Reddit Preview of UConn (Ranked 14th) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reddit Preview of UConn (Ranked 14th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The author sounds like a more eloquent version of us. I get the impression he wants to put us in the top 5. Just too much uncertainty....spot on.

Reaction Score

For in depth analysis for the other 50 teams he ranked including Cinci and SMU

Vashil Fernandez is back for Valpo. I would have them in my top 25 with VF back. Valpo makes an Oregon swing this year to play Oregon and Oregon State. Coming out of the Horizon to get an At-Large they need to at least split those games and beat Rhode Island on the road. Oregon State is close to unbeatable at home right now so that will be very hard. It will be very interesting to see if Oakland takes out Valpo in Detroit in the Horizon League tourney if Valpo can get an At-Large bid. They have the potential to pull a Butler (made Final4 out of the Horizon) type of run if they actually make the tournament.

I think Oregon State should be in the top 50 unless I missed them. This guys work is great. Thanks for sharing. SO much better than everything else!

Reaction Score
Vashil Fernandez is back for Valpo. I would have them in my top 25 with VF back. Valpo makes an Oregon swing this year to play Oregon and Oregon State. Coming out of the Horizon to get an At-Large they need to at least split those games and beat Rhode Island on the road. Oregon State is close to unbeatable at home right now so that will be very hard. It will be very interesting to see if Oakland takes out Valpo in Detroit in the Horizon League tourney if Valpo can get an At-Large bid. They have the potential to pull a Butler (made Final4 out of the Horizon) type of run if they actually make the tournament.

I think Oregon State should be in the top 50 unless I missed them. This guys work is great. Thanks for sharing. SO much better than everything else!
I believe he wasn't eligble at the time of the Valpo ranking

Reaction Score
This reviewer knows what he's talking about and pretty much nailed everything that we on this board have known for a long time. The only thing I don't like is ranking us so high to start. Would rather lay in the weeds for awhile but realistically if we perform against the big boys in Nov and Dec, that won't be possible.

Reaction Score
I believe he wasn't eligble at the time of the Valpo ranking

Hi There BHB,

I couldn't open the link but my computer is still functional. So I searched the comment section via search and noticed the chat discussed what I mentioned about Hernandez gaining another year of eligibility. In my humble opinion that Oregon State vs. Valpo game will be a great game between 2 teams capable of surprising quite a few people. These are the type of teams UConn may play for the right to get their ticket punched to the S16 party. That is assuming UConn somehow gets screwed into a #4 seed and plays the #12 vs #5 seed winner. I think if OSU or Valpo are sitting in the #12 slot they will beat the #5 seed whoever that might be.

These are not the type of #12 seeds you look forward to playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom