Rules Question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rules Question

Reaction Score
The thing is that can't happen. An assistant coach, Andre Jackson, don't care who but someone has to be responsible for fouls. We should've been T'ed up and Hurley dodged a bullet there.
Piss off

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
In my opinion just having a player who has fouled out approach the scorer's table should be a technical. It signals your intent to sub in an illegal player and the opposing coach may make a decision based on that sub.
the officials control the game. that is why they are called officials. nothing is official until the officials say it is. even the score is not official until the officials say it is. and that's official ;)

Reaction Score
How about the call that the ball went off rjs knee that obviously didn’t. They review it and stick with the original call.

Amazing the crew gets to somehow stick up for their guys call even though it’s wrong! I mean it was off Auburn in an absolute no doubter. Why have replay?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hurley was saying he checked with the official who said Andre had 4 fouls
I highly doubt he asked that question - coaches rely on assistants to know these things plus the announcer announced Ajax had 5 fouls when he walked off the court and DH pat him on the back - he just zoned out
What about his assistants? Does he just tune them out when the ball goes up for the opening tip?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I highly doubt he asked that question - coaches rely on assistants to know these things plus the announcer announced Ajax had 5 fouls when he walked off the court and DH pat him on the back - he just zoned out
What about his assistants? Does he just tune them out when the ball goes up for the opening tip?
Hope not for sure.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How about the call that the ball went off rjs knee that obviously didn’t. They review it and stick with the original call.
That was a complete mystery - I saw most of the bad/questionable calls occurred at the basket in front of the Auburn bench. I think Bruce Pearl had a lot of influence on these refs - right or wrong

Reaction Score
He most certainly did. Rewatch it and you will see. He was saying the scorekeepers told him AJ had 4 fouls. 100%

Reaction Score
What do you mean? They showed Hurley on TV, he pointed his index finger right at the official as he was talking to the head guy, and he held up 4 fingers. Clearly, he was telling the head that the guy just told him that Whaley had 4. This was pretty clear on the broadcast.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Also..,The TV announcers were saying a lot of the shooting fouls were uncalled for. There always seemed to be contact on the arm.
The last 5 minutes of reg and the OTs it seemed like Auburn would just drive and flail when they got to the basket knowing they’d get the fouls. One critique of Hurley is that he never seems to adjust to the way the game is being called and ramp up or down the aggressiveness.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I liked the Auburn dude plowing into RJ on an inbound when the score was ~74-68 or so and RJ got called for an offensive foul. That was the turning point if we lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom