2021 Recruiting: - Remaining Recruits | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Remaining Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6. AJ Griffin- SF- NY (Duke Commit)
10. Aminu Mohammed- SF- DC (1 level 4 crystal ball for Indiana)
16. Trevor Keels- SG- VA
19. Hunter Sallis- CG- NE

23. Jalen Warley- CG- PA (UConn not in top 10)
25. Franck Kepnang- C- PA (1 level 5 crystal ball for A&M)
34. Trey Patterson- SF- NJ (Nova Commit)

44. Benny Williams- SF- MD (Syracuse Commit)
48. Quincy Allen- SF- DC (Colorado Commit)
49. Jordan Hawkins- SG- MD
50. Micawber Etienne- C- NH
54. Rahsool Diggins- PG- PA

55. Roosevelt Wheeler- C- VA
75. Jakai Robinson- SG- MD (1 level 6 crystal ball for Seton Hall)
77. Julian Reese- PF- MD (Maryland Commit)

79. Nnana Njoku- C- DE (Nova Commit)
80. Tyrese Hunter- PG- WI (UConn in top 10)
86. Shane Dezonie- SG- NJ
88- Samson Johnson- PF- NJ
92. Bensley Joseph- PG- MA (Miami Commit)
93. Casey Simmons- SG- MA (Northwestern Commit)
96. Jordan Longino- SG- PA (Nova Commit)

103. Jaylen Blakes- CG- NJ
104. Ike Cornish- SG- MD (Maryland Commit)
112. Stevie Mitchell- PG- PA (UConn not in top 7)

114. John Camden- SF- PA (2 crystal balls for VTech)
117. Angelo Brizzi- PG- VA (Nova Commit)
123. Lucas Taylor- SG- NC
127. Nate Santos- SF- CT
137. Gabe Dorsey- SG- PA (3 crystal balls for Vanderbilt)
139. Ryan Conway- PG- MD (Seton Hall Commit)
140. Brayon Freeman- PG- VA
149. Jordan Riley- SG- NY (Georgetown Commit)
155. Akoldah Gak- PF- NJ

JUCO- El Ellis- PG- FL (Lville Commit)

# of Players- 35
# of Players Remaining- 18
# of Offers- 20
# of Offers Remaining- 13

Hunter, Freeman, and Gak are probably out of consideration given Diggins and Samson

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems to me like Samson Johnson and Jordan Hawkins have to be the priority recruits right now, with Lucas Taylor/Jaylen Blakes being the "plan B."

Just assuming that Sallis and Keels aren't going to be options for us right now.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Seems to me like Samson Johnson and Jordan Hawkins have to be the priority recruits right now, with Lucas Taylor/Jaylen Blakes being the "plan B."

Just assuming that Sallis and Keels aren't going to be options for us right now.
Samson Johnson, Lucas Taylor with the final two spots is my best guess at the moment. Outside shot at Hawkins possibly. Maybe a 2022 SG/Wing reclass.

C

Chief00

I agree. Chief really likes Hawkins.

Reaction Score
Samson Johnson, Lucas Taylor with the final two spots is my best guess at the moment. Outside shot at Hawkins possibly. Maybe a 2022 SG/Wing reclass.

Maybe on Taylor, but Zionn mentioned something in the Riley thread about us backing off of him (Riley) because we are going after bigger fish. I wouldn't necessarily say Taylor is a bigger fish than Riley. I like to think that we are more in on Hawkins and maybe even Keels than we realize. I certainly may be wrong, but I hope I'm right. That being said, I'd also be fine with Blakes or Taylor as a consolation prize.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
There any truth to the rumors that Gayle might reclass, or was that just wishful thinking? If so, I could see him being a major target for that 2/3 spot, too.
I listened to someone on twitter I probably shouldn’t have. I have not heard anything about it from anyone reliable.

I do believe we need a Bouk replacement next for 2021 though the only player on our current roster at the moment who can consistently play that off guard spot is BA, and he’ll be a senior. That’s a pretty important spot in our system.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Maybe on Taylor, but Zionn mentioned something in the Riley thread about us backing off of him (Riley) because we are going after bigger fish. I wouldn't necessarily say Taylor is a bigger fish than Riley. I like to think that we are more in on Hawkins and maybe even Keels than we realize. I certainly may be wrong, but I hope I'm right. That being said, I'd also be fine with Blakes or Taylor as a consolation prize.
I think Taylor is better than a consolation prize. He reminds me a lot of the guards Florida State has brought in recently. There are only a handful of 6’6 guards who can move like this every year. Kids a freak, would be getting minutes day 1 because of his perimeter defense.

Reaction Score
I listened to someone on twitter I probably shouldn’t have. I have not heard anything about it from anyone reliable.

I do believe we need a Bouk replacement next for 2021 though the only player on our current roster at the moment who can consistently play that off guard spot is BA, and he’ll be a senior. That’s a pretty important spot in our system.

Hard pass on Lucas Taylor. We don’t need a role player at the 2 spot.

We need to go hard at either Roddy Gayle who would be my first pick or Jordan Hawkins. Both are really good.

PS: Hurley and the staff like Roddy Gayle.

Reaction Score
Taylor looks great- very quick, quick release on shot, can make space to get his shot off- I see some Bazz in his game, but he reminds me of other players too. He'd be great, I know its just highlights, but I'm impressed!

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Trevor Keels looks really skilled but doesn’t seem to have elite athleticism or size. Does anyone with stronger basketball acumen know what it is about his game that separates him from the pack and puts him at a 5-star rating?

Reaction Score
Trevor Keels looks really skilled but doesn’t seem to have elite athleticism or size. Does anyone with stronger basketball acumen know what it is about his game that separates him from the pack and puts him at a 5-star rating?
that sounds like a description of Cam Thomas, with Keels being a lot bigger (6'5 210 which is good size for a SG) but still lacking the athleticism

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

What happened with Etienne?

Reaction Score
Those Lucas Taylor highlights are impressive. 40% from 3, almost all of them are 5' to 6' behind the arc, and he clearly takes a volume of 3's. 40% from that deep! Takes the ball hard into traffic. 56% from the field. 81% from the line!! 6'6, athletic, aggressive. There is a lot to like. Keels has a big guard body like Cumberland did, I watched the 7 OT game vs Diggans. Keels hit a big 3 at the buzzer to send the game to the first OT I think, but overall he didn't wow me in that game, at Hoophall he was solid. Hawkins I haven't watched. Based on the highlights of Lucas, combined with the excellent stats, I would be thrilled if he turned out to be our guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hard pass on Lucas Taylor. We don’t need a role player at the 2 spot.

We need to go hard at either Roddy Gayle who would be my first pick or Jordan Hawkins. Both are really good.

PS: Hurley and the staff like Roddy Gayle.

yes but they like him for 2022.

Reaction Score
I think Taylor is better than a consolation prize. He reminds me a lot of the guards Florida State has brought in recently. There are only a handful of 6’6 guards who can move like this every year. Kids a freak, would be getting minutes day 1 because of his perimeter defense.

Lot to like there. Looooong, effortless, 3's, mid-range jumpers like RIP, quick with the ball to the basket, finger rolls, dunks. Would be nice to take someone out from under an ACC school in North Carolina too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom