’s working. Yes, it is sweet. The results speak for themselves. It’s not as easy as it looks to our beloved Casual Fans, who just see all the rapid committments, but not The Grind behind it. Everything is earned.
We are in a good place, but not a complacent place. Success is building on success, as it should. Chief congratulates our wonderful coaching staff. The “Word” is out on the “Street”.
Next, let’s continue all facets of The Grind:

#TheStorrsGrind - BoyzToMen
#UConnIsBack
#PlayTheSeason

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
1597132685046.jpeg

Looks like the staff has a satellite office set up near me.

C

Chief00

View attachment 57544
Looks like the staff has a satellite office set up near me.
That office is great! Here comes all the beaten down Cuse fans with their conspiracy theories accusing Chief of violating whatever NCAA rules with that mysterious office. Where’s Boeheim’s Daily Grind office? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I actually want to know what @polycom thinks?

its pretty obvious that this kid will a project but he has played the highest level talent and played solid against it. The question will be what is his work ethic and does he have strong genetics to transform his body, we don’t know about that yet. @Huskyforlife

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who are we going after next for 2021, the staff has gotta be recruiting like at least one player goes pro.

Reaction Score
Am I getting overly excited if this class reminds me of the year when Calhoun had the class with Donyell and Donny?

Reaction Score
Am I getting overly excited if this class reminds me of the year when Calhoun had the class with Donyell and Donny?
[/QUOTEDonyell was rated # 8 and Fair was in the 30's I believe. I agree this class is great but not quite as high as Donyell's class.

Reaction Score
Given the current ratings of our guys, as other schools fill out their classes we can expect ours to be ranked in the 18-22 range going off prior years. Very good class.

Reaction Score
Nobody, the class is full
There have been multiple articles where the beat reporters (and I believe even Hurley) have said this will be a 4 man class. Might not be a HS senior but they'll be filling 1 more spot

Reaction Score
For some reason after the Drummond reclass they dropped him way down in the rankings.

I think it was just so late in the process that they didn't really know what to do. He reclassed like a week before school started, well after the final rankings were in. He was ranked either 1 or 2 in the 2012 class and should at least have been top 5 in 2011, but no rankings ever really reflected that.

Reaction Score
Nobody, the class is full
Sure I guess a grad transfer will make more sense.

does this mean that in 2021, Sanogo will be playing C? With Akok, springs (who I think get some time at the 3), and Samson, we would have a lot PFs but not a lot of true centers

Reaction Score

does this mean that in 2021, Sanogo will be playing C? With Akok, springs (who I think get some time at the 3), and Samson, we would have a lot PFs but not a lot of true centers
We'd have 2 4's (Akok/Johnson), a 4/5 (Springs) and 2 pure 5's (Sanogo/Ferguson). In 2021 basketball that's a full big man rotation

Reaction Score
We'd have 2 4's (Akok/Johnson), a 4/5 (Springs) and 2 pure 5's (Sanogo/Ferguson). In 2021 basketball that's a full big man rotation
I’ve always thought of Sanogo as more of a power forward no?

Reaction Score

youre forgetting Javonte Brown Ferguson

Reaction Score
I’ve always thought of Sanogo as more of a power forward no?
He might play there in small stretches this season just because of how many big men we have, but it's not ideal. Husky429 has been watching the Samson Johnson games and posted this yesterday

Sanogo is an absolute vacuum on the boards, but a terrible, terrible shooter. I have to think he’ll be a traditional center for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom