RIP Pudge | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RIP Pudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Oh man this is horribly sad news. One of the most recognizable guys on here. RIP @Pudge

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to let everyone know, but Boneyard legend Tim "Pudge" White has died. It was esophageal cancer and it came about quickly. It was just last November he was planning on coming to a FB game but had to postpone because he didn't feel well. He was still counting on coming to the Spring Game. But when we visited him instead he didn't look well, and to make things worse, he lost his mother the next day. We met a tailgate early on in UConn FB history and kept in touch. I'm going to miss him terribly and so will the Yard I think. He was one of the originals.
RIP Pudge. We lost him far too soon.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I have a vague memory of debating the meaning of this poem with someone here decades (is that possible?!?) ago—maybe @nomar or @storrsroars?

In any event, I wish I got the chance to know which interpretation he favored (mine is not the popular one, but based on what little I know of him, I sense that his might not be, either).

Wasn't me.

RIP Pudge, an original and all-time Yarder.

Reaction Score
Always enjoyed his insights
especially the years I spent on the CR forum. Great Poster with interesting views.
RIP and my condolences to his family and friends.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to let everyone know, but Boneyard legend Tim "Pudge" White has died. It was esophageal cancer and it came about quickly. It was just last November he was planning on coming to a FB game but had to postpone because he didn't feel well. He was still counting on coming to the Spring Game. But when we visited him instead he didn't look well, and to make things worse, he lost his mother the next day. We met a tailgate early on in UConn FB history and kept in touch. I'm going to miss him terribly and so will the Yard I think. He was one of the originals.
RIP

Reaction Score
This helps explain why some of his posts became more disjointed and hard to follow. This was a highly intelligent guy. While I’m sad he’s gone, I’m happy to hear that rather than losing his marbles, he was just fading away physically. I was concerned for him, this makes more sense. Rest In Peace.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Never met him. Never knew him. But he was one of those posters that you just recognized bc he’s been here so long and had a lot to add. The boneyard isn’t quite the same today as it was when he was a regular. RIP.

Reaction Score
Met him during a tailgate back when we had a real FB team. I think Orlvasky’s dad brought him around. Genuinely good guy from my limited interactions. Always insightful and passionate poster. Condolences to his family and friends

Reaction Score
I too, like the idea of a memorial page. This is something that I thought about for Facebook as well. I wished someone, who I met briefly but knew mostly from Facebook, Happy Birthday one year only to realize that he had passed away.

Reaction Score
Boneyard doesn't seem the same without you Pudge. RIP

Reaction Score
Good Grief, may he rest in peace. Condolences to his personal and Boneyard family.
I posted this May 4 #17 along with a photo of Snoopy lying on his belly in tears. It was here for days, had multiple folks who liked it and now I see my post was taken down.
Not sure why and never given an explanation but I find it sad as it was totally only a tribute to Pudge. Some may say copy write infringement but it was no more than the Pudge avatar from the same family.
May he forever circle UConn athletics on The Dog House Sopwith Camel. ;)

Reaction Score
I posted this May 4 #17 along with a photo of Snoopy lying on his belly in tears. It was here for days, had multiple folks who liked it and now I see my post was taken down.
Not sure why and never given an explanation but I find it sad as it was totally only a tribute to Pudge. Some may say copy write infringement but it was no more than the Pudge avatar from the same family.
May he forever circle UConn athletics on The Dog House Sopwith Camel. ;)
It wasn’t taken down - you posted it in the thread on the Football Forum, RIP Pudge - not in this thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom