Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You unequivocally said he won't play in the NBA because he's too small. I have no clue if he'll ever play in the NBA but 6'2 certainly isn't too small to play in the NBA as a point guard.

Well he is listed as 6’1” 160. So small has more than one meaning. Most guys aren’t as tall as listed. Cole is listed as 6’1” 185.

Reaction Score
He can shoot.

And gotta think a VMI kid would fit the Hurley culture
Looks perfect on paper honestly. If he really wants to be a PG, however, that might be a tough sell. Cole can score well off ball, but will undoubtedly have the ball in his hands the most next year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Seen a lot of Battle over his two years. His athleticism makes Tyler P look like Michael Jordan. Good shooter, but I don't think he plays basketball at anywhere near our level.

GW, by the way, is an utter mess.

Yeah his lack of blocks and steals seems to say he’s not much of an athlete

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Looks perfect on paper honestly. If he really wants to be a PG, however, that might be a tough sell. Cole can score well off ball, but will undoubtedly have the ball in his hands the most next year.

Meh, play them together and you’re running with 2 combo guards.

Reaction Score
Well he is listed as 6’1” 160. So small has more than one meaning. Most guys aren’t as tall as listed. Cole is listed as 6’1” 185.
He's listed as 6'3 on his high school roster, 6'1 on 247, 6'2 on rivals, and 6'2 on espn. I've watched him play a fair amount, he doesn't look small.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He's listed as 6'3 on his high school roster, 6'1 on 247, 6'2 on rivals, and 6'2 on espn. I've watched him play a fair amount, he doesn't look small.
If he’s in that range and can get strong enough then sure. But Jalen Adams is still in the G League. I think we tend to rush to pronounce HS kids NBA players.

Reaction Score
If he’s in that range and can get strong enough then sure. But Jalen Adams is still in the G League. I think we tend to rush to pronounce HS kids NBA players.
Oh yeah, we do always do that. No clue if he'll make it some day. He's not a great athlete but is athletic and long enough to dunk with ease on the break. He seems like a really crafty floor general with great instincts who sees the whole court. If his jumper is good he'll be a problem for opponents. Looks like a real leader.

Reaction Score
Which transfers were more than role players on championship teams?

We aren't Seton Hall or any of the other mid pack programs. The recruiting fever over transfers doesn't match their impact at the top end.

If Cole and Martin cut down the nets or make a real run at it, I'll reevaluate the position.

Eric Paschall

Reaction Score
How does it scare off a recruit to bring in a grad transfer with one year of eligibility? They won't be on the team by the time any recruit arrives.
I am ok with a grad transfer. In the mean time my focus is on this year.

Reaction Score
How about a 6'4 Storm?

VMI's Greg Parham is a grad transfer. 18.4p, 3.9r, 4.0a, 43.5 3p%.

Yes...like him much more.

Question though...looks like Parham played a full 4 seasons at VMI, so in a normal year would not be eligible for a 5th year. Does the "free" COVID 5th year apply to transfers as well? He must at least count for a scholarship if he transfers, correct? That's where it's a little confusing to me. Obviously, we know that Whaley, Polley, or Carlton wouldn't count against the scholarship limit, but I would assume a transfer would.

I actually wasn't even sure if a guy who normally would have exhausted his eligibility was allowed to transfer somewhere for his 5th year, but if Parham is, I guess they all are. Again, I'd imagine he counts against the scholarship limit though and the only ones who don't count against it are guys who stay at the same school.

Reaction Score
An article about recruiting transfers.

What's the impact?

The impact of what is to come will be wide ranging. First and foremost, there will be a shift in the entire recruiting landscape. Talking around the college basketball industry, many high major college programs will now look to the transfer market as their primary source of talent.

Reason being, especially this year when college coaches weren't able to get on the road and evaluate high school players in-person, is if they have to evaluate and recruiting from film, then at least they can watch film of their targets competing against other college players with reliable statistics to have a better idea of what they are getting.

Reaction Score

Instantly the a top transfer on the market.

Played the point-wing position before Cooper came in. 6'6 205 with three years of eligibility left. 44.2 3p% too.

One caveat of his stats, six of his ten games played this year were cupcake games. Gonzaga, Arkansas, Memphis, Texas A&M and UCF are the five toughest teams he's played against .

Reaction Score
Auburn board is speculating he wants to be closer to home after injuries this season (home is Kentucky)

Reaction Score
Too small for NBA
1987-spud-webb-muggsy-boguesjpg.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
An article about recruiting transfers.

What's the impact?

The impact of what is to come will be wide ranging. First and foremost, there will be a shift in the entire recruiting landscape. Talking around the college basketball industry, many high major college programs will now look to the transfer market as their primary source of talent.

Reason being, especially this year when college coaches weren't able to get on the road and evaluate high school players in-person, is if they have to evaluate and recruiting from film, then at least they can watch film of their targets competing against other college players with reliable statistics to have a better idea of what they are getting.

This is why we need to win. Transfers will be looking to go where they can win, experience March Madness etc. The haves will out recruit the have nots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom