RIP John "Ecstasy" Fletcher of Whodini | The Boneyard

RIP John "Ecstasy" Fletcher of Whodini

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Loved these Brooklyn boys. For those uninitiated, Fletcher was pretty much the face of Whodini with that hat. For me this, the early era of Hip Hop, was the most interesting and fun filled time. Soon after this era of Grand Master Flash and Run-DMC I lost interest in what I saw as a self serving, pastiche, phony socially aware, money grabbing genre. I still have some respect for some wordsmiths such as Jay-Z, but this was the time when it was all about being young and enjoying your life with one another. RIP to Fletcher and condolences to his extended Hip Hop family.

Reaction Score
Loved these Brooklyn boys. For those uninitiated, Fletcher was pretty much the face of Whodini with that hat. For me this, the early era of Hip Hop, was the most interesting and fun filled time. Soon after this era of Grand Master Flash and Run-DMC I lost interest in what I saw as a self serving, pastiche, phony socially aware, money grabbing genre. I still have some respect for some wordsmiths such as Jay-Z, but this was the time when it was all about being young and enjoying your life with one another. RIP to Fletcher and condolences to his extended Hip Hop family.
I agree 100%. Heavy D, Fat Boys, etc. they put out great music where you would go to the club and have a great time. Then Public Enemy got large and that was the end of rap as we knew it.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Whodini's "Haunted House of Rock" is probably the only rap to ever name check the Grateful Dead. May the four winds blow John "Esctasy" Fletcher safely home ♥️

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom