RIP Pudge | The Boneyard

RIP Pudge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to let everyone know, but Boneyard legend Tim "Pudge" White has died. It was esophageal cancer and it came about quickly. It was just last November he was planning on coming to a FB game but had to postpone because he didn't feel well. He was still counting on coming to the Spring Game. But when we visited him instead he didn't look well, and to make things worse, he lost his mother the next day. We met a tailgate early on in UConn FB history and kept in touch. I'm going to miss him terribly and so will the Yard I think. He was one of the originals.

Last edited:

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I only know most of you by your avatars. His was iconic summing up UConn football! RIP
364.jpg

Reaction Score
Oh man.......we never met, but exchanged many a post over the years. Loved his writing style and he was a true fan.

Thanks for all the good posts Pudge!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My God. So sorry to hear that, he was a good guy. May he rest in peace.

Tailgated with him a couple times at football games many years ago. Sad that he won't be able to see the results of coach Mora's work. Even sadder that he passed at (what at least I consider) a young age.

This board now has a void.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Tim and I once made Jeff Hathaway run away from us at an athletics donor cocktail party.

He had some absolutely off the wall ideas about the SUNY schools becoming athletic powers. I’ll miss telling my friend just how off the wall they were.

(Edit: When we were with Scout, he once made a prominent Connecticut athletic opinion columnist so mad that he called me and hinted that I would have trouble with the Tribune lawyers if I did not get Tim to stop.)

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to let everyone know, but Boneyard legend Tim "Pudge" White has died. It was esophageal cancer and it came about quickly. It was just last November he was planning on coming to a FB game but had to postpone because he didn't feel well. He was still counting on coming to the Spring Game. But when we visited him instead he didn't look well, and to make things worse, he lost his mother the next day. We met a a tailgate early on in UConn FB history and kept in touch. I'm going to miss him terribly and so will the Yard I think. He was one of the originals.
That's terrible news, far too young. RIP to your friend.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just awful news. RIP Pudge.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to let everyone know, but Boneyard legend Tim "Pudge" White has died. It was esophageal cancer and it came about quickly. It was just last November he was planning on coming to a FB game but had to postpone because he didn't feel well. He was still counting on coming to the Spring Game. But when we visited him instead he didn't look well, and to make things worse, he lost his mother the next day. We met a a tailgate early on in UConn FB history and kept in touch. I'm going to miss him terribly and so will the Yard I think. He was one of the originals.
RIP Pudge! You will be missed.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
holy this is bad news. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics