Renee Montgomery becomes part owner of Atlanta Dream [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Renee Montgomery becomes part owner of Atlanta Dream [merged thread]

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I don't remember the exact words but I recall Geno saying something along the lines of:

'I would have guilty if Renee had left UConn without winning at least one national championship...I felt I would have been letting her down.' [She did win a ring in her last year]

Another Geno comment on Renee: She never had a bad day on the court. [I think he was referring not to whether she was missing shots or turning the ball over...he meant that her joy and attitude towards the game never wavered....never.]

Congratulations to Renee on her new role in the WNBA.

Reaction Score
One of Rene's first phone calls: "Maya, how would you like to play for the Atlanta Dream?"

1614382985274.png

Reaction Score
I wish Renee well but I am leery of Northland which has been in and out of Hartford real estate for years.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
There will be a movie made about this someday. So many levels to how this went down that define the current climate we live in and the change the majority of us hope to see.

Very proud of Renee Montgomery today and many more of the young women who have come through the program over the years. World Class athletes parlaying their talent into true change in the world are few and far between.

Maya, Renee, Sue, Breanna, Diana...... I don't post here often so I'll let the rest of you fill in anyone I forgot.

Special stuff. Very special.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Such great news. I hope she fills that team with UConn players.. and talks Maya into playing again...
And then move the team to Connecticut!

Reaction Score
Hip-Hip-Hooray for RM! She’s so Special!
I’m ordering an Altanta Dream sweatshirt like now, hopefully they are not sold-out!

Reaction Score
Damn! Even Lebron gave her a shout-out. She is making an impact! p.s. I still dont forgive her for the Final Four loss to Stanford ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom