Red Sox 2021 Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Red Sox 2021 Thread

Reaction Score
They are hideous looking but you gotta keep wearing them until you lose.
Not a big fan of yellow though so they never really had a shot with me. But I get the whole Boston marathon tie in.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lost in yellow, lost in red, Analytics says try the last primary color Blue.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For a ball club supposedly in a reloading year, everything else this year is gravy.

Sort of makes up for the last two months of suck.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Remember when signing Eovaldi was supposedly one of DD's mistakes?

Reaction Score
For a ball club supposedly in a reloading year, everything else this year is gravy.

Sort of makes up for the last two months of suck.
True but I must say I really like gravy so give me plenty of gravy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another way the game helped old Sox fans deal with some of the ghosts was Bogaert's dinger. We know that you should never throw a change-up to a slumping hitter at Fenway in the post-season.

Reaction Score
I expected after last night...popcorn out of the dugout and on the field...stealing home and just yukking it up all over the Sox...I expected Sale to show some aggression...maybe some high and tight, a couple knockdowns. but no...he totally wussed out instead. He showed more aggression 5 years ago when he didn't like the team jerseys than he did in a playoff game tonight.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Sale wasn't working back from Tommy John surgery 5 years ago. He only has two pitches right now, but will need to find that little something extra if this thing goes to game 5.

But as I said, it's all gravy right now.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Sale wasn't working back from Tommy John surgery 5 years ago. He only has two pitches right now, but will need to find that little something extra if this thing goes to game 5.

But as I said, it's all gravy right now.

I’d be tempted to start him today since Cora said he wouldn’t use sale out of the pen.

With the day off tomorrow you can roll with houck pivetta and a day off rested pen in game 5 if needed.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I’d be tempted to start him today since Cora said he wouldn’t use sale out of the pen.

With the day off tomorrow you can roll with houck pivetta and a day off rested pen in game 5 if needed.
I think E-Rod gives you the better chance to win and avoid Game 5 all together.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

If he is willing to throw strikes, maybe. E-Rod pitched scared. The reality is that lefthanded pitchers face Tampa's better lineup. I think they need to see if Sale can fix the mechanical issues he had the other night. But Tampa is using all relievers today as well, neither team has much left.

Game 5, if needed, should be Houck.

Reaction Score
E-Rod is so Jekyll and Hyde it wouldn’t shock me if he goes out and throws a gem today. I would save Houck and Sale for game 5 unless there is a kill shot moment in today’s game where you need them.
Tampa is the master of bullpen games so even though they used a ton of arms yesterday I don’t think they will be fazed…although I’d assume Robertson is unavailable

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
E-Rod's constant nibbling and inability to be aggressive drives me crazy. Even if he threw a "gem", the likelihood is he's done after 5 innings and we'll have to hit the bullpen for another 4. I have 0 faith in him tonight. I hope he makes me eat my comments.

Husky25

Reaction Score
This gravy's got legs!!

Reaction Score
I think I said this before but this team reminds me so much of 2013. That year the Sox were underdogs against each team they played and yet the won relatively easily. One big difference is that they had Koji and this team doesn't. Could Whitlock be our Koji?

Reaction Score
I love the fact that we have hardly used Whitlock since he came off the DL.
He should be very well rested for 2 innings in either game 4 or game 5 to help lock the game down and get us to game 6 with Nate on the hill (and no I dont expect us to win out at Fenway, Houston’s offense is going to wake up at some point)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He should be very well rested for 2 innings in either game 4 or game 5 to help lock the game down and get us to game 6 with Nate on the hill (and no I dont expect us to win out at Fenway, Houston’s offense is going to wake up at some point)

I certainly won’t count on it, but I see now evidence that Houston has the pitching to slow down the Sox. It could very easily be 3-0 right now.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I certainly won’t count on it, but I see now evidence that Houston has the pitching to slow down the Sox. It could very easily be 3-0 right now.

It should be.

Reaction Score
True but I think we will see a lot of Javier, Graveman, and Pressly the next couple days with Houston a bit shell shocked right now

Reaction Score
I don't 'expect' the Sox to close it out at Fenway, but....well, yeah, I kinda do actually....

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
True but I think we will see a lot of Javier, Graveman, and Pressly the next couple days with Houston a bit shell shocked right now

That's the thing. Their offense should wake up, but our pitching is rested and theirs is thrashed. Getting 6 from ERod last night was critical for winning the next couple of games. Houston is going with Greinke and has to hope he can give them some innings. Sox are starting Pivetta, but had Houck and Whitlock well rested.

Houston burned their Game 4 starter on Saturday. Garcia went 3 last night. They are really on the ropes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom