RIP Jazz | The Boneyard

RIP Jazz

Reaction Score
B85DAEF4-5FC5-4D5C-8972-E902CF2EA8E1.jpeg

Reaction Score
I was going through a family crisis at the time and remember when it first broke.

It was early morning and I knew a few of the parents who were giving me updates.

The pain they were feeling, along with my situation and the overall devastation the boneyard was feeling, is something I've never felt before.

Hope his family is well.

RIP Jazz 365

Reaction Score
Found out while eating breakfast at Bickfords in Enfield. Heartbreaking.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Still think Jazz's story, including how REv1 and UConn dealt with the tragedy would make a great book and movie.

They might not have gone to the BCS bowl, but that was the best team in UConn history.

In that sports movie... Notre Dame would be the great obstacle to overcome, winning that game (FINALLY one for Jazz!) would be the climax of the movie. The rest of the season would be captured in a montage of cutscenes culminating with the drubbing of USC. The movie would end with his daughter unveiling the #6 memorial. That story is practically gift-wrapped for Disney.

Reaction Score
Its a tough story to tell. You have to make it about Jazz otherwise he becomes a story line used to make a movie about Randy Edsall or the team. Its a fine line to tell the story and respect Jazz in the process.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Its a tough story to tell. You have to make it about Jazz otherwise he becomes a story line used to make a movie about Randy Edsall or the team. Its a fine line to tell the story and respect Jazz in the process.
That's exactly the story. Being raised in a tough area, parents thinking that he was safe, etc. I agree that REv1 is huge part as well. His pulling that team together was as fine a coaching job as I have ever seen. It was extraordinarily painful for him, as is obvious in the ND post game interview. It was very moving. As was the way the community came together including the candlelight vigil.

Reaction Score
Still think Jazz's story, including how REv1 and UConn dealt with the tragedy would make a great book and movie.

I've often thought the same thing. Some interesting subplots could be woven in too like Zach Fraser returning to ND as a starting QB and playing a significant role in helping UConn get the win for Jazz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom