Rodney Purvis on campus | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis on campus

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Put 10 pounds of muscle on him and teach him to take contact in the paint. He was so gifted at avoiding it and making acrobatic shots he left a lot of FTs and potential foul trouble on the court. Sadly, he didn’t have many people to pass to.
The reason Jalen isn't in the NBA today is because he isn't a good enough shooter from 3 nor is he a good enough defender. I always thought he was a bright spot on some really bad teams.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And people will still defend KO when player after player points to his gross negligence as coach which led to some of the darkest years in UConn history for both its fans and its players. Kids with an insane amount of talent who should’ve gotten drafted had their careers derailed because of this guy.
First folks say KO had no eye for talent and now he had the best talent. Make up your damned minds. K O is gone and he deserved to be fired but one frustrated guy who this board said had no chance to make it anywhere on the hardcourt is now the gospel.
I hope that UConn produces large number of NBA talent. I think Tyrese will make the UConn faithful proud and Hawkins will do the same.
Better days are ahead with the talent coming in
Let’s lay the KO crap to bed. It does nobody any good.
I know KO and I appreciate many things he does. Beyond what Psolo says I know many players who have positive things to say about KO
I like Purvis but Purvis is doing nobody any favors
BTW. You think DH would have come to UConn had he not known that the NBE was around the corner? DH would not coach in the AAC and when he did his record was no better than before he came.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, as if that'll ever happen!
idk, feels kinda dead to me. i mean, after having ample opportunity to post tales of hookers and blow, or him hitting the '0' button on the self-checkout after he took two bags, yet no scurrilous gossip on offer, i sure hope it's toast, cuz, what's the point?
on the udder hand, he did wear those urkel pants, so there's that.

Reaction Score
idk, feels kinda dead to me. i mean, after having ample opportunity to post tales of hookers and blow, or him hitting the '0' button on the self-checkout after he took two bags, yet no scurrilous gossip on offer, i sure hope it's toast, cuz, what's the point?
on the udder hand, he did wear those urkel pants, so there's that.
Idk, this thread is 11 pages because of why? I think there's your answer.

Reaction Score
The reason Jalen isn't in the NBA today is because he isn't a good enough shooter from 3 nor is he a good enough defender. I always thought he was a bright spot on some really bad teams.

He bears responsibility for this, but he wasn't exactly the hardest worker to come through the program. Calhoun would not have allowed that. Neither of the deficiencies you identify are even remotely unfixable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He bears responsibility for this, but he wasn't exactly the hardest worker to come through the program...
Remember if anyone mentioned that he was sucking wind in the first half they were branded a hater.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't respect KO the coach at all. After he won the title, he did everything he could to tank the program. He was lazy and if stories are to true about his personal life, he was a bad person as well.

Reaction Score
First folks say KO had no eye for talent and now he had the best talent. Make up your damned minds. K O is gone and he deserved to be fired but one frustrated guy who this board said had no chance to make it anywhere on the hardcourt is now the gospel.
He didn’t recruit most of that roster. I disagree with the people who try to say 2014 was more Calhoun’s title more than Ollie’s, but the majority of that roster were guys Ollie got to stay (to his credit).

But from a roster building standpoint, Ollie either had no eye for talent, no ability to develop talent, or both. I’m not even sure this is debatable.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Imagine what Calhoun would have done with a couple years with Jalen Adams.

Yeah Jalen was absurdly talented. There was a game against Temple a few years back where it was close late and he just took over, killing them with the dribble drive, getting to the rim at will or collapsing the defense and finding wide open shooters. All that wasted potential...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But from a roster building standpoint, Ollie either had no eye for talent, no ability to develop talent, or both. I’m not even sure this is debatable.
Or just didn’t give enough of a crap to construct functional rosters.

Reaction Score
I always thought the biggest issue with the post NC teams (2014-2018) were the injuries. Omar Calhoun’s, Alterique’s and Larrier’s were heart breaking and totally derailed their development. I thought all could of been drafted someday. Also Vance Jackson, Juwan Durham, Steven Enoch and Terence Samuels didn’t turn into the players we were expecting

I really wonder what the would have looked like if JC stayed or if Glen Miller became the Head Coach (he certainly was my pick)

Reaction Score
He didn’t recruit most of that roster. I disagree with the people who try to say 2014 was more Calhoun’s title more than Ollie’s, but the majority of that roster were guys Ollie got to stay (to his credit).

He did well to get buy-in from tough-minded JC recruits.

He did terribly when trying to identify talent and/or character/toughness when doing his own recruiting, and then was too lazy or incapable of molding the mediocre pieces he brought here.

Reaction Score
I always thought the biggest issue with the post NC teams (2014-2018) were the injuries. Omar Calhoun’s, Alterique’s and Larrier’s were heart breaking and totally derailed their development. I thought all could of been drafted someday. Also Vance Jackson, Juwan Durham, Steven Enoch and Terence Samuels didn’t turn into the players we were expecting

I really wonder what the would have looked like if JC stayed or if Glen Miller became the Head Coach (he certainly was my pick)

I would rank our issues from 14-18 in the following order
1- Kevin Ollie
2- American Athletic Conference
3- Injuries

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
'this is the first post of yours that I have been able to comprehend,'
ok, this is not good, not good at all. i've heard this elsewhere, and makes me wonder if im losing velocity on my fastball, like the obvious loss of hops on my in game dunks on asphalt. and, that thing where my knees feel like someone poured napalm on them, and then throw a match, again, on asphalt, makes me think that the sunny daze rest home could be a lot closer than i realized.
now, if it's the sunnyvale trailer park instead, like in TPB, that would be fun. yes indeedy, me, snoop, phil collins, all hangin by the pool, eating pepperoni and quaffing 40s - now, that's a retirement.
im a hopeful sort so i'll just make the appointment for TJ surgery.
Sunnyvale?

Reaction Score
What I really respect is how wo many here have chosen the "hookers and blow" high road.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
He bears responsibility for this, but he wasn't exactly the hardest worker to come through the program. Calhoun would not have allowed that. Neither of the deficiencies you identify are even remotely unfixable.
Agree. I didn't mean this as a shot at Ollie. Just saying Jalen got a bit of a raw deal...but he def wasn't the hardest worker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom