Recently Watched Movies 2022 | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Recently Watched Movies 2022

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Enough Said (Hulu). Glad to see this hit streaming, finally. Saw it about 8 years ago and enjoyed it. It's a movie aimed at mature folks. The leads (Julia Louis-Dreyfus & James Gandolfini in his penultimate role) are both divorced parents, each with one kid, and each kid is getting ready to go away to college. Both parents are apprehensive about becoming empty nesters. They meet at a party and nothing clicks at first. The second date goes better. But the Dreyfus character has a secret in which she learns about all the negatives of Gandolfini's character through one of her clients. Things unravel and get messy.

It's essentially a romcom, but no LOLs, just gentle humor regarding life's foibles and how the characters - mostly Dreyfus - deal with their issues. It's one of those small movies few people saw on its first go-round, but the film and cast were nominated for a bunch of film critics awards. Makes you wonder what else Gandolfini could've done as his character here is very different from anything else he's done.

Reaction Score
Hey @Mano we need a 2023 thread

I certainly would love to see the 2022 summary of movies that were reviewed in this thread by @Mano as he has done the last few years, but at the same time I know it has to be a ton of work to do what he has done in the past. I appreciate what he has done in the past, but at the same time, I can certainly understand if he doesn't care or have the time to do it again, as it is a lot of work and a time consuming process to get it done.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I certainly would love to see the 2022 summary of movies that were reviewed in this thread by @Mano as he has done the last few years, but at the same time I know it has to be a ton of work to do what he has done in the past. I appreciate what he has done in the past, but at the same time, I can certainly understand if he doesn't care or have the time to do it again, as it is a lot of work and a time consuming process to get it done.
Absolutely. Was going to review The Pale Blue Eyes, but realized it should go in the 2023 thread if there is going to be one.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Did Mano pull an 8893? Hasn't posted since August.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Enough Said (Hulu). Glad to see this hit streaming, finally. Saw it about 8 years ago and enjoyed it. It's a movie aimed at mature folks. The leads (Julia Louis-Dreyfus & James Gandolfini in his penultimate role) are both divorced parents, each with one kid, and each kid is getting ready to go away to college. Both parents are apprehensive about becoming empty nesters. They meet at a party and nothing clicks at first. The second date goes better. But the Dreyfus character has a secret in which she learns about all the negatives of Gandolfini's character through one of her clients. Things unravel and get messy.

It's essentially a romcom, but no LOLs, just gentle humor regarding life's foibles and how the characters - mostly Dreyfus - deal with their issues. It's one of those small movies few people saw on its first go-round, but the film and cast were nominated for a bunch of film critics awards. Makes you wonder what else Gandolfini could've done as his character here is very different from anything else he's done.
I watched this. It wasn’t what I thought it would be but I enjoyed it. Thanks for recommending it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I feel like this has to be one of two scenarios:

1). There is a new cooler Boneyard that some of us are not invited to.
Or
2) There is a psychopath slowly picking us off one of the time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Just watched "The Menu." I just didn't get it. I didn't enjoy it at all. Some reviewers called it brilliant satire or very dark comedy. Didn't hit the mark for me. Seemed ridiculous and pointless. But Anya Taylor-Joy is always very watchable.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Or
The call is coming from inside the house!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Let’s just keep it rolling into 2023 then.

The Pale Blue Eye. Netflix, released last week. Stars Christian Bale as a grizzled former police investigator Augustus Landon, and Harry Melling and West Point Cadet Edgar Alan Poe. Both of them are superb. Melling has a creepy manner. Bale has really embraced middle age and it suits him. Landor is asked to investigate a crime at West Point in 1830. The academy is under scrutiny and some want it shut down. Poe is a cadet who is interested in the case and assists Lander. The cast is good except Gillian Anderson. The story is compelling and has many small twists as it unravels to a conclusion. It’s feels like it carries you forward and it’s a ride you can’t get off, like a book you can’t put down. Best Netflix movie in some time.

Reaction Score
Hey @Mano we need a 2023 thread

I'm still around but my boneyarding time has given way to other competing interests for sure. A big reason for that is my list of movies that I had been saving to post was lost when my old Macbook finally crapped out. Probably 30 films or so that I have little hope of remembering now that it's been months. Sadly my motivation to recap everything was lost as well. I'll start a new thread in a minute tho.

Or

There is some truth to one of these scenarios...

Reaction Score
I'm still around but my boneyarding time has given way to other competing interests for sure. A big reason for that is my list of movies that I had been saving to post was lost when my old Macbook finally crapped out. Probably 30 films or so that I have little hope of remembering now that it's been months. Sadly my motivation to recap everything was lost as well. I'll start a new thread in a minute tho.

There is some truth to one of these scenarios...
Highly recommend to keep yourself organize: Keep track of what movies you have seen - iCheckMovies.com

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Same. It's not good. Will Ferrell is often painfully too much in most of his movies (Zoolander is where it works best), but Elf is just dumb.

He's toned down in Spirited, and is pretty good in that.
Haven't seen that, but to be fair to Ferrell, I did enjoy "Everything Must Go".

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Everything, Everywhere, All at once. Michelle Yeow. This is likely to be nominated for best picture. It shouldn’t win, but then what else is new. It’s a weird way to tell a story that ultimately is far less complicated than the movie itself. Immigrant is struggling with her laundry business, with her husband, with her daughter, her dad and the IRS. Enter a multitude of universe versions of her based on choices she didn’t make, and of course a villain that isn’t really. It’s funny at times, and the husband is great. Aside from that, it’s meh, and needlessly strange.

'I just saw that it won best picture so I decided to watch. 1/2 hour in an it sucks.

Done: Absolutely terrible movie. I'm going to have to try and watch it high

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'I just saw that it won best picture so I decided to watch. 1/2 hour in an it sucks.

Have you seen “Pale Blue Eye”? Great flick, although the ending could have been done a little better, but I guess nothing is perfect.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Some people loved it. I thought I described it fairly. There was just no need for all of that to tell this story.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Didn't have the stomach to go see the BET final game so we went to the Village and saw La Civil. Didn't exactly cheer me up.

I thought it was well written, well produced and well acted. Grabs you from the beginning, maybe a little long. Late in the movie I was trying to envision how it was going to end. Then it ended, and I still don't know what happened.

Reaction Score

Tried that. Didn't help. I mean, I get it, to some extent, but it also won for "Best Film Editing". I mean, come on. It was amateur hour from start to finish and the "editing" that made it WAY too long and broke it up into the three separate parts was, frankly, not good.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

After seeing your post I looked up the list of winners (and nominees). It was not a good year for movies. Just not much there.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
After seeing your post I looked up the list of winners (and nominees). It was not a good year for movies. Just not much there.
All Quiet on the Western Front was very good. Top Gun Maverick was good. Most of the rest of the nominees were odd quirky things. The acting in Banshees was terrific but it was weird.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom