RIP Sam Jones | The Boneyard

RIP Sam Jones

Reaction Score
Lost Sam Jones today. Humble and nice man. Played golf with him a number of years ago prior to Hall of Fame dinner. He was a great guy. After golf he took time to introduce me to a number of other former players.

While on the course I learned that he also was a major league pitching prospect.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I will always remember his sweet jump shots that he banked off the backboard. They went off the backboard and cleanly through the hoop almost every time and were a thing of beauty. None of that sissy stuff of shooting straight at the rim. Score two for Sam, and two more, and two more!

Reaction Score
As a kid I remember watching Cousy and Sherman together in the backcourt to start the game and then at some point Red Auerbach would sub in the Jones boys (Sam and KC) and the fun would begin. A pressing defense, especially from KC, and lots of action to free up Sam for his jumper. He had as sweet a shot as I've seen, backboard and all.

Reaction Score
I was a Knick fan back then with Richie Guiren and Walt Bellamy. Became a Celtic fan because of Sam Jones and John Havlicek

Reaction Score
Bank shot of beauty. Loved watching him play growing up.

RIP Sam

Reaction Score
I will always remember his sweet jump shots that he banked off the backboard. They went off the backboard and cleanly through the hoop almost every time and were a thing of beauty. None of that sissy stuff of shooting straight at the rim. Score two for Sam, and two more, and two more!
I agree, a perfect bank shot. I wonder how he would have done in pool?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom