Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wow. What’s up with this?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Surprised. Will be even more surprised if he stays in college next year. Kid is looking at being a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick this draft. Certainly could be a first rounder next year, but I can't get Mark Appel out my head when I think that.

Reaction Score
The branch-off of the SEC/B1G seems to be accelerating with the NIL creation.

Mid major conferences are becoming the minor leagues for the SEC

Reaction Score
I’m not gonna panic, I’m not gonna panic, I’m not gonna panic. Joking aside, I think he’s gonna go pro. Imagining him as a second or third rounder which means he goes pro

Reaction Score
Well, since if you listen to Penders there was zero chance he was expecting Reggie to ever play for us again after the injury, I don't see how this effects us at all. By everything written he will be a high draft choice, and coming off an injury would be nuts not to take guaranteed money. But yeah, I can't say I understand this. And it would be disheartening to learn that he took scholarship money we didn't revoke for this season and then went somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Likely keeping his options open if something goes awry with the draft. Can’t blame him if he uses the SEC as a fall back in all honesty.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Well, since if you listen to Penders there was zero chance he was expecting Reggie to ever play for us again after the injury, I don't see how this effects us at all. By everything written he will be a high draft choice, and coming off an injury would be nuts not to take guaranteed money. But yeah, I can't say I understand this. And it would be disheartening to learn that he took scholarship money we didn't revoke for this season and then went somewhere else.
'And it would be disheartening to learn that he took scholarship money we didn't revoke for this season and then went somewhere else.'

ur brain don't work too good, and this comment is ridiculous.
didn't revoke? didn't revoke? the guy was broken! or, nice pr, 'come to UConn! get injured- lose your scholarship!' brilliant! smooth move, exlax.

he's a good player, but we won without him, so there's that.
i'm thinking that his career threatening injury may have given him pause to think a bit, and mebbe some nil cash opportunity could happen at a different place. if so, well, good on him. u ain't paying his electric bill.
or mebbe he wants to play in warm weather. i have no clue, but college hoops and college hardball are pretty much just internships for many players hoping to make a career out of the sport, and iffn they're not thinking business 24/7 on that road, then they are either frauds to the goal, or delusional.
and, seeing how there seems to be more pro football leagues lately (an expanding market for labor!), im sure that there are a few more players thinking 'what do i have to do to get paid?'

mebbe reg just wanted a change of scenery. mebbe he's auctioning himself off to the highest bidder.
again, good on him.
im still amazed at the sense of betrayal so many hoopsters articulated when a whole bunch of those ballers said 'adios. im outta here,' as if it was a personal affront, and not each just deciding their best path.
they owe us nothing other than being decent people with respect for the school.
boolah, boolah, ain't moolah, moolah.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'boolah, boolah, ain't moolah, moolah.'

ya know what? that's sum good mulch right there, if i must say so myself.
yes indeedy.
team had a great season, sans reggie, so he's clearly not taking anything away that they know they can have without him. he's a real good player, top shelf, and if he gets to where he wants to go, others will say 'he made it show at UConn.' nice legacy from him for the school, another mlb'er from the Husky nine.

play them as u see them reg, play them as u see them. look at James over at the hoop side. he took a ton of cash to jump to an nba career that's now mostly stuck in neutral, with all kinds of curveballs heading toward his head, but, so what? 'he took a ton of cash!' some fans thought him disloyal, others thought him foolish becuz 'of course this past season, if he returned, we'd be king of the world and he would have made so much more!' ummm, guess not, especially if he didn't repeat his performance of years past, and it turns out that almost no one got drafted from the big east this year. final score? James wins. he knew exactly what he was here for the moment he step foot on campus. in the end, he too left a great legacy for the school. thanks james, and thank you reg.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The weird part is that we were a win away from the CWS. I feel like someone hinted at something……

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn would have been better with a healthy Reggie this past season but in him not playing most likely enabled a few others to showcase their talent
I have absolutely zero issues with him entering the portal. There is a very good chance he will be drafted high and it won't matter.
IF something happens and his stock has dropped a bit he can always play in a warm weather perennial top ranked team and earn some big NIL at the same time.
I despise the portal and the NIL crap but if it's here the players will use it
Best of luck to Reggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member