Roster update | The Boneyard

Roster update

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It seems Dillion Harris and Khyon Gillespie are no longer a part of the UConn football program. Both are no longer listed on the school roster. From what I understand both had academic issues over the past spring semester.

I've updated my roster tracker accordingly. We are now at 84 scholarships going into this fall. Still time to add a late transfer from the portal...we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Watts listed at 275lbs. Out of all position groups I'm most interested in the DL rotation and how it shakes out. Figure Travis and Kevon got spots firmly locked up, but i wonder if guys like Gourdine, Justine Moore, and Quay Evans have developed since joining the program. Wonder if Ugwak shifts inside to DT to get more speed on the field.

Reaction Score
Watts listed at 275lbs. Out of all position groups I'm most interested in the DL rotation and how it shakes out. Figure Travis and Kevon got spots firmly locked up, but i wonder if guys like Gourdine, Justine Moore, and Quay Evans have developed since joining the program. Wonder if Ugwak shifts inside to DT to get more speed on the field.
Has anyone heard how Collin McCarthy has looked in practice? Tremendous high school career in New Jersey and he came in last year so he has had time to get acclimated.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard how Collin McCarthy has looked in practice? Tremendous high school career in New Jersey and he came in last year so he has had time to get acclimated.
I don't think we have heard how anyone has looked in practice since 2019....lol. Fall camp starts on 7/30. Hopefully we start getting reports.

Reaction Score
Forgot about him. We certainly have more size, athleticism, and depth on the DL since Reyes and Stephen were here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I heard he was getting a look with the 1s and 2s in spring. Not sure what the conclusion was and maybe they just wanted to stir things up.

We ought to have a good rotation of guys on the DL this fall. Maybe even have Travis Jones cycle out a bit more to keep him fresh all game. The DL could be a strength - I’m optimistic. The DL and WR positions are good on paper.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All right (yeah I get bored waiting 2 years for FB) .......have at it... changes, thoughts , etc ??? Here's a look at my 2 deep since Randy doesn't like anything but participation charts now, anyway. (some HT, WT's are a little off or rounded up with all the "official" changes year to year) D is changeable/dependent on a 4-3 or 3-4 front.
2021-Uconn FB pre-season depth chart.jpg

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
All right (yeah I get bored waiting 2 years for FB) .......have at it... changes, thoughts , etc ??? Here's a look at my 2 deep since Randy doesn't like anything but participation charts now, anyway. (some HT, WT's are a little off or rounded up with all the "official" changes year to year) D is changeable/dependent on a 4-3 or 3-4 front. View attachment 68668
Pretty good on O. Jeffreys could have a break out WR...lots of WR poised to play well.

On D, I think we will see Durante Jones at safety challenging Diamond Harrell. I also think Tre Wortham ends up as the third corner and Stanley getting a lot of snaps as the forth corner. Might see Fortt, Swenson and Mitchell on the field together as the LB unit with Morgan rotating in.

Btw - Ganyi is recovering from an ACL tear from mid winter. Don't expect to see him contributing this fall.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty good on O. Jeffreys could have a break out WR...lots of WR poised to play well.

On D, I think we will see Durante Jones at safety challenging Diamond Harrell. I also think Tre Wortham ends up as the third corner and Stanley getting a lot of snaps as the forth corner. Might see Fortt, Swenson and Mitchell on the field together as the LB unit with Morgan rotating in.
Good stuff, some of the DB's are guesses at S or CB's until Aug 14th. Also if they go with only 3 DL and the Husky ( Omar / Swenson /a safety moving up?) at times/ certain downs, it should be alot of moving parts. Yeah, I'd hope someone moves ahead of the undersized former WO Williams at the nickle/extra CB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also figure there will be some 4 wideout sets including Ross, Heron, Drayton, and fill in the blank to spread out the field.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Also figure there will be some 4 wideout sets including Ross, Heron, Drayton, and fill in the blank to spread out the field.
Yeah, the my leading candidates for the blank being Jeffreys or Marion. But injuries could put any one of these WRs out there.

Reaction Score

Btw - Ganyi is recovering from an ACL tear from mid winter. Don't expect to see him contributing this fall.
I thought Ganyi tore his ACL a couple of years ago?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah, I forget...sounds familiar. Pretty sure it happened again this winter.

Reaction Score
All right (yeah I get bored waiting 2 years for FB) .......have at it... changes, thoughts , etc ??? Here's a look at my 2 deep since Randy doesn't like anything but participation charts now, anyway. (some HT, WT's are a little off or rounded up with all the "official" changes year to year) D is changeable/dependent on a 4-3 or 3-4 front. View attachment 68668

I think the ones are: on offense
Ryan Van Demark
Dylan niedrowski
Sydney walker
Christian Haynes
Chase Lundt

2s
Reyonte brown
Valentin senn
Peter Rooney
Chris fortin
Jonathan pace

QB
Leon
Krejewski
Zergiotis

Reaction Score
Yeah, the my leading candidates for the blank being Jeffreys or Marion. But injuries could put any one of these WRs out there.
I think Marion has a shot to get some significant playing time. He looks very athletic with good hands. Seems like a good YAC receiver

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I might have it wrong...might have been an achilles...which if so would probably keep him out of the first half of the season.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Loving this thread versus the haters posting 2 wins.

A couple of things here- 1) there are no db's that will play that are under 170 pounds
2) No O lineman over 310 so they are looking for agility as opposed to road graders there.
3) We have depth - the only position we really need to sweat is QB - if we have that figured out, I like our chances.
4) There are playmakers at RB, TE, WR, DE, LB and S. See the tape
5) I look forward to seeing who our CB's are.
6) Not only does this look like a team physically and sound like a team from a behavioral standpoint, they have a chip on their shoulder.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Loving this thread versus the haters posting 2 wins.

A couple of things here- 1) there are no db's that will play that are under 170 pounds
2) No O lineman over 310 so they are looking for agility as opposed to road graders there.
3) We have depth - the only position we really need to sweat is QB - if we have that figured out, I like our chances.
4) There are playmakers at RB, TE, WR, DE, LB and S. See the tape
5) I look forward to seeing who our CB's are.
6) Not only does this look like a team physically and sound like a team from a behavioral standpoint, they have a chip on their shoulder.

The O-Line shift is noticeable. How much of this is intentional? Not as sure.

Item 3 is the key to the season. QB play will dictate everything. 11 in the box kills Mensah's effectiveness, clock mgmt, everything. Open it up, and all looks better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom