2022 Recruiting: - Roddy Gayle | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Roddy Gayle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's a sensation in upstate NY. My parents are from up there--seems like everyone in the basketball community has heard of him. A lot like Clingan down here.

Averaged 28PPG as a sophomore. Thinking about going prep--some coaches saying to go, others aren't.

Sounds like he's switching to the NY Rens if AAU starts up.

Stats from 17u last summer. 9.6/3/2.3... 58% FG, 44% from deep. 88%FT. Those are fantastic stats for a 2022

Tons of offers already. Xavier, Georgetown, Bama, Oklahoma, Michigan, the Ohio State, Cuse, Tenn, Georgia, Marquette, LSU, Nebraska, etc. Has visited Cuse, Wake, Ohio State and Michigan, I believe.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Have seen him play a bunch, have coached against him but only in summer leagues, etc. He is a stud, very good athlete. Competition isn't premier in his league but he's shown he can handle the competition in AAU and states as an 8th grader. Have never heard much in terms of him being a headache or bad kid or anything either.

Was at Niagara Falls as an 8th grader and had 2 other 8/9th graders that were both big time prospects, and they all left. Falls is where Flynn, Garrison and Paul Harris all went (and James Starks from the Packers).

I just hope he doesn't choose Cuse.

Reaction Score
Have seen him play a bunch, have coached against him but only in summer leagues, etc. He is a stud, very good athlete. Competition isn't premier in his league but he's shown he can handle the competition in AAU and states as an 8th grader. Have never heard much in terms of him being a headache or bad kid or anything either.

Was at Niagara Falls as an 8th grader and had 2 other 8/9th graders that were both big time prospects, and they all left. Falls is where Flynn, Garrison and Paul Harris all went (and James Starks from the Packers).

I just hope he doesn't choose Cuse.

Sorrycuse could be a problem simply due to its location. 280 miles closer than Storrs and that's about 4 or more hours driving time. That, coupled with the virus making people think more about distance from home might complicate recruiting for the good guys.
His Dad seems very involved with his development and, based on his Dad saying how much more complete a player his son is, their relationship seems honest and deep so we just have to hope Dad believes in letting his son decide what's best for his future.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Just got offered by Ohio State also, per twitter.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Sorrycuse could be a problem simply due to its location. 280 miles closer than Storrs and that's about 4 or more hours driving time. That, coupled with the virus making people think more about distance from home might complicate recruiting for the good guys.
His Dad seems very involved with his development and, based on his Dad saying how much more complete a player his son is, their relationship seems honest and deep so we just have to hope Dad believes in letting his son decide what's best for his future.
Let's hope his Dad and he will weigh the merits of his playing zone defense in college for his future development as a pro and that DH as a coach vs JB will shed some illumination on his ultimate choice.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He's a sensation in upstate NY. My parents are from up there--seems like everyone in the basketball community has heard of him. A lot like Clingan down here.

Averaged 28PPG as a sophomore. Thinking about going prep--some coaches saying to go, others aren't.

Sounds like he's switching to the NY Rens if AAU starts up.

Stats from 17u last summer. 9.6/3/2.3... 58% FG, 44% from deep. 88%FT. Those are fantastic stats for a 2022

Tons of offers already. Xavier, Georgetown, Bama, Oklahoma, Michigan, the Ohio State, Cuse, Tenn, Georgia, Marquette, LSU, Nebraska, etc. Has visited Cuse, Wake, Ohio State and Michigan, I believe.
The efficiency is outstanding. He takes so few bad shots. 88% from the line; 44% from deep against the best competition in the country as a freshman? Insane. Also has a rep as a great defender.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can hear the UConn announcer saying his name now after a vicious dunk on a helpless Big East defender

C

Chief00

The virtual Grind is starting to come together but hope there is some “Live” action this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom