Rest in Peace, Bill Russell. | The Boneyard

Rest in Peace, Bill Russell.

Reaction Score
Delivered the goods in the form of championships in a town that loves winners... He won at every level he played at.
A proud man with tons of wisdom learned from the challenges he accepted in Life.

Red had an eye for talent and Russ was responsible for a lot of victory cigars being lit up in the Garden.

RIP. Bill

Reaction Score
A true champion….

Bill’s two state championships in high school offered a glimmer of the incomparable run of pure team accomplishment to come: twice an NCAA champion; captain of a gold-medal winning US Olympic team; 11 times an NBA champion; and at the helm for two NBA championships as the first Black head coach of any North American professional sports team.

"Along the way, Bill earned a string of individual awards that stands unprecedented as it went unmentioned by him. In 2009, the award for the NBA Finals most valuable player was renamed after two-time Hall of Famer as the "Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award

Reaction Score
Whenever I talk basketball with my students, I always bring up Russell as he’s the one great that gets most forgotten by today’s youth.

One of my most cherished sports memories was running into Bill Russell and Julius Erving in Bermuda about 13 years ago.

I was getting off a sunset sail and walked back to the pool area of the hotel, and I see the two wearing all white linen, looking like they’re straight out of heaven. Just awe-inspiring.

Top-3 NBA player of all-time along with Jordan and LeBron and a class act through and through.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The greatest winner in the history of team sports. Legend is used too lightly, but not in his case. RIP Bill.

And for those who asked, "What's that supposed to mean?," here's the record:

A true champion….

Bill’s two state championships in high school offered a glimmer of the incomparable run of pure team accomplishment to come: twice an NCAA champion; captain of a gold-medal winning US Olympic team; 11 times an NBA champion; and at the helm for two NBA championships as the first Black head coach of any North American professional sports team.

"Along the way, Bill earned a string of individual awards that stands unprecedented as it went unmentioned by him. In 2009, the award for the NBA Finals most valuable player was renamed after two-time Hall of Famer as the "Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award

And a giant off the court as well.

It's beautiful and comforting to read that so many here get it.

Reaction Score
The one and only Mr Bill Russell. Rest in peace gentle soul and thank you for all the memories.

Hall Of Fame Lol GIF by NBA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom