2022 Recruiting: - Rodney Rice | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Rodney Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Transferring to DeMatha as a guard? Plays on team durant in AAU. I hope we win this one. I will say though his jump shot comes from his ankles.... thats less than ideal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Transferring to DeMatha as a guard? Plays on team durant in AAU. I hope we win this one. I will say though his jump shot comes from his ankles.... thats less than ideal.

What is with you old farts and thinking dipping the basketball is a bad thing? It's like you don't even watch the players you claim are elite shooters. The best shooters on the planet dip--the best of the best adjust their dip depending on how much time they have to shoot. It's used to find rhythm and consistency.

This is him on a catch and shoot. Minimal dip. I'd call that a pretty close to textbook jumper, actually.

Reaction Score
What is with you old farts and thinking dipping the basketball is a bad thing? It's like you don't even watch the players you claim are elite shooters. The best shooters on the planet dip--the best of the best adjust their dip depending on how much time they have to shoot. It's used to find rhythm and consistency.

This is him on a catch and shoot. Minimal dip. I'd call that a pretty close to textbook jumper, actually.

Poly seems to hate everything UConn recently. Like our recent success is killing him. I legit Think he’s a KO burner account

polycom

Reaction Score

I promise I’m younger than you, spent more time around uconn basketball and players than you and that I know what I’m talking about. But keep slurping up the bs you read here.

Reaction Score

Pretty sure he's young, knows nothing about how modern players shoot the ball but he's young.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

screw you with that old fart talk
i've forgotten more about hoops and uconn hoops than you will ever know or experience
dip this smart arse whipper snapper

Reaction Score
I promise I’m younger than you, spent more time around uconn basketball and players than you and that I know what I’m talking about. But keep slurping up the bs you read here.

You do realize whether or not dipping a basketball is a good thing has nothing to do with how much time one has spent around UConn basketball players right? I have learned that in person from amongg many others Bob Hurley Sr., the shooting coach for the Miami Heat, Orlando Magic, the Dematha head coach, and ironically... Kevin Ollie.

Just like before, you are absolutely incapable of actually making an argument that addresses the topic. Good effort though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
ask the players if a mobile 7'2" center with mobility and a huge upside is attractive to have as a team member

Reaction Score
screw you with that old fart talk
i've forgotten more about hoops and uconn hoops than you will ever know or experience
dip this smart arse whipper snapper

You can learn and forget whatever you want, doesn't mean any of it was right to begin with. The guys I've learned from listed above (with the exception of KO) have more basketball knowledge than both of us combined jammed in one of their fingernails.

Bob Hurley Sr. has always struck me as a guy that really balances new school/old school better than maybe anyone. He kept that old school toughness but updated hos philosophy on shooting, rebounding, closeouts etc. As the years went on.

polycom

Reaction Score
You do realize whether or not dipping a basketball is a good thing has nothing to do with how much time one has spent around UConn basketball players right? I have learned that in person from amongg many others Bob Hurley Sr., the shooting coach for the Miami Heat, Orlando Magic, the Dematha head coach, and ironically... Kevin Ollie.

Just like before, you are absolutely incapable of actually making an argument that addresses the topic. Good effort though.
Lol I’m not an old fart #1. Dipping the basketball is shooting mechanic that all shooting coaches will have you unlearn in almost all cases #2. Don’t run from your bs now that i quoted you and complain that I don’t want to argue the point. On average do good shooters dip the ball? Just because people say it’s acceptable doesn’t mean it’s good.

polycom

Reaction Score
ask the players if a mobile 7'2" center with mobility and a huge upside is attractive to have as a team member

lol yes because we are talking about DC here. If you want to follow me around with that you can. I’ll just continue to ask you why you choose to bring up my sister in a basketball discussion?

Reaction Score
Lol I’m not an old fart #1. Dipping the basketball is shooting mechanic that all shooting coaches will have you unlearn in almost all cases #2. Don’t run from your bs now that i quoted you and complain that I don’t want to argue the point. On average do good shooters dip the ball? Just because people say it’s acceptable doesn’t mean it’s good.

I am telling you full stop that the best shooting coaches on the planet do not have players at any level unlearn a dip. In fact, building from the ground up they will teach it. Most guys I know of teach a dip when wide open, and to shorten it under pressure. How many shooting coaches have you actually spoken to about this? I've spoken to dozens of coaches from every level of ball.

This'll be my last post on the subject. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. There's plenty of ways to learn to shoot when it comes down to it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty sure he's young, knows nothing about how modern players shoot the ball but he's young.

I seem to have attracted the ire of the outcasts of the yard today. It's really fascinating when basketball fundamentals and coaching come up in non-coaching circles. Some things like a dip are basically a given for all but the most old school coaches. I probably shouldn't bite on the trolling but I need a distraction tonight

polycom

Reaction Score
I seem to have attracted the ire of the outcasts of the yard today. It's really fascinating when basketball fundamentals and coaching come up in non-coaching circles. Some things like a dip are basically a given for all but the most old school coaches. I probably shouldn't bite on the trolling but I need a distraction tonight
Lol you’ve got a lot to say.

polycom

Reaction Score

superwelch, you talk a lot for someone who often doesn’t know what they are taking about. Hey did you ever pay your debt yet?

Reaction Score
A lot of NBA guys say they don't dip and that you shouldn't dip.. but they do dip.

Steph Curry, for example. Does it on almost all catch and shoots. In his shooting teaching videos, he says don't dip.

Some more examples...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul