OT: - Ring Cycle from the Met | The Boneyard

OT: Ring Cycle from the Met

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Metropolitan Opera has been streaming one HD opera a night and on Tuesday they're starting Wagner's Ring Cycle. These are the opera's where the fat lady famously sings. Four operas, all over four hours long makes for quite a bit of entertainment if you like that kind of thing. They really do a nice job presenting the show and the sound is fantastic.

Last edited:

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Each opera is available beginning at 7:30 p.m. and continuing to 3:30 p.m. the next afternoon. Tonight's opera is Tristan and Isolde. Wagner continues every night this week, concluding with Tannhauser on Sunday. It's a great gift to opera lovers like myself. Here's a link:

Met Opera

Keep in mind that you can access each day's opera between 7:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. the next afternoon. You cannot access any of the operas between 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin, with Dmitri Hvorostovsky and Renee Fleming - a wonderful opera with two great superstars - is currently available until 3:30 p.m. today.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that you can access each day's opera between 7:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. the next afternoon.
Thankfully they just moved the ending time up to 6:30 from 3:30.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Count this as another recommendation I didn't think I'd find here.

Does this mean that they are streamable at no cost through the MET web site and can be Chromecast or otherwise put up on larger screen?
Or via an app?
Or as part of 7-day trial that requires login?
Or what?

I'm asking because, I have shifted to New location away from home and haven't yet set up Roku.

Depending on how friction-free this is, I can re-order certain behaviors between food prep, home entertainment, etc.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Get the Met On Demand App. I did so on my Roku TV but any streaming device will do. You don't have to sign up (there are logins and sign ups available but they are not necessary for this.) Once in the app, scroll over and click "Browse & Preview". From there, the freebie is on the top left. Click and your in. And it's not just a camera pointed at the stage. The cuts serve to enhance the story, they really do a nice job. It's the best use of my home entertainment system speakers to date.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm going to pass. I'm on a 4 day streak of MTV's Ridiculousness and Bar Rescue.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm going to pass. I'm on a 4 day streak of MTV's Ridiculousness and Bar Rescue.
But once you see a guy drive his scooter directly into a lightpole, stagger to his feet in a daze, then have the entire pole fall directly on top of his head, what's left?

Reaction Score
But once you see a guy drive his scooter directly into a lightpole, stagger to his feet in a daze, then have the entire pole fall directly on top of his head, what's left?

There's all sorts of drunken antics, redneck antics, drunken redneck antics. And Chanel West Coast is there.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
The Metropolitan Opera has been streaming one HD opera a night and on Tuesday they're starting Wagner's Ring Cycle. These are the opera's where the fat lady famously sings. Four operas, all over four hours long makes for quite a bit of entertainment if you like that king of thing. They really do a nice job presenting the show and the sound is fantastic.
As I said to the frau, haven't I suffered enough?

she will be watching.

Reaction Score
1585003058534.png

Reaction Score
Dang! When I saw the post title,I thought that you could get a phone ring singing the New York Mets theme song.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dang! When I saw the post title,I thought that you could get a phone ring singing the New York Mets theme song.
Well don't fret then; here you go:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom