Red Sox 2021 Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Red Sox 2021 Thread

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sleepy Good Morning GIF by Hello All

Reaction Score
They were interviewing Reggie Jackson on nesn outside the park....he and rice were slobbering all over each other. I wish TC woulda, in his best Matt Farley imitation, dropped a "remember that time Billy Martin pulled you out of right field in the middle of an inning here at Fenway? I do...that was cool"

That would've been awesome....

Reaction Score
Our constant struggles with scoring after the fourth inning all playoffs long finally bit us in the ass.
And that strike 3 that wasn’t called by Laz didn’t help either. How a guy that bad at balls and strikes gets a job behind the plate in a playoff game is baffling to me.
Who decides the umpiring? Just MLB? Does the umpiring union have input so they can sneak in their bad senior members to the crews.
At any rate, some Vegas lines went from the Sox being the favorite to win the WS before Altuves HR to Houston now being the favorite.
And how do you decide to throw Altuve a fastball first pitch to start the 8th. The guy is super aggressive. Throw a slider down and away and see if he bites.

Reaction Score
Let's get with the program on electronic balls and strikes...so many bad calls (both ways)...can't understand why they wouldn't want to clean that up... Not that difficult, give the ump an earpiece and get on with it...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's get with the program on electronic balls and strikes...so many bad calls (both ways)...can't understand why they wouldn't want to clean that up... Not that difficult, give the ump an earpiece and get on with it...

Horrific umpiring. There is a site that shows the missed calls for each game, and this was the worst of the playoffs by a sizable margin. Some of them very critically harmful for Boston.

I also think it was dumb to bring in Eovaldi. Use the guys in the pen who are used to doing this.

Gotta win tonight.

Reaction Score
Our constant struggles with scoring after the fourth inning all playoffs long finally bit us in the ass.
And that strike 3 that wasn’t called by Laz didn’t help either. How a guy that bad at balls and strikes gets a job behind the plate in a playoff game is baffling to me.
Who decides the umpiring? Just MLB? Does the umpiring union have input so they can sneak in their bad senior members to the crews.
At any rate, some Vegas lines went from the Sox being the favorite to win the WS before Altuves HR to Houston now being the favorite.
And how do you decide to throw Altuve a fastball first pitch to start the 8th. The guy is super aggressive. Throw a slider down and away and see if he bites.

You have Laz Diaz umpiring what the hell did MLB think was gonna happen. He was equally bad for both sides. There does need to be a grading system like the NFL does having the top officials for playoff games. Big games should be handed to umps by performance not by seniority.

There will still be issues with an electronic strike zone. How about having someone in the booth their only job is to call balls and strikes that’s it with the tv at their disposal.

Reaction Score
You have Laz Diaz umpiring what the hell did MLB think was gonna happen. He was equally bad for both sides. There does need to be a grading system like the NFL does having the top officials for playoff games. Big games should be handed to umps by performance not by seniority.

There will still be issues with an electronic strike zone. How about having someone in the booth their only job is to call balls and strikes that’s it with the tv at their disposal.
Just take it out of the hands of the dude standing behind the plate. I've started calling them "pro rasslin' calls"... Like, everyone saw Mr Fuji throw salt in the guy's eyes, except the referee who just lets the match continue. Everyone saw the ball was over the plate, but the ump calls it a ball and we play on...same difference.

Reaction Score
Hey not the results we all wanted, but the bats have to show up in Texas
Someone corrected me and said Renfro is an “elite “ right fielder. I’m not seeing it. Minor point.
Btw I do agree with JS - let Avoldi try to finish the inning. You put him in after short rest, and yes bases loaded after a walk, But go to the dance.with who you brought.

Maybe nitpicking but lord.

Reaction Score

Umpire Scorecard is a great tool. Diaz had the fourth lowest strike zone accuracy of all umpires this season. To your point, amazing that they don’t use that data in a better way.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hey not the results we all wanted, but the bats have to show up in Texas
Someone corrected me and said Renfro is an “elite “ right fielder. I’m not seeing it. Minor point.
Btw I do agree with JS - let Avoldi try to finish the inning. You put him in after short rest, and yes bases loaded after a walk, But go to the dance.with who you brought.

Maybe nitpicking but lord.

It was his throw day. It was a set amount of pitches and he’s ready for friday

Reaction Score
All the throws he made were more stressful than just a throw day. To me I wouldn’t have gone with him unless it hit extra innings.
I would have used Houck and Whitlock to cover the final 3 innings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom