Report Card vs Binghampton | The Boneyard

Report Card vs Binghampton

Reaction Score
T. Martin- 8.5: Another great game all around. A dog's dog.
J. Hawkins- 7.5: The confidence in this kid, I haven't seen anything like it. But when you have a sweet stroke like he does, why not. He's got my green light. Also, his defense is leaps ahead of the freshman curve. This will earn him his minutes. Big big big time player for us this year.
A. Jackson- 7.5*: Loved seeing another three ball go down. His intensity can be unmatched at times on the floor. 8 rebounds and 3 assists are stats we're going to need consistently this year.
J. Gaffney- 7.0: Pretty sound game from Gaffney again. His 3 ball continues to impress.
T. Polley- 7.0: Maybe his best game to date. Thought he should have played a few more minutes for it, but from who?! Team's too deep!
A. Sanogo- 7.0*: Mediocre game, clearly saving his good stuff for Auburn. Liked that he shot through an early cold streak; those post moves are bound to hit at a high clip.
A. Akok- 6.5: Absolutely loving his stroke outside the perimeter. Such a valuable off the bench addition for our team. He's still 1/2 a step slow on some blocks, but I have no doubt that will be improved as the season progresses.
I. Whaley- 6.5: 10 rebounds in 17 minutes, love to see it. More of the same for Whaley, still looking for him to take that step up we know he's capable up. Maybe the bigger stage will bring it out of him as it did last year.
S. Johnson- 6.5: Brought his lunch pale for those garbage minutes. Good work downlow. His height is an unmistakeable advantage in this college game.
R. Cole- 5.5: Everyone has those days. Nonetheless, a nice wake up call before the bright lights come on.

Player of the Match- T. Martin: He could have got POTM last game too. He's shown more consistency than any player on this team.
Notes- Not great overall. Coach put it best: "we looked bored out there", and frankly, can you blame the players for it? 4th cup cake team in a row, while their peers are playing national caliber talent, and getting all the exposure/love. No one's fault here, but you can tell these kids are ready for a challenge. I thought Binghampton exposed some of our defensive weaknesses; could make for valuable game-film for the coaches.
P.S- Some people asked about how my girlfriend's doing . . . well, turns out her coworker sent her that Report Card vs CCSU, the one exposing my take on her facial physique/personality. She was pretty displeased with the "dog in the face" remark, otherwise, content with her overall score. She put me in the DOG HOUSE for the night, Ha. She's sweet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sanogo and Jackson need a bump IMO.

Jackson was the sparkplug for our team today. He noticably elevates our energy. An effecient 9/8/3 with a pair of steal and a pair of blocks is 7.5 worthy in my book. Andre clearly put in the work this offseason.

Also 12/5 in over 50% shooting is great from Sanogo. A basket or two more would be nice, but that's a really solid line to get from a starting C in 25 mins. The only thing I don't like is his hedge defense. I think we need to be a bit more selective with it overall.

Reaction Score
Sanogo and Jackson need a bump IMO.

Jackson was the sparkplug for our team today. He noticably elevates our energy. An effecient 9/8/3 with a pair of steal and a pair of blocks is 7.5 worthy in my book. Andre clearly put in the work this offseason.

Also 12/5 in over 50% shooting is great from Sanogo. A basket or two more would be nice, but that's a really solid line to get from a starting C in 25 mins. The only thing I don't like is his hedge defense. I think we need to be a bit more selective with it overall.
I vehemently agree with all of this actually. Corrected**

Reaction Score
Player of the Match- T. Martin: He could have got POTM last game too. He's shown more consistency than any player on this team.
Notes- Not great overall. Coach put it best: "we looked bored out there", and frankly, can you blame the players for it? 4th cup cake team in a row, while their peers are playing national caliber talent, and getting all the exposure/love. No one's fault here, but you can tell these kids are ready for a challenge. I thought Binghampton exposed some of our defensive weaknesses; could make for valuable game-film for the coaches.
P.S- Some people asked about how my girlfriend's doing . . . well, turns out her coworker sent her that Report Card vs CCSU, the one exposing my take on her facial physique/personality. She was pretty displeased with the "dog in the face" remark, otherwise, content with her overall score. She put me in the DOG HOUSE for the night, Ha. She's sweet.
1637438082223.jpeg

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
J. Hawkins- 7.5: The confidence in this kid, I haven't seen anything like it. But when you have a sweet stroke like he does, why not. He's got my green light. Also, his defense is leaps ahead of the freshman curve. This will earn him his minutes. Big big big time player for us this year.
A. Jackson- 7.5*: Loved seeing another three ball go down. His intensity can be unmatched at times on the floor. 8 rebounds and 3 assists are stats we're going to need consistently this year.
J. Gaffney- 7.0: Pretty sound game from Gaffney again. His 3 ball continues to impress.
T. Polley- 7.0: Maybe his best game to date. Thought he should have played a few more minutes for it, but from who?! Team's too deep!
A. Sanogo- 7.0*: Mediocre game, clearly saving his good stuff for Auburn. Liked that he shot through an early cold streak; those post moves are bound to hit at a high clip.
A. Akok- 6.5: Absolutely loving his stroke outside the perimeter. Such a valuable off the bench addition for our team. He's still 1/2 a step slow on some blocks, but I have no doubt that will be improved as the season progresses.
I. Whaley- 6.5: 10 rebounds in 17 minutes, love to see it. More of the same for Whaley, still looking for him to take that step up we know he's capable up. Maybe the bigger stage will bring it out of him as it did last year.
S. Johnson- 6.5: Brought his lunch pale for those garbage minutes. Good work downlow. His height is an unmistakeable advantage in this college game.
R. Cole- 5.5: Everyone has those days. Nonetheless, a nice wake up call before the bright lights come on.

-Oh yes. Sonogo is saving it for Auburn. I sure hope you are right. To me he was scouted by cupcake coaches the last two-three games and gave him fits. Look at the shots he took today close to the rim. He never misses those. Either we came out flat the last two games, or the other team prepared only to get winded.
-I am surprised you didn't score Akok higher.
-Hawkins is not going to be on the bench very long. I cannot wait to see him against team at Atlantis. He plays well there, something will change. My opinion, he looks a tad better than Cole.

Reaction Score

I'm a little surprised you didn't sleep with one eye open in your car.

Reaction Score
Are we getting spoiled by Jackson’s athleticism?

No mention by anyone of that SICK putback dunk and his breakaway dunk. Good lord if he does that during a Big East game, the roof better blow off the building.

Also, I LOVE that our team has each others’ backs and is not gonna take any BS from the other team. That exchange after the hard foul on AJ sends a message to our upcoming teams.

Gawd I love this team…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom