2022 Recruiting: - Rodney Rice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Rodney Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's a masters thesis on "the dip"

Conclusion - the dip improved accuracy for all levels

Other conclusions - I'd criticize that the study used Canadian players, but Canada has been pumping out some high level talent of late so...
Carry on...

Attachments

• Penner_Luke.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 213

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Lucky for us DeMatha has crazy exposure. They regularly play on national TV, they stream all their games, every game is available on YouTube. I hope we have a season because between the good guys back in the BEast(we can kill the NBE slur now) and DeMatha games where Hawkins and Rice will be featured, there will be a lot of basketball for us to watch.

Reaction Score
You can learn and forget whatever you want, doesn't mean any of it was right to begin with. The guys I've learned from listed above (with the exception of KO) have more basketball knowledge than both of us combined jammed in one of their fingernails.

Bob Hurley Sr. has always struck me as a guy that really balances new school/old school better than maybe anyone. He kept that old school toughness but updated hos philosophy on shooting, rebounding, closeouts etc. As the years went on.
Bob Hurley Sr. Is one of the best basketball coaches ever at any level. Always thought it would've been interesting if he took the Hall or Rutgers job, no clue how it would've worked out but it would've been interesting to watch.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You could've just admitted you have no clue what you're talking about before Husky429 completely dressed you down.

You need some money?

h429 is an idiot and no but I don’t Welch.

Reaction Score
Bob Hurley Sr. Is one of the best basketball coaches ever at any level. Always thought it would've been interesting if he took the Hall or Rutgers job, no clue how it would've worked out but it would've been interesting to watch.

IMO I think he would've been good, not great. I think the beaurocratic/administrative side of college basketball would have driven him crazy. I've seen his coaching clinic spiel twice and spoken to him a handful of times on other occasions. He always struck me as being a mentor first second and third. He took on the kind of challenged kids that are hard to take risks on when your career is at risk if you lose a few too many games at the college level. Similar to Calhoun in that way.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You could've just admitted you have no clue what you're talking about before Husky429 completely dressed you down.

You need some money?

"We WILL have scholarships"

Sound familiar?

polycom

Reaction Score
Congrats to Poly for polluting another thread.

Anyway, we’re on this kid in a big way. He’s our 2022 CG priority. Still a long ways to go in this one but starting off in a good spot.

lol matrim don’t tag along with the bs. My op didn’t start this, but say whatever you want.

Reaction Score
I would think polycom's "opinion" on Clingan is all you need to know to ignore so we can get back to Rice on this thread.

Thanks Matrim for a quick update, I just love the plan this staff, DH especially lays out for recruiting. They are strategic and detailed.

Rodney Rice and A Brown are UConn type players I have no doubt.

Reaction Score
Can someone change the title to "2022 Recruiting" for Rice?

Reaction Score
You all are morons. This is the correct shooting technique,

1597239110380.jpeg

Reaction Score
h429 is an idiot and no but I don’t Welch.
And for the record add calling husky429 an idiot to the growing list of embarrassing comments you’ve made in this thread. Dude brings nothing but consistent, credible and highly informative content to this board. He was accurate to point out the growing number of release point experts we have on this board and he provided his counter point respectfully so imo you’re really in a roll here.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
yes, because giving an opinion is similar to making things up and pretending to be associated with the program. Mental gymnastics here is strong it seems.
You stated your opinion. Great.

You took criticism from many fronts on said opinion. Instead of shrugging it off and moving on, you decided to respond to each and every attack. It would be better to simply restate your opinion and let it end. Anything else is just insecurity finding an outlet.

polycom

Reaction Score
And for the record add calling husky429 an idiot to the growing list of embarrassing comments you’ve made in this thread. Dude brings nothing but consistent, credible and highly informative content to this board. He was accurate to point out the growing number of release point experts we have on this board and he provided his counter point respectfully so imo you’re really in a roll here.

I guess you have a short memory? But sure. Also, everyone is an expert until you watch a game and see how many players dip the ball v. where they release the basketball. But yes I'm in the wrong, getting a shot off v. a taller defender players absolutely should dip the ball.

All of the best shooters ever dipped the ball as low as Rodney Rice does, who for the record I said we should absolutely be all over him but that doesn't mean he doesn't have things to work on. But I guess discussing basketball isn't tolerated here.

polycom

Reaction Score
You stated your opinion. Great.

You took criticism from many fronts on said opinion. Instead of shrugging it off and moving on, you decided to respond to each and every attack. It would be better to simply restate your opinion and let it end. Anything else is just insecurity finding an outlet.

Lol insecurity of what? We are discussing basketball no? I made a basketball observation and people provided counter points, and I addressed them. If people didn't have discussion this forum would die, but sure I'll stop posting so that the group think echochamber can continue.

Reaction Score
Lol insecurity of what? We are discussing basketball no? I made a basketball observation and people provided counter points, and I addressed them. If people didn't have discussion this forum would die, but sure I'll stop posting so that the group think echochamber can continue.
Thanks, we all appreciate it so we can get these threads back on track

polycom

Reaction Score
Thanks, we all appreciate it so we can get these threads back on track

Exactly, so I hope he stops shooting from his ankles either way seems like a solid recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom