Rotations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rotations

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Hawkins is such a freshman. Donny Marshall mentioned on the broadcast that he would like to see Hawkins get more room to play through mistakes. I feel like Hurley lets him play through them sometimes, to a small extent, but other times, he makes one mistake and instantly gets taken out - or at least it seems that way. However, I will say Hurley did a much better job of drawing up plays to get him shots when he was in there. He did appear more confident last night, especially in the first half, than he has in recent games

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Polley is a spot up shooter and literally nothing more. There's very little reason to have him out there at the end, unless you're down 3-9 and need buckets.
Agree with all that but Polley has been nails tough at FT line at end of games. Putting him in the last 2 minutes on a offense/defense subsitution with maybe Whaley would be fine for me. Just plant Polley somewhere over half court where his height is an advantage when breaking pressure and let him get fouled. I'm okay with that.

Reaction Score
Hawkins is such a freshman. Donny Marshall mentioned on the broadcast that he would like to see Hawkins get more room to play through mistakes. I feel like Hurley lets him play through them sometimes, to a small extent, but other times, he makes one mistake and instantly gets taken out - or at least it seems that way. However, I will say Hurley did a much better job of drawing up plays to get him shots when he was in there. He did appear more confident last night, especially in the first half, than he has in recent games
If the mistakes were easily fixable, yes. But he simply cannot deal with pressure right now. He is a guard who can’t dribble/pass, and he is simply too weak to play big time BE minutes right now.

Reaction Score
It would really help Gaffney if we made sure Andre Jackson was almost always on the floor at the same time as him. That would give him some help initiating the offense and handling the ball. We need to be able to give Cole a rest.
This.
I’m all-in on Gaff, but he needs to get his act together soon or you have to try the freshman. We can’t have RJ exhausted when March rolls in. He’s the key to how far we can go.

Reaction Score
This.
I’m all-in on Gaff, but he needs to get his act together soon or you have to try the freshman. We can’t have RJ exhausted when March rolls in. He’s the key to how far we can go.
Gaffney’s season was perfectly summed up in that play where he mysteriously lost the ball and it went over the half court line. At that time I finally realized Jalen is haunted by ghosts.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This.
Gaffney’s season was perfectly summed up in that play where he mysteriously lost the ball and it went over the half court line. At that time I finally realized Jalen is haunted by ghosts.

I think Gaff just falling to the ground while simply existing on the court is now on par with Johnnie Selvie stepping on the end line and Rodney Purvis stepping on the side line.

Reaction Score
I think Gaff just falling to the ground while simply existing on the court is now on par with Johnnie Selvie stepping on the end line and Rodney Purvis stepping on the side line.
Those lines on the court are dangerous. You’ve got to watch out. Anyone could trip over them

Reaction Score
This is fair, but it's so rare the exact situation would arise where the other team needs to foul and the ball ends up in his hands (instead of, say, Cole) during the press break.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
in tylers 117 game career, he has averaged 1.4 free throw attempts per game.
we won't even talk aboot his boards, steals, blocks, and dime numbers per.
and forget any talk aboot his handle. he has none.
bbut this year will be different!
stay in school, don't do drugs.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Let’s be honest. There’s only 3 players that you can rely on beginning with Sanogo, RJ and Martin.

Whaley is a very important piece. The last spot is interchangable. DH should consider scrapping the hockey line change and rotate with only one or two starters stitting at a time.

RJ and Martin can not be off the floor at the same time, ever.

Reaction Score
Whaley is a very important piece. The last spot is interchangable. DH should consider scrapping the hockey line change and rotate with only one or two starters stitting at a time.

RJ and Martin can not be off the floor at the same time, ever.
At one point in the second half, I noticed Gaffney, Akok, Polly, Whaley, and Hawkins on the court at the same time. I wouldn't do it - at any time!

Reaction Score
Another underrate thing Polley does really well is handle the press break. Yes his handle is not PG level quality but multiple time this season he sat in multiple spots in a press break: half court, foul line, wing and made the correct play to find the open man or know where to be.

That along with his free throw ability and now getting his outside shot back make him someone that should be in during crunch time as an offensive / defense sub with Whaley.

In the last 5 min of regulation when they really needed a bucket to avoid blowing the lead Polley's presence would have helped on offense.

Reaction Score
Polley is a spot up shooter and literally nothing more. There's very little reason to have him out there at the end, unless you're down 3-9 and need buckets.
Most of the time I would agree but he was like 3 for 3 tonight. Having him out there when he’s got it going spaces then floor for Martin and Cole. Provides an extra threat that Whaley doesn’t, especially when we struggle to score at end of games.

Reaction Score
I get it. But.... he needs to play at that speed. That the only way to learn to play at that speed. When he is that fast and not making mistakes, it will be joy to behold.
I HOPE it’s when. I FEAR it’s if

Reaction Score
As much as he’s limited offensively he was very disruptive defensively, lots of deflections and blocks. Who did you want in akok?
Most definitely Akok. At least he provides a dimension offensively and some shot blocking presence defensively. Whaley has just disappeared. When Whaley, AJ and Martin are on the court together we are very limited offensively.

Reaction Score
I like Jackson's progression, but he needs to eliminate the careless turnovers. Hopefully there are no more 'pauses' so he can develop even more.

Reaction Score
Most definitely Akok. At least he provides a dimension offensively and some shot blocking presence defensively. Whaley has just disappeared. When Whaley, AJ and Martin are on the court together we are very limited offensively.
In theory I agree except akok refuses to do anything but either shoot or pump fake and pass. He very rarely goes to the hoop lately. Whaley has also gotten much more passive offensively.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It would really help Gaffney if we made sure Andre Jackson was almost always on the floor at the same time as him. That would give him some help initiating the offense and handling the ball. We need to be able to give Cole a rest.
They both turn it over too often.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom