Rennia Davis place at Tennessee | The Boneyard

Rennia Davis place at Tennessee

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
How does Davis rank among the best ever at Tennessee?
Now there is the elite 4.
Candace Parker
Tamika Catchings
Bridgette Gordon
Chamique Holdsclaw
Davis has 36 career double doubles.
1737 points.
15.2 average points.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I gotta think her rank among the all time greats is somewhat limited because of limited success of the team during her career compared to many that came before her. Still pending this year, but no conference titles, no Final 4's, it's just not the same.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good grief.

Not even in the same conversation as Holdsclaw and the others.

No... not just not in the same conversation, it's not even in the same exhibit space.

I get that you're only trying to be Rah-Rah Rennia, but the bombast only cheapens the legacy of the true all-time greats. (Not that I'm opposed to taking shots at Parker's legacy, but that's off topic :cool:).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
“surely, you can’t be serious” with this post and “I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley”.

Never let the truth get in the Way of a good @stwainfan post about Tennessee in a disparate comment about an inconsequential observation of the Lady Vols on a UConn forum.... :cool:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
How does Davis rank among the best ever at Tennessee?
Now there is the elite 4.
Candace Parker
Tamika Catchings
Bridgette Gordon
Chamique Holdsclaw
Davis has 36 career double doubles.
1737 points.
15.2 average points.

Nowhere close to being mentioned among the best. Solid player but she hasn't even played in a single Sweet 16 or earned an AA honor.

Plebe

Reaction Score
“surely, you can’t be serious” with this post and “I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley”.

Never let the truth get in the Way of a good @stwainfan post about Tennessee in a disparate comment about an inconsequential observation of the Lady Vols on a UConn forum.... :cool:
Donning my language nerd hat:

Fun fact about the word "disparate":
—In English: disparate = dissimilar
—In Spanish: disparate = nonsense

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It was just a general question. I did mention the four best players at Tennessee. Not saying Davis is with them. Last year there was also no tournament.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It was just a general question. I did mention the four best players at Tennessee. Not saying Davis is with them. Last year there was also no tournament.
A fact celebrated by many LV fans who feared being demoted to the WNIT.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This team will be in the NCAAT.
giphy-3.gif

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hold on, by listing those four with the headline of Rennia Davis you INFERRED she belonged with them.

Imagine if I or anyone posted Megan Walker, All-American along with the likes of all-time UConn greats Diana Taurasi, Breanna Stewart, Rebecca Lobo and Maya Moore. What vitriol do you think would have come up with that post and Megan was a conference POY AND ALL-AMERICAN, something that RD will never achieve this year (or in any year prior).

Ever see Planes/Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy- "By the way, when you're telling these little stories, here's a good idea. Have a point."

Reaction Score
Davis is possibly the best player UT has had since Parker. She's had some great games but she's had no real opportunity to prove herself on a major stage. The last few years of Summitt and the Warlick era had players who were talented and had good careers but UT ceased to be one of the top programs and while the rosters always had talent the sum of their parts was far below what it should have been.

Davis will go down though as a LV who lived through some dysfunction and could be part of a semi renaissance if the LVs have a strong tournament run. She deserves some credit for hanging in there when times were tough.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Hold on, by listing those four with the headline of Rennia Davis you INFERRED she belonged with them.

Imagine if I or anyone posted Megan Walker, All-American along with the likes of all-time UConn greats Diana Taurasi, Breanna Stewart, Rebecca Lobo and Maya Moore. What vitriol do you think would have come up with that post and Megan was a conference POY AND ALL-AMERICAN, something that RD will never achieve this year (or in any year prior).

Ever see Planes/Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy- "By the way, when you're telling these little stories, here's a good idea. Have a point."
I mentioned the elite four. How a this? Does Davis belong in the top 20 players at Tennessee?
She is in the top 20 in scoring, double doubles, and other stats.

Reaction Score
She’s a hard player to watch. Watching her from Frosh to Junior was awful. Her frosh year she played a ton and literally would just stand still forever during offensive sets. She barely looked alive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom