Romo Sucks! | The Boneyard

Romo Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Jerry Jones is the only man in America that didn't think Tony Romo would engineer some way of losing last night's game vs. the Redskins. Romo didn't disappoint, throwing his 3rd pick of the night with 3 minutes left and killing their final hopes for an NFC East title.

Reaction Score
What quarterback is available in 2013 that you'd rather have over him?

Off the table: RGIII, Luck, Peyton and Eli Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton

Probably off the table, but who knows what could happen in a trade: Roethlisberger, Flacco, Carson Palmer, Alex Smith, Colin Kapernick, Matt Schaub, Josh Freeman, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Tannehill.

Available? Phillip Rivers, Michael Vick, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez, Chad Henne, Brandon Weeden, Christian Ponder, Kevin Kolb.

Do you think Phillip Rivers would be better? Blaine Gabbert?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
What quarterback is available in 2013 that you'd rather have over him?

Off the table: RGIII, Luck, Peyton and Eli Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton

Probably off the table, but who knows what could happen in a trade: Roethlisberger, Flacco, Carson Palmer, Alex Smith, Colin Kapernick, Matt Schaub, Josh Freeman, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Tannehill.

Available? Phillip Rivers, Michael Vick, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez, Chad Henne, Brandon Weeden, Christian Ponder, Kevin Kolb.

Do you think Phillip Rivers would be better? Blaine Gabbert?
I'd use a draft pick and insert Orton (our current #2) for next season. If done through trade than any of the "probably off the table" crew (preferably Smith, Schaub or Bradford), and even taking Tebow over Romo would be better. Whatever it takes to stop hitting our heads against the wall...it's been 5 long years since the fumbled snap and things have only gotten worse since then.

Reaction Score
  1. Romo threw for 4,900 yds this year. They're not going to scrap him to live with a retread like Kyle Orton and then draft a young QB. Romo is too young to cut bait completely like that and hope you get your QB draft pick right.
  2. I think you're just sore at the season if you think Alex Smith or Sam Bradford would be better than Romo.
  3. Tim Tebow couldn't unseat a guy who has led the NFL in turnovers for 2 straight years.
Unfortunately for you? I think Romo is your best option right now.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
  1. Romo threw for 4,900 yds this year. They're not going to scrap him to live with a retread like Kyle Orton and then draft a young QB. Romo is too young to cut bait completely like that and hope you get your QB draft pick right.
  2. I think you're just sore at the season if you think Alex Smith or Sam Bradford would be better than Romo.
  3. Tim Tebow couldn't unseat a guy who has led the NFL in turnovers for 2 straight years.
Unfortunately for you? I think Romo is your best option right now.
Apparently you're not a Cowboys fan, so your advise is literally free of pain. That's not the case for Cowboys fans. The past 5 years under Romo have been long and agonizing. Perhaps the worst part, is the seed change in believing (entering each game) we'll find a way to lose the game in the worst possible fashion. Told my kids Romo would lose the Redskin game with more heartbreaking INT's and he proved me a genius.

Couple of stats you seem to be unaware of. First, Romo is not young, he's 32. He got his first start in 2007, already a 4 year vet...so he's entering his 10th season. Secondly, don't confuse his gaudy offensive stats for production when there's nothing to show for it. Activity does not guarantee productivity. Just look at the future HOF talent he's had to pass to in Jason Whitten. Then there's the likes of Bryant, Austin, T.O., etc. Those guys could make me look good too.

The stats don't lie. Since the 1st year he splashed on the scene in 2007, the Cowboys record has steadily declined - since 2007 the Cowboys record is 42-38. That's an average of 8.4 wins per season and isn't gonna get any team to the playoffs. Worse yet, the last three years have seen the combined record go to 22-26!

I'm prepared to live with Orton for a season while grooming a rookie. If you think Romo is the Cowboys best bet going forward, you must be a Giant, Redskin or Eagle fan. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm a Jets fan. Please don't tell me about being "free of pain".

You're putting a lot of the fault on Romo and I don't think it's deserved. Don't the Cowboys have something like 1 playoff win in the last 16-17 years? Who's fault is that?

I'd pin the Cowboy woes more on Jerry Jones, incompetent coaches, being in a tough division and a general lack of overall talent, before I threw the blame onto Romo.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Jerry Jones is the only man in America that didn't think Tony Romo would engineer some way of losing last night's game vs. the Redskins. Romo didn't disappoint, throwing his 3rd pick of the night with 3 minutes left and killing their final hopes for an NFC East title.

Romo doesn't necessarily suck, but he certainly can't read a blitz. The Redskins outplayed and out-coached the Cowboys in every facet of that game. Plus Doug Free is the worst Starting, yet part-time, player (not just Tackle or O-lineman) in the NFL.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I'm a Jets fan. Please don't tell me about being "free of pain".

You're putting a lot of the fault on Romo and I don't think it's deserved. Don't the Cowboys have something like 1 playoff win in the last 16-17 years? Who's fault is that?

I'd pin the Cowboy woes more on Jerry Jones, incompetent coaches, being in a tough division and a general lack of overall talent, before I threw the blame onto Romo.
As a Jets fan, how much of their failure this year do you hold Sanchez accountable for?

Reaction Score
I think he definitely has his share of the blame, but the problems are much, much bigger than just him.

a) He has definitely regressed in the last 2 seasons. Mostly in his inability to protect the ball. He's led the NFL in turnovers the last 2 years. And his confidence is pretty much shot at this point.

But.....

b) He has no one around him on offense. Holmes and Keller were the only things close to playmakers and they both missed basically the entire season. Shonn Greene is a 3.5 yd and a cloud of dust plodder.

c) They switched OC's this year and Sparano was a disaster.

d) The team itself is poorly run from a GM and coaching perspective. Pettine (Def Coord) is the only guy worth his salary on the staff.

I still contend, that in the right spot? Sanchez can be an above average NFL QB. Not on the current Jets team though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

This. The Cowboys are still living off of Parcells efforts. Thank goodness JJ chose T.O. over Parcells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom