Right Move, but . . . | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Right Move, but . . .

Reaction Score
I really don’t get why our own fans are saying this stuff about abandoning football. We’ve been booking games years out, we are recruiting well and the new president is on record saying he believes playing FBS football is important and worth the investment. Of course, something could change, but our own fan base needs to show a little confidence. Pretty hard to attract new fans when our current fans keep saying negative crap.

Reaction Score
You realize the CTE study data was uncovered to be fraudulent... .
Are you taking a position of no link? Hard to understand what you are going for with such an ambiguous blanket statement and no facts. One study has bad data therefore CTE doesn't exist?

Reaction Score
I really don’t get why our own fans are saying this stuff about abandoning football. We’ve been booking games years out, we are recruiting well and the new president is on record saying he believes playing FBS football is important and worth the investment. Of course, something could change, but our own fan base needs to show a little confidence. Pretty hard to attract new fans when our current fans keep saying negative crap.
I don’t understand this either.. . the basketball fans should be happy now that the team is back in the Big East.. it’s time for us all to support the football team as an independent now And just be a UConn fan..period.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I have not been online due to down trees and other fun issues due to the tropical storm.

When I first heard about his I was upset and not sure how much science is behind the decision. My guess it was the players and others with a possible 4 game schedule that pushed this to happen.

Maybe we will get lucky and they will end up playing in the spring, but I don't think that will happen.

I will miss UConn football this season and sitting in my seat cheering on our Huskies to win.

This virus sucks

Reaction Score
Are you taking a position of no link? Hard to understand what you are going for with such an ambiguous blanket statement and no facts. One study has bad data therefore CTE doesn't exist?
The fundamental data establishing a statistically valid causal link between head trauma and CTE was fabricated.

Reaction Score
Because a sizable portion of the UConn fanbase was never for the jump in class in football and have been fighting it since then.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because a sizable portion of the UConn fanbase was never for the jump in class in football and have been fighting it since then.
No, the fans complaining here are the FB first, UConn 2nd group. Small but loud.

Reaction Score
The fundamental data establishing a statistically valid causal link between head trauma and CTE was fabricated.
Thanks for all the facts and data. It would be one thing to say that there's some controversy surrounding Bennet Omalu but to disregard every scientific study ever done linking head trauma and CTE... So thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom