OT: - Rolling Stones Last Night In Tampa | The Boneyard

OT: Rolling Stones Last Night In Tampa

Reaction Score
Our first Stones concert, it is my wife’s favorite band, wanted to see them before they quit touring. My impression is that Mick’s voice has lost nothing, he moves like he’s 30 and the band sounds great. The show’s tech and screens are great too. Ron Wood played great as did Keith who I think was alive. Tickets were not crazy and I would say it’s worth the effort if you have a chance.

Reaction Score
Our first Stones concert, it is my wife’s favorite band, wanted to see them before they quit touring. My impression is that Mick’s voice has lost nothing, he moves like he’s 30 and the band sounds great. The show’s tech and screens are great too. Ron Wood played great as did Keith who I think was alive. Tickets were not crazy and I would say it’s worth the effort if you have a chance.
I have seen a lot of concerts, but I’ve never seen the Stones. I really need to see them while they’re still around. I wish they were playing closer to CT this tour.

Reaction Score
I have seen them four times. Best show was at MetLife two years ago.

Reaction Score
Based on what I read about Mick he's not done by a long shot. He has personal trainers, dieticians, works out 3 hours a day 5-6 days a week. I bet he goes until 85. Keith on the other hand.......

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
I won a pair of tickets to see the Stones at Rentschler Field in 2005, not sure which station

Reaction Score
First time I saw the boys was '78, touring on Some Girls. Oddly, that happens to be the members' age now.

Reaction Score
Same with me in 1991. And The Who in 1989. And here we are 30 years later and they're both still around. Crazy.
I can't help myself, Hoop. You got 'em mixed up. I went to both the '89 Steel Wheels tour and the '91 Who tour. Good shows....

Reaction Score
I can't help myself, Hoop. You got 'em mixed up. I went to both the '89 Steel Wheels tour and the '91 Who tour. Good shows....
Definitely saw The Who in Foxboro, MA July 1989. I remember them saying that they might never tour again and I figured I had to see them before they stopped touring.

But you're right on the Stones, Saw them at the Pontiac Silverdome in December 1989. I was in school in Ann Arbor then. I swear it was in 1991 when I saw them but maybe I'm thinking of when I was at the Silverdome for the UConn Sweet 16 game I saw there against Duke. Not sure why I thought that Stones concert was 1991.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Now that I'm thinking about it, there's a pretty good chance that when I saw The Stones on Jagger's 29th birthday, it was also my first time in Madison Square Garden. I don't even know if I saw a Knicks or Rangers game any time before the 80s, and what else earlier?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
We saw them earlier this month in Pittsburgh and I was blown away by Mick’s performance. We saw Guns N Roses when the core 3 reunited and it seemed like they were constantly taking breaks, which I expected from the Stones but they really didn’t take many at all. You never say never with them but, if this was the last tour, it was a hell of an ending.

Beyond the show, the most entertaining part of the night was watching 50-60 year olds fight over the Merch stands. $50 Tshirts, $100 dollar hoodies and people were fighting over the stuff like they were giving it away.

Reaction Score
Saw them back in 1994 at the Carrier Dome. Spin Doctors opened for them. Never went to the Dome for a game!

The company I worked for at the time had a suite at the arena in Ft. Lauderdale (the name seems to change every couple of years). We entertained clients at the RS show in 2006. The view from the suite . . .

DSC04493.JPG

Reaction Score
I was at the show in Tampa as well. I can't believe that Mick can still move like that at 78. I had tickets in the Rear GAs meaning that I had to stand for close to 4 hours. I had a hard time walking back to the motel since my knees were screaming and I'm 15 years younger.

I think the Stones played for about 2 hours and 20 minutes. I voted for "Far Away Eyes" and was happy that song won. People around me were not so pleased initially. I love the lines in the song where he sings

"And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
Twenty red lights in his honor
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord".

Mick said something about "Welcome to Patriot's Stadium". He responded to the smattering of boos with "Well Tom Brady plays here".

He also said that when they first played in Clearwater in 1965 they didn't finish their set. I didn't catch the reason why but they ended up writing "Satisfaction" after the show. Here is a link to the story.

The only downer was the price of beer. Something like $14 for an ultra and other domestic beers. But as I said to the people in line, "You don't come here to save money". Not sure what the price of mixed drinks were. At least the sausage and peppers were $8.75. That is a bit more for sausage than I have spent at Foxboro. I thoroughly enjoyed the show even though it is pretty predictable nowadays. Multigenerational crowd with mothers dancing with their kids and people in their 80s as well.

Lisa Fischer may be gone but Sasha Allen replaced her very well in "Gimme Shelter". Good voice and sex appeal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First time I saw the boys was '78, touring on Some Girls. Oddly, that happens to be the members' age now.
First time I saw the band was 1978 as well. I saw them in Buffalo on the Fourth of July. Good memories driving up there from Hartford with my dormmates from UConn. I believe that Journey was an opening act.

Reaction Score
I was at the show in Tampa as well. I can't believe that Mick can still move like that at 78. I had tickets in the Rear GAs meaning that I had to stand for close to 4 hours. I had a hard time walking back to the motel since my knees were screaming and I'm 15 years younger.

I think the Stones played for about 2 hours and 20 minutes. I voted for "Far Away Eyes" and was happy that song won. People around me were not so pleased initially. I love the lines in the song where he sings

"And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
Twenty red lights in his honor
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord".

Mick said something about "Welcome to Patriot's Stadium". He responded to the smattering of boos with "Well Tom Brady plays here".

He also said that when they first played in Clearwater in 1965 they didn't finish their set. I didn't catch the reason why but they ended up writing "Satisfaction" after the show. Here is a link to the story.

The only downer was the price of beer. Something like $14 for an ultra and other domestic beers. But as I said to the people in line, "You don't come here to save money". Not sure what the price of mixed drinks were. At least the sausage and peppers were $8.75. That is a bit more for sausage than I have spent at Foxboro. I thoroughly enjoyed the show even though it is pretty predictable nowadays. Multigenerational crowd with mothers dancing with their kids and people in their 80s as well.

Lisa Fischer may be gone but Sasha Allen replaced her very well in "Gimme Shelter". Good voice and sex appeal.
So I looked up what Mick does to stay in shape. 3 hour workouts 5-6 days a week and particular about his diet. He has a Norwegian trainer and nutritionists, a team. He has a mid 30’s wife and a 4 year old son. He looks and sounds great. He has a positive life attitude and doesn’t dwell on the negative. Did I miss anything?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So I looked up what Mick does to stay in shape. 3 hour workouts 5-6 days a week and particular about his diet. He has a Norwegian trainer and nutritionists, a team. He has a mid 30’s wife and a 4 year old son. He looks and sounds great. He has a positive life attitude and doesn’t dwell on the negative. Did I miss anything?
Being worth around $500 million dollars?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom