OT: - RIP Hank Aaron | The Boneyard

OT: RIP Hank Aaron

Reaction Score
Oh Wow! I came her to get to check out basketball news and get hit with a bat. I remember him very well, and his dramatic record breaking homer.

Great Man, Great Athlete, Great Baseball Player. If there is a better word than great, he can claim it.

Reaction Score
His playing career pre dates me. He had one of the better ESPN SportsCentury documentaries. They did a nice job stressing he was not really thought of as a home run guy. Suddenly after two decades of hitting 30-40 home runs he was within reach of the career record. Kinda neat

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He played on some very good Braves teams. He and Eddie Mathews were a top notch threat and they had great pitching including Warren Spahn. Part of my youth. An excellent human being blessed with great talent. RIP.

Reaction Score
Oh Wow! I came her to get to check out basketball news and get hit with a bat. I remember him very well, and his dramatic record breaking homer.

Great Man, Great Athlete, Great Baseball Player. If there is a better word than great, he can claim it.
A like to this post is simply not enough. One of the greatest and most respected human beings - EVER. What this man had to endure was unbelievable.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He had over 12 more miles between the bases than any other player in baseball history. Top 5 player of all-time and the best baseball man ever, one of the greatest Americans who ever lived.

That seems impossible to have 12 miles more bases than anyone else, but I'll be damned.

722 more total bases than Musial at #2. And 722x90 is a bit more than 12 miles.

Reaction Score
Crazy. Another legend gone. My pops is a big giants fan. Had no idea it was almost him and willie Mays in the same outfield together. Imagine that. 2021 not starting off great either

Reaction Score

I always wondered if Hank heard the footsteps of the two teens who were running behind him, if he had any idea what was happening, if he thought he could be killed when he felt them slap his back in congratulations. An off duty cop who was a part of the security detail had his hand around the grip of his gun as it was unfolding.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Simply one of the greatest players and ambassadors for the game who ever lived or will ever live. I think I saw him once as a kid, when Milwaukee came to Fenway. That total bases record is really a testament to how great he was as an overall player.

RIP to a legend.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
That era Milwaukee Brave club should have been a multi-year dynasty.

I heard on WFAN just now that Hank signed with the then Boston Braves because they offered him $50 more a month than the NY Giants. Imagine how many more rings the Giants would have won with Hank and Willie Mays on the same team. All over $50.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Lightning wrists. Always remember the All Star games when he and other legends (Banks, Clemente, Mays) used to beat the AL all the time so much so that as a Yankees fan I actually disliked the Red Sox less than the NL. After growing up I realized how great those players in the NL were.

RIP Hank.

Here is a post from Yahoo:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom