RIP MF Doom | The Boneyard

RIP MF Doom

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Most surprising part is his family kept it quiet for 2 months in this age of social media
Very smart of them to do so. He might not be one of the more popular guys but he has a very large, mixed, international cult following. It’ll get weird in some cases.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Very smart of them to do so. He might not be one of the more popular guys but he has a very large, mixed, international cult following. It’ll get weird in some cases.

You've got a ton of hip hop knowledge, ever think of writing or a pod cast? Your avatar and your love for MF Doom means you listen well outside of the mainstream.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Hip Hop head going back to Sugar Hill Gang, RUN-DMC, Biggie, Wu Tang through to the present. I've never heard of him. I guess a-Googling I must go....

Reaction Score
Kid down the hall from me in my freshman dorm put me onto Operation Doomsday in 2002 and I was a stan ever since. That album along with a few others got me thru the freshman blues, the Special Herbs instrumental projects were my go to music of choice for background music for all nighters throughout college. Dope to see so many rappers and producers from multiple eras of rap pay homage on social media, dude was loved.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Kid down the hall from me in my freshman dorm put me onto Operation Doomsday in 2002 and I was a stan ever since. That album along with a few others got me thru the freshman blues, the Special Herbs instrumental projects were my go to music of choice for background music for all nighters throughout college. Dope to see so many rappers and producers from multiple eras of rap pay homage on social media, dude was loved.
Great post. I think it's pretty cool @Horatio 's OP has gotten so much love here in our little slice too.

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Hip Hop head going back to Sugar Hill Gang, RUN-DMC, Biggie, Wu Tang through to the present. I've never heard of him. I guess a-Googling I must go....
Ok. Did the obligatory Google search and Wiki read. Still have no idea who he was. He was truly elusive. I guess I wasn't worthy to receive him.

Reaction Score
Ok. Did the obligatory Google search and Wiki read. Still have no idea who he was. He was truly elusive. I guess I wasn't worthy to receive him.
You've probably at least heard him on this track back when he went by Zev Luv X, he had arguably the greatest 2nd act in Hip Hop when he re-invented himself and came back on the scene as DOOM.

Reaction Score
I never really got into him but a couple friends have been texting me lyrics all day. He was loved by many and has his place in hip hop history. RIP.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I remember him from his first act in the group KMD ( early 90’s?). One of the group members was tragically killed after being struck by a car. That was his brother. After some time he came back out and adopted the entire persona of the villain Dr. Doom from Marvel’s Fantastic Four. He wore the mask and everything. I’m a comic book and Hip Hop fanatic so it was incredible to see him pull it off. Nobody ever did that and got respected as a real MC. He died being regarded as “your favorite Mc’s favorite Mc”. He had a solid run being a guest and featured artist on Adult Swim for a while.

Reaction Score

1000% pure Hip Hop. One of the best that ever did it. Microwave Mayonnaise forever!!!! RIP Victor
Not gunna lie, wasn't too familiar with MF Doom. I think I heard him for the first time a few months ago. Oddly enough, probably around the time he passed.

Rest in peace my friend. If you can, put in a good word for my Huskies

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

1000% pure Hip Hop. One of the best that ever did it. Microwave Mayonnaise forever!!!! RIP Victor
But of.course, my dude w/ the Gangstar Avatar. When I heard the news I thought to share with BY. I know there were those who would want to know. Thank you Horatio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom