Regionalization concept that would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt to be presented Monday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Regionalization concept that would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt to be presented Monday

Reaction Score
Very interesting read. I know how people laugh at my Rice to AAC predictions, but they have the #2 brand in the conference according to this article (although I would argue they are #1 ahead of North Texas).
Rice was formerly in a major conference and are in Houston Texas
Currently deserted by the AAC
They are extremely prestigious academic school who are AAU
with a 6.6billion endowment.
They have a student to faculty ratio of 6-1
I’m sure they have some serious deep pocket alumni.
Athletics has never been the priority Nobel prizes are.However they also have a small student body. They would essentially be Tulane 2 , but instead of medicine it would be sciences. Kind of an MIT clone with better athletics.
You know at some level Rice and Tulane could definitely be better
but really think
unless they got into the P5 which is unlikely
just skate through to keep the students and alums happy
If we were AAU with that money I suspect we would be in the B1G

Reaction Score
What if things could be really reshuffled. If UConn could be in a FB only conference with UMass, Buffalo, Army, Temple, Navy, Tulane, USF and some others. Would that interest anyone? It would be a stop-gap measure until we get better.

how in the world does this work? You’re asking Tulane, USF, temple and Buffalo to go find another conf for their Olympic sports and presumably do so at a lesser revenue generating level. So, leave your conference and accept less money all so u can play in a misfit fb conference.

Reaction Score
Rice was formerly in a major conference and are in Houston Texas
Currently deserted by the AAC
They are extremely prestigious academic school who are AAU
with a 6.6billion endowment.
They have a student to faculty ratio of 6-1
I’m sure they have some serious deep pocket alumni.
Athletics has never been the priority Nobel prizes are.However they also have a small student body. They would essentially be Tulane 2 , but instead of medicine it would be sciences. Kind of an MIT clone with better athletics.
You know at some level Rice and Tulane could definitely be better
but really think
unless they got into the P5 which is unlikely
just skate through to keep the students and alums happy
If we were AAU with that money I suspect we would be in the B1G
Sounds like rule # 1a

Reaction Score
how in the world does this work? You’re asking Tulane, USF, temple and Buffalo to go find another conf for their Olympic sports and presumably do so at a lesser revenue generating level. So, leave your conference and accept less money all so u can play in a misfit fb conference.
How much is the MAC and AAC paying them for non-FB sports? Maybe some can come into the new Big East if it is such a wonderland!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind the AAC for FB-only now that they can't destroy basketball anymore.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
If you prefer what is leftover to the schedule we have already set up then I have little faith in Husky fans. Independence until hopefully something opens up is the only way to stay relevant. No one cares about those teams, the teams they will bring in are worse, and in the end bowl games are obsolete.

one good coaching choice and the narrative will change in time.

Reaction Score
If you prefer what is leftover to the schedule we have already set up then I have little faith in Husky fans. Independence until hopefully something opens up is the only way to stay relevant. No one cares about those teams, the teams they will bring in are worse, and in the end bowl games are obsolete.

one good coaching choice and the narrative will change in time.
One bad coaching decision is inevitable
Two consecutive bad decisions is awful but it happens
Three bad coaching decisions is most likely caused by the incompetence of those decision makers or the process in the decision.
They/It must be removed before your can go forward.

Reaction Score
Some of the challenge is it was three different decision-makers making the three bad decisions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom