RJ Cole Back On Campus | The Boneyard

RJ Cole Back On Campus

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wrong. It was suggested

Jalen Gaffney Transferring
Weak.

I missed the part where he said RJ doesn’t like Hurley. Much less that he hated him.

The desire to turn everything into a fight here is getting beyond ridiculous. Not even one reply to what should have been a positive thread and we’ve got keyboard warriors puffing out their chests about haters who don’t even exist.

Reaction Score
Weak.

I missed the part where he said RJ doesn’t like Hurley. Much less that he hated him.

The desire to turn everything into a fight here is getting beyond ridiculous. Not even one reply to what should have been a positive thread and we’ve got keyboard warriors puffing out their chests about haters who don’t even exist.
Lol, you know I like you but leave it to you to defend an objectively awful opinion and post. He expanded on it here, there's no need to defend him when doubled down on his own post

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lol, you know I like you but leave it to you to defend an objectively awful opinion and post. He expanded on it here, there's no need to defend him when doubled down on his own post

I’m not defending anything.

I just think it’s warped that the first thing that pops into someone’s mind when seeing a post about RJ Cole back on campus and working with the team is to make up a fantasy that people here said RJ hated Hurley and the program.

But I get that I’m an old man yelling at clouds. Y’all embrace the PTI and Stephen A. Smith school of making everything overblown hot takes in order to fabricate fights. I guess it’s good copy, as they say. And absolutely a sign of the times.

As boring as it may be, I was just happy to see that he was back on campus and playing with the guys.

Reaction Score

I just think it’s warped that the first thing that pops into someone’s mind when seeing a post about RJ Cole back on campus and working with the team is to make up a fantasy that people here said RJ hated Hurley and the program.

But I get that I’m an old man yelling at clouds. Y’all embrace the PTI and Stephen A. Smith school of making everything overblown hot takes in order to fabricate fights. I guess it’s good copy, as they say. And absolutely a sign of the times.

As boring as it may be, I was just happy to see that he was back on campus and playing with the guys.
I was happy to see him back on campus too. And yes a portion of that was because it made the idiots on here and Twitter posting nonsense about Cole look dumb. I also just enjoy any updates about former players. It's not fantasy when it's repeatedly happened, no hot takes here

If it makes me petty so be it, but there's few things I enjoy more than consistently wrong BY posters being publicly proven wrong. A good relationship between Hurley and Cole is best for everyone

Reaction Score
Wrong. It was suggested

Jalen Gaffney Transferring
It was fair to question a bit at that time honestly. Not related to Tyrese/RJ though.

I had reached out to a board insider via DM when Diggins/Akok/Floyd transferred and he had suggested that the exodus was likely not over, and that others may leave. He told me Samson was very close to leaving as well (obviously commend the staff and Hurley for convincing him).

So at that time, it was fair to question what was going on.

Reaction Score
The criticism of Danny that Chief has heard, is that he doesn’t take his foot off the gas. Some refs, particular rival coaches and certain former players feel that way. It is in his interest, Chief thinks, to at least learn to shift down a couple of gears. It may surprise some people, but Jim Calhoun use to say, you have to learn to pick your battles and back off sometimes. I remember laughing to myself early on when Jim said that, LOL how little self awareness could he have, but the longer I observed the more I saw instances of him doing that. For Danny to max out to his potential he needs to learn the value in doing that and to execute shifting the gears down sometimes. Chief thinks that’s something Danny can learn to do, he just needs to understand the value of doing so.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Given how much posters were suggesting that we had a culture problem during the beginning of the offseason, just a few months ago, how is this a stretch of any kind to point out that this is an indication that those ppl might not be channeling the inner thoughts of players?

It was one of the biggest recent topics of discussion on this board that you frequent.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Given how much posters were suggesting that we had a culture problem during the beginning of the offseason, just a few months ago, how is this a stretch of any kind to point out that this is an indication that those ppl might not be channeling the inner thoughts of players?

It was one of the biggest recent topics of discussion on this board that you frequent.
You said "everyone left a few months ago because they hated Hurley."

"Everyone" and "hated" were stretches; which is why I said it was wrong to connect your desire for revenge to RJ's situation in any way.

It comes back to the black or white thing I commented on a week or so ago. Those who want to canonize Hurley are obviously very sensitive to any suggestion that he might not be perfect. But the fact is that some players love him and his style, some don't, and some are probably somewhere in between.

Transfers are much different than Tyrese and RJ, who were as close to being Hurley family members as you can get.

I suspect--but don't know--that you might hear a different perspective from Corey Floyd, Jr., for example.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
You said "everyone left a few months ago because they hated Hurley."

"Everyone" and "hated" were stretches; which is why I said it was wrong to connect your desire for revenge to RJ's situation in any way.

It comes back to the black or white thing I commented on a week or so ago. Those who want to canonize Hurley are obviously very sensitive to any suggestion that he might not be perfect. But the fact is that some players love him and his style, some don't, and some are probably somewhere in between.

Transfers are much different than Tyrese and RJ, who were as close to being Hurley family members as you can get.

I suspect--but don't know--that you might hear a different perspective from Corey Floyd, Jr., for example.
Yes, the tongue was inserted into the cheek, hence “everyone” and “hated”

Reaction Score
Good post and undoubtedly correct, 8893. Shades of grey in everything. RJ is back on campus and can probably teach the guards a couple of things. Plus, it's nice that guys like Boat, Purvis and Cole want to come back and still be involved. Boat was a truly special college player. A bit unorthodox perhaps, but his contributions on both sides of the ball were absolutely vital to the 2014 National Championship. If a little Boat rubs off on our current and future players, that's certainly a great thing.

Reaction Score
Yes, the tongue was inserted into the cheek, hence “everyone” and “hated”
It always makes me laugh when someone approaches something that is clearly hyperbolic and said in jest with an impassioned point by point defense attorney style rebuttal. It’s ok to joke, like calling back to the people (one person in particular) who said the coaching staff was “DONE, the first domino of many to fall!” when Kevin Freeman decided he didn’t want to be an assistant anymore. People overreact, and it’s ok to joke about it.

Reaction Score
Welcome back RJ.

BTW, anyone who watched the Huskies the last couple of years knows that Danny had as much trust in RJ as any coach has had in any player. The Huskies were RJ's team and that the way Danny wanted it.

Reaction Score
It was fair to question a bit at that time honestly. Not related to Tyrese/RJ though.

I had reached out to a board insider via DM when Diggins/Akok/Floyd transferred and he had suggested that the exodus was likely not over, and that others may leave. He told me Samson was very close to leaving as well (obviously commend the staff and Hurley for convincing him).

So at that time, it was fair to question what was going on.
Yeah sure, it was fair to wonder what was going on with Diggins/Floyd and I did too. It was not fair to wonder that with Martin/Cole. That's why I didn't call out all the people in the 1st group but did call out people suggesting that about Cole

Reaction Score
Its great for the Program to have an open door policy for former players to feel welcomed back to play some ball with the team.. Its great for the current roster to ball with those guys and learn from them.. Everyone wins.. Building a culture of family.. Pretty simple..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People overreact, and it’s ok to joke about it.
No doubt, but to @8893’s point, maybe the thing to focus on in this thread is RJ being back on campus.

I’m not a huge fan of the posters who spend more energy on trashing other yarders rather than celebrating the team.

JMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom