2021 Recruiting: - Samson Johnson to UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Samson Johnson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
So Hurley was able to get a top 5 recruiting class even though...

He hasn't made the tourney with us yet

Has not had a ranked team with us yet

We haven't played a game in the big East yet

Players are not even allowed to visit the campus

What the bleep is Hurley going to be able once all that happens?

SCARY!

Reaction Score
7'6 wingspan! that's the same as thabeet even though he's 5"shorter :eek:

the one downside about all these guys going pro after 2 years is that hurley is going to have to recruit twice as many players over a 4 year period to keep the roster full as compared to programs that don't send all their guys to the league... oh well nice problem to have.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the one downsize about all these guys going pro after 2 years is that hurley is going to have to recruit twice as many players over a 4 year period to keep the roster full as compared to programs that don't send all their guys to the league... oh well nice problem to have.

It's more like a rolling snowball... momentum will be in our favor, wind at our back....

Reaction Score

SCARY!
Please try to be an optimist.

Nothing wrong with projecting success based on highly regarded recruits, and hopefully, future on campus sports. How many other schools have or are allowed to have, recruits on campus now for recruiting?

Though he hasn't yet made the tourney, remember he might have made at least the building block NIT, had last season continued.

Would you have deprecated Jim Calhoun's recruiting improvements in his earlier years?

We will have to see how things wash out. Would you have preferred 2 star recruits to test out hypothetically Hurley's coaching skills in this upcoming season if it does occur?

Everybody is sour grapes about Covid 19. I would have loved to go back to the beach club I had belonged to since I was a kid. I did not think it worth the risk in a potentially highly populated environment especially since I am in a high risk age group.

Enough things to be bitter about. Coach has worked hard in recruiting and in selling himself and the program.

That is all he can do.

We can try to realistically cope with what we feel comfortable doing or not doing.

No lumps of coal just yet, please.

Reaction Score

Nothing wrong with projecting success based on highly regarded recruits, and hopefully, future on campus sports. How many other schools have or are allowed to have, recruits on campus now for recruiting?

Though he hasn't yet made the tourney, remember he might have made at least the building block NIT, had last season continued.

Would you have deprecated Jim Calhoun's recruiting improvements in his earlier years?

We will have to see how things wash out. Would you have preferred 2 star recruits to test out hypothetically Hurley's coaching skills in this upcoming season if it does occur?

Everybody is sour grapes about Covid 19. I would have loved to go back to the beach club I had belonged to since I was a kid. I did not think it worth the risk in a potentially highly populated environment especially since I am in a high risk age group.

Enough things to be bitter about. Coach has worked hard in recruiting and in selling himself and the program.

That is all he can do.

We can try to realistically cope with what we feel comfortable doing or not doing.

I think you misinterpreted his post by about 180 degrees.

Reaction Score

That is all he can do.

I’m 99.99999% sure he meant this as optimism. Basically, DH has accomplished all these things despite the fact that he can’t pitch making the tourney at UConn, etc.

C

Chief00

I wonder if Calhoun would ever come back...

:D:D
Interesting question - I don’t believe Jim was ever an assistant coach ? Correct me if I am wrong. I just don’t see it.

Reaction Score

That is all he can do.

Re-read his post, because none of what you just said is accurate about what he said

Reaction Score
What's the highest ranked recruiting class we've ever had?

2004 class had to be top ten with Rudy Gay & AJ Price, it was small but with 2 top 20 players, it had to be high ranked. I think Antonio Kellogg was also a top 100 kid.

Also, the 2006 Jerome Dyson, Stanley Robinson, Curtis Kelly, Doug Wiggins, Hasheem Thabeet class had to be high ranked.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This is a great class but if we stay where we are we won't be #4 when all the 5 stars are committed

Reaction Score
As far back as 247 goes it was 2006 at #4, 2003 at #6, then 2008 at #7
Then you have to factor in guys like Drummond and Caron who had absurd rankings because Drummond enrolled early and Caron was a 5th year. Drummond was the #2 recruit after Anthony Davis and Caron was like #5. I remember Donyell's class being #2 in the nation.

Reaction Score
FWIW here's some full games for those that didn't watch before. I've posted my thoughts and highlights before on 3 of them. If you happen to be interested just PM me and I can dig it up and copy it to you. 50/50 shot that anything I say is even remotely useful

LIVE: SEAGULL CLASSIC: THE PATRICK SCHOOL v. ST. AUGUSTINE PREP
Kyrie Invitational 2019 - The Patrick School vs Roselle Catholic
The Patrick School vs New Brunswick - Live Basketball
ROSELLE CATHOLIC VS THE PATRICK SCHOOL

Some longer videos, but not full games

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

SCARY!
240.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member