RIP Diana Rigg | The Boneyard

RIP Diana Rigg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Longtime Husky Nan avatar Diana Rigg has just died. Talk about a great run. She began her TV career as an icon and almost 60 years later she was still a TV icon. And inbetween she was a great classical stage actress and played the only character to marry James Bond!

Reaction Score
Longtime Husky Nan avatar Diana Rigg has just died. Talk about a great run. She began her TV career as an icon and almost 60 years later she was still a TV icon. And inbetween she was a great classical stage actress and played the only character to marry James Bond!
Couple questions..
Which Bond & which movie?
Just curious.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Couple questions..
Which Bond & which movie?
Just curious.
It was George Lazenby's On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Roger Moore laid flowers on her grave in For Your Eyes Only.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
1599757814244.png
:(

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
RIP Mrs. Peel

Thank you @RockyMTblue2 . That made my day, week and possibly month. One could never have too much Emma Peel. This was my Dad's favorite show and he was enthralled with Ms Rigg. He is gone now, and I am really not sure where he landed. But I hope he runs into her wherever. It will make it all worthwhile!

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
RIP

A pretty face I've gotten used to through the years.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Beautiful and talented. The Avengers was great. And the recent deaths of celebs more or less my contemporaries hits home, especially when the image in the mind is of all of them at the height of their fame.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
From The Avengers to Game of Thrones, this classy woman graced the screen with her beauty, wit, charm, intelligence and sophistication. Although most here are old enough (as I) to remember her as Mrs. Peel, for me she will always be personified by the shrewd, insightful, smart and elegant Olenna Tyrell. This all when GOT didn't take the viewers intelligence, psyche, emotions, and ability to understand nuance for granted. RIP to a grand Dame...and &%#k 2020.

Reaction Score
I never forgave the producers of the Avengers for letting he go.

Reaction Score
The Avengers. One of the first really great shows to come to us from across the pond. The acting and plots were so far beyond some of the garbage we are subjected to now. Very little violence (the main chacacter's deadly weapon was an unbrella.) Diana Rigg fit her role like a glove and was actually one of the first female heroines in a series.

Reaction Score
Z, the producers did not let her go. That was her decesion. She didn't want to be typecast but I think it was too late for that wish to come true.

Reaction Score
Ah, Emma Peel. Definitely an influence on my understanding of what the feminine ideal was for me as a kid. Fun fact. George Lazenby was married to Pam Shriver in real life.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think she left to play in the Bond movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" She got the Mrs Peel role when Honor Blackman left the Avengers where she played Cathy Gale. Ms Blackman was one of the most famous "Bond girls" and left Steed for Bond playing Ms P. Galore. There is a story that Diana found out she was paid less than the cameraman in her first year as Peel and nearly bolted before getting a huge raise. Needless to say, Patrick McNee had some lovely partners.

Reaction Score
Patrick McNee. Not a "pretty boy". used his umbrella as a weapon, dressed impeccabley , actually spoke the King's english. The exact opposite of today's "leading man". But was memorable in the role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom