RIP David Crosby | The Boneyard

RIP David Crosby

Reaction Score
For the record, no pun intended, Crosby's last few records (especially his last) were brilliant. One of the only legends of the 60s who stayed pretty much true to his style rarely cheesy. (Hey, even HERO with Phil Collins is great.)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Garcia with the "no look pass"

cros.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great musician but whacked in the head - took everything a step too far
Saw him many times with CSNY/CSN in concert and once as a guest appearance with Rita Coolidge outside of Bethel NY.
Sometimes he was on top of the game and other times Graham Nash looked like he was going to kill him because Crosby was "off" his game.
At least Jerry could perform without his feet touching the ground.
If I Could Only Remember My Name is a classic album
RIP David Crosby

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
Move in day freshman year in a jungle ‘93. My roommate, who I had just met, had 4 Way Street blasting. First time I had ever heard it. My all time favorite album since that day.

Reaction Score
Move in day freshman year in a jungle ‘93. My roommate, who I had just met, had 4 Way Street blasting. First time I had ever heard it. My all time favorite album since that day.
One of my favorites as well. That album was on the turntable frequently 3rd floor Wright late 70s. Deju Vu another favorite.

Reaction Score
Great tenor voice which complemented the harmonies of the * Byrds and CSN and CSN & Y
A pain in the butt to work with and later apologized to his band mates for his sometimes insane behavior. He almost got the Byrds cancelled. from the Ed Sullivan Show because he got in a fight with the program director . Ed’s son in law .

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Great tenor voice which complemented the harmonies of the * Byrds and CSN and CSN & Y
A pain in the butt to work with and later apologized to his band mates for his sometimes insane behavior. He almost got the Byrds cancelled. from the Ed Sullivan Show because he got in a fight with the program director . Ed’s son in law .
Got to wonder what it was like for Stills and Nash to be between two perfectionists like Neil Young and David Crosby.

Reaction Score
He almost cut his hair. But he never did. ;-)

For anybody that hasn't checked out the CSNY 1971 live album "Four Way Street". Please do. It's an overlooked gem.

Reaction Score
@alexd Their solo sets ae the best part. That and the 11 minute southern man
Neil's solo on "Don't Let it Bring You Down" is by far the best version of his song that he ever recorded......As to David Crosby's passing, even in death not too many folks have many kind words to say about him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom