Sad news - Cliff Robinson has passed away | The Boneyard

Sad news - Cliff Robinson has passed away

Reaction Score
So sad! Cliff was such an important building block for JC once he took over the program. Though Perno recruited him, Calhoun convinced him to stay and he went on to became such a key player for us. This year just doesn’t get any easier. RIP Cliff!

Reaction Score
Is this true? I don't see reports confirming his passing

Reaction Score
I still have his autograph from the old pre-season Blue & White scrimmage they used to hold at Southington High . . . until the NCAA prohibited them. He was sitting on the floor of the SHS gym and hadn't yet played his first game for UConn. RIP Cliff.

Reaction Score
Do you have some inside knowledge? I can't find any information online about this.

Reaction Score
I'm 34 and Cliff was one of the first NBA players I remember thinking to myself "woah, he went to UConn". Somewhere in the kindergarten/first grade timeframe when the brain is so influential and you're at an age where you can start making decisions for yourself that last a lifetime. Arguably, he sparked my interest in UConn before Ray Allen, Travis Knight, Kevin Freeman...

In a way, my UConn fandom and degree is indebted to his hard work before, during and after his time in Storrs. RIP Cliff.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom