RIP Kib | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RIP Kib

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Talked with @Tonyc yesterday. It was a tough loss not only for Kib's family, but for Tony's too. They were close friends.

I met David numerous times at hoops games, etc. Talked with Donna, his wife, many times as well, and also got to meet Dana, his daughter - quite talented musically.

The world is a sadder place for his loss RIP David.
Eric, can you post a link to the obituary?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
RIP Kibitzer. You will be missed. No doubt some one will pick up the baton and carry it forward during the season. “The Kibitzer Bad Ass Award“ will continue to be awarded to a deserving UConn player after each UConn game for years to come.
From this day hence the postgame Bad Ass thread should absolutely be as you suggest @Carnac: "The Kibitzer Bad Ass Award". I nominate you as custodian!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Very distressing news indeed. A very interesting guy and a lovely family. A true patroit. A decorated veteran. A true UConn Women's Basketball fan. A true Boneyarder. Rest in peace my friend. I salute you. CTyankee.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
When I googled in search of his obituary, I found a number of stories about our departed colleague. Here's one of them.

Reaction Score
When I googled in search of his obituary, I found a number of stories about our departed colleague. Here's one of them.

Thank you for the find.

CL82

Reaction Score

Impressive.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Talk about a life well lived. All I can say is “Hooah!”

Reaction Score
I really shook my good Friend Kib has passed. I really dont know what to say. We had alot of great time together. He became my friend in 1995 when UConn began its quest to dominance. He introduced me to the Boneyard back then. We spent alot of time together at the American Legion in Norwalk havin a few belts. Kib could be found there every afternoon with the boys. He could drink me under under the table, lol as I can not hold it as well as him. What a character. Wit, charisma, and love of the UConn Womens BB team. Im so sorry. Tears are running down my face as I pray for him.

Mrs Kib is an angel. She was there along with Dana by his side making his life as peaceful and with love as they could. Funny thing about women, they take care of their men and Mrs Kib and Dana did that. Dana a great pianist and terrific violinist played his favorite songs until his last breath. Mrs Kib and I were at the American Legion ceremony this morning and Kib passed a half hour after she got home. He waited for his soul mate to get home. True Love. I salute you David Cole may you rest in peace.

God Bless you Kib

Go Huskies

Tonyc
Sad day indeed. RIP and prayers for his family!

Reaction Score
RIP Kib. Also, prayers for Mrs. Kib, Dana, and the rest of the family. May comfort, healing and peace guide you through this difficult time, while joyful memories of Kib remind you of the good times you had together.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
damn... condolences to Kib's family and friends, I'm sure HuskyBill will be happy to see him! Love these guys

CL82

Reaction Score
Hi Friends and fellow Boneyarders
Dana aka cheesedanish and I aka Mrs. Kib want to thank you for all of your well wishes. Especially honored that you are going to keep the Badass Award going in his name. He was a Badass right up to the end. we kept at home, celebrated his 89th birthday on July 10th. He passed peacefully in my arms as Dana played Amazing Grace on her violin as he took his last breath. He will make his final jump at Arlington DTBD.
I will try not to be a stranger on the board and will let you know when he makes his final landing spot in Arlington. GO AIRBORNE
Thanks for sharing that. It was a really beautiful passing.

You all are lucky to have each other. Please know that you, Dana and, of course, Kib have been in my prayers. Keep us informed and don't hesitate to stop by.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom