Rodney Purvis on campus | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis on campus

Reaction Score
Love him singling out Hawkins. We've got a lot of "swing" players this year since so many players are entering new roles, but the difference between us being on the bubble and winning some games in March will be what his ceiling is like this year.

Reaction Score
That guy had one of the most underrated careers in UConn History.
Three seasons averaging 11–13 pts per game.
Scoring 17 points and going out on his shield in the NCAA loss to Kansas.
He was a great athlete forced to play the three at 6’3” maybe 4” because of roster depth. He had a brief NBA csreer
He was a natural 2 but seldom got to play there.
I

Reaction Score
dham & purvis got us to 2nd round, good luck with this team

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He was a great athlete forced to play the three at 6’3” maybe 4” because of roster depth. He had a brief NBA csreer
I
Serious question: Do you think he would have stepped out of bounds any less?

Reaction Score
I
Rodney Pride!!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Serious question: Do you think he would have stepped out of bounds any less?
A @tcf15 highlight reel of Rodney stepping out of bounds remains something I keep thinking that I really really want to see, but I fully understand that I might feel badly and misunderstand the point of it if I actually got to see it.

Without it existing, I can fantasize that it would be affectionate, light-hearted, and funny...like a great blooper reel, or one of those compilation videos of the too-tall trucks that one-after-another drive into the too-low overpass.

I know it's a bad idea, and that it won't ever happen, but I think of it every time Rodney is fondly recalled, and I join in fondly recalling him.

Reaction Score
A @tcf15 highlight reel of Rodney stepping out of bounds remains something I keep thinking that I really really want to see, but I fully understand that I might feel badly and misunderstand the point of it if I actually got to see it.

Without it existing, I can fantasize that it would be affectionate, light-hearted, and funny...like a great blooper reel, or one of those compilation videos of the too-tall trucks that one-after-another drive into the too-low overpass.

I know it's a bad idea, and that it won't ever happen, but I think of it every time Rodney is fondly recalled, and I join in fondly recalling him.
There are guys who play a career and never inadvertently step out of bounds. Guys may get forced out of bounds on a drive but actually receiving the ball standing out of bounds is another thing. Nice kid though.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
B3E95DE5-3814-492C-913D-925C20DF4891.jpeg

Yeah, I think it’s fair to say he has/had some issues with KO. The alums that played with him still seem to pump his tires, but I can’t recall if I’ve ever seen one of the guys who played for him come out and really go to bat for him. Maybe I’m mistaken, but that’s awfully telling and not really surprising given the vibe around the team at that time

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
View attachment 77883

Yeah, I think it’s fair to say he has/had some issues with KO. The alums that played with him still seem to pump his tires, but I can’t recall if I’ve ever seen one of the guys who played for him come out and really go to bat for him. Maybe I’m mistaken, but that’s awfully telling and not really surprising given the vibe around the team at that time
That’s what happens when you coach from a bar stool.

Reaction Score
Purvis has been firing off some takes lately. Recently said he could be in the NBA but it's the off-the-court extra stuff that's keeping him focused on making a career overseas. I think he deleted that tweet?

Though I do think he's right about Jalen. I think he might be the most gifted guard we've had that didn't make the league.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Purv just saying what we all knew
Maybe, but it is surprising to see it just put out there plainly.

I frequently have said on the board that Kevin was the only person who could have coached the 2014 team to victory. Afterwards, he was abysmal, but during that season he was the right man at the right time.

I may need to rethink that.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Maybe, but it is surprising to see it just put out there plainly.

I frequently have said on the board that Kevin was the only person who could have coached the 2014 team to victory. Afterwards, he was abysmal, but during that season he was the right man at the right time.

I may need to rethink that.

I don’t know Rodney but I will speculate that if he was the only one thinking those thoughts he wouldn’t have the gall to say it publicly

Anyways, I do think KOs hands off coaching style and Bazz’s natural integrity and leadership meshed well together but it’s a Chicken/Egg debate.

Did KO’s style give bazz confidence to take those shots or is that who bazz always was and he would have drilled them either way. I tend to lean to the latter but it’s ultimately an unanswerable question

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom