Rothstein Big East Twitter Preview | The Boneyard

Rothstein Big East Twitter Preview

Reaction Score
Pretty good projection for us, to be picked preseason third, our first year returning to a premier conference with multiple top twenty ranked teams last season. Beats being picked to finish in the lower tiers of the AAC like we have the past couple of years.

Reaction Score
this is encouraging, but i'd rather be underrated. you know danny will leverage anything he can (like a tweet that has us finishing in 6th, which is a real possibility) to give his guys a chip on their shoulder.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
this is encouraging, but i'd rather be underrated. you know danny will leverage anything he can (like a tweet that has us finishing in 6th, which is a real possibility) to give his guys a chip on their shoulder.
I generally agree but not with this team. This team is young, I think they need the confidence. I’m not worried about motivation.

Reaction Score
Pretty good projection for us, to be picked preseason third, our first year returning to a premier conference with multiple top twenty ranked teams last season. Beats being picked to finish in the lower tiers of the AAC like we have the past couple of years.

Could it be we've bought into a falsehood about how good the Big East is and underestimated just how good the AAC actually was? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Over Gillespie or JRE, but I guess he does a set lineup, some others BE guys don't use a set lineup.

Gillespie vs Zeg close but I don’t see enough of Creighton. I do believe Gillespie gets the calls from what I’ve seen, that Nova lean from the stripes but he’s a tough kid. So is Zeg impressed on how much better he’s become but not sure it’s BE 1st team good or not? You’re guy should be there probably just not over Bouk lol

Reaction Score
Gillespie vs Zeg close but I don’t see enough of Creighton. I do believe Gillespie gets the calls from what I’ve seen, that Nova lean from the stripes but he’s a tough kid. So is Zeg impressed on how much better he’s become but not sure it’s BE 1st team good or not? You’re guy should be there probably just not over Bouk lol
So glad you pointed that out, for some reason the refs favor Gillespie. He pushes off like every time and it never gets called. Zeg is smooth, but I think he comes back down to earth because TSA is no around and they no D. As far Bouk, no complaints about him on 1st team, that is a given.... kid can ball.

Reaction Score
Maybe he, like myself just thinks Bouk is and will be better
Have you seen Duke play, both he and Bouk are athletic, Duke is a way better defender(probably win BE DPOY) and Duke is a way better shooter. Bouk can ball and probably is a lottery pick, but Duke is def a 1st rounder. I have to defend my guy.

Reaction Score
Have you seen Duke play, both he and Bouk are athletic, Duke is a way better defender(probably win BE DPOY) and Duke is a way better shooter. Bouk can ball and probably is a lottery pick, but Duke is def a 1st rounder. I have to defend my guy.
Hahahahahaha

Reaction Score
Could it be we've bought into a falsehood about how good the Big East is and underestimated just how good the AAC actually was? :rolleyes:
You don’t believe it’s actually the team improving and recruiting higher level players under DH?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You don’t believe it’s actually the team improving and recruiting higher level players under DH?

It is. And I expect that Rothstein has cautiously underrated this team.

Reaction Score

I put the emoji :rolleyes: in to be certain people understood my attempt at humor. I guess it wasn't enough.

Reaction Score
Bouk had better stats as a freshman vs sophomore. Shot better, played significantly less minutes. What else?
Against AAC talent, again have you seen David Duke play. I've seen plenty of UConn games including some live AU games that Bouk was in when he was in highschool. The kid can play and def will be in the NBA. All I'm saying don't sleep on Duke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom