Report from Gampel from Monday afternoon skills work | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Report from Gampel from Monday afternoon skills work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Has Jordan Adams committed yet? Are we still recruiting her? Is this Jordan?

According to the horde we are NOT recruiting anyone other than Xylina McDaniels in the class of 2012. That does't mean she couldn't have visited campus on her own dime and kids like KML and Lauren she may know. The NCAA rules concerning unofficial visits are extensive and detailed.

I do think it is unlikely Jordan.

Reaction Score
Blake, thanks for the insight. One of my fondest memories of SR is from a game with ,I forget who,Georgetown, Rutgers, Boston. Anyway, It was a little rough, and at one point, during a stoppage, Shea ran all the way down the court, corraled an opposing player, grabbed a handful of shirt(ouch), and, well, you couldn't hear what she said, but, you could SEE it. Ah, the good old days!!!

Reaction Score
Was that when an opposing player pushed Svet from behind on a breakaway and she went flying ino the backstop? I think I remember Shea jumping right in and confronting someone. Loved that girl's intensity.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Was that when an opposing player pushed Svet from behind on a breakaway and she went flying ino the backstop? I think I remember Shea jumping right in and confronting someone. Loved that girl's intensity.
well Semeka Randall and Sveta got into it going for a loose ball and Semeka was overly aggressive, maybe even committing a flagrant foul, which led to a chorus of boos that followed her thru the end of her career, as far as UCONN fans were concerned, hence earning her the nickname Boo. not sure if Shea got all up in her face at that point tho...

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I too am confused to who Lauren might have had with her.
Any chance it was her twin sister(not identical)?
Jordan Adams had her official this past weekend at USC and I believe is scheduled for an official this weekend at UCLA. I think 2 weeks later another official at Duke. UT visit scheduled for October.
Doubt it was a Samuelson sister as they started HS and most kids dont take visits on a Monday when Blake viewed the practice.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I too am confused to who Lauren might have had with her.
Any chance it was her twin sister(not identical)?
Jordan Adams had her official this past weekend at USC and I believe is scheduled for an official this weekend at UCLA. I think 2 weeks later another official at Duke. UT visit scheduled for October.
Doubt it was a Samuelson sister as they started HS and most kids dont take visits on a Monday when Blake viewed the practice.

I disagree with your signature :)

Reaction Score
No, Miracle. Two seperate instances. The instance you are thinking of was in a game with Tenn. and involved Svet-see Erics post. Shea wasn't involved in that one. By the way, Randall commited what I consider a flagrant foul on Svet, injuring her back.

Reaction Score
well Semeka Randall and Sveta got into it going for a loose ball and Semeka was overly aggressive, maybe even committing a flagrant foul, which led to a chorus of boos that followed her thru the end of her career, as far as UCONN fans were concerned, hence earning her the nickname Boo. not sure if Shea got all up in her face at that point tho...

Reaction Score
I was at the game when Shea ran the length of the court to protect Svet. The official screamed at Shea to act like a captain, She replied "that's what I'm doing".

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was at the game when Shea ran the length of the court to protect Svet. The official screamed at Shea to act like a captain, She replied "that's what I'm doing".
seriously? that's awesome! way to go Shea!

Reaction Score
No I'm not thinking of the scrum with Randall on the floor. This was a push from behind on a breakaway layup. Can't remember for the life of me what game that was. Pretty sure it was a Big East contest though. :confused:

Reaction Score
No I'm not thinking of the scrum with Randall on the floor. This was a push from behind on a breakaway layup. Can't remember for the life of me what game that was. Pretty sure it was a Big East contest though. :confused:
It was not the Randall scrum. Svet was pushed from behind.

Reaction Score
Nice work.

If not Karlie Samuelson, then who???

Brianna Butler goes to Nazareth HS in Brooklyn and she is still uncommitted. Without knowing what the mystery player looked like, my guess would be her since Lorin and Bria are both from NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom